Hood Canal - February 4th

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Hood Canal - February 4th

Post by Tangfish »

Looks like there are some pretty big exchanges according to the tide tables, and slack is around 4pm on Saturday. What do you guys think? I'm interested in doing Octopus Hole. I don't know where it is in relation to Sund Rock, but I've already done the rock last summer. The nursery just North of the rock is pretty awesome for smaller stuff.

Lets start the dialogue about rides, timing, etc. Also, if anyone wants to go diving this week post it here.
Last edited by Tangfish on Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Next Saturday

Post by Dave »

Hey next Saturday looks like the canal hey??? It really isn't that current intensive although a couple of weeks ago when Doug and I did both the rock and Octo hole , at the hole we encountered a pretty good current????
Octopus hole is about a short mile down from Sund and it is clearly marked with a sign on a tree and the pull out is quite a bit smaller. How about leave Seattle at 1 and be in the water about 2:30 ish and the second around 3:30 ish,,,I would be into doing both Sund and the hole?????
:partyman:
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Hey, I'm down to go diving anytime when the plan is to leave after Noon. \:D/ Should we do three dives since we're going all the way out there? There's a small dive shop right by Sund Rock where we can get air fills, they're really nice there. Dave, you wanna carpool? :occasion5:
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Carpool

Post by Dave »

Sounds like a plan on the car pool, probably be at least me, you, and Ry', I sent the guys an e-mail with a link to this post in an effort to encourage some of the old group to hook back up.Anyway, we can meet at my house at 12:30 so we can load gear and be on the road on time!!! On time being the key We could leave my house at noon if you want to do 3 dives,,,or whatever, let's see what everyone else thinks,,,Ry', Jeff, Doug, Greg, Collin,,,,OMG is Erik maybe even still on the planet????
:axe:
I could take up to 5 divers,
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Jay and I are planning to head up saturday morning we will eather be getting a roomor takeing his camper and staying over night

I am going to be makeing a few calls tomorrow after work to get some prices for rooms

we would like to do a night dive at Octo hole if posable.

ill post more after I make some calls and speak with jay ( My Dive budy )

we will be heading out to sea soon as he is a officer in the Coast Gard

we also talked about maybe doing Flag pole if we go to Mike's beach resort he will let you have acess to the Flag Pole for like ten bucks and you can dive from the ramp

were still hashing ideas here.

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

I spoke with Ryan today and he is up in the air for Saturday as he may be in B.C. for the weekend, but if not he will be joining us, I met another diver this weekend that I need to get hooked up with the site and I will invite him and his dive bud also,,,I am looking forward to getting my twins wet!!!!!! Sund is a perfect dive for new equipment in my humble opinion....

:hello2:
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Ok Here is our ( Jay and myself ) plan

We will be heading to The Canal Early Saturday Morning
we have booked a room in the Super 8 in Shelton about 20 miles or so from Hoods Port.

We want to dive Sund Rock Jay is calling them tomorrow to see about getting a Reservation and a key we plan to do a dive at Octopus Hole saturday ( Night dive ) if all goes as plan any one up to a night dive?

Do atleast one or two dives on sunday before heading home
sounds like the lot of us will be on the canal on saturday so lets pick a meet time and place.

I was thinking Hoodsportndive at say 2:30 should give you late startes a chance to catch up to us and we could get at least one dive together as a group.

and we should have at least one dive in by that time as well.

jay and I like to do a dive realy early in the morning Some thing about being in the water when the world is just wakeing up is our thing.

like I say if you have any questions or would like to join us give me a call
for the record any dive im doing has a open invite so consider your self invited

hope to see every one there
Saturday at 2:30 at the dive shop.
:salute:
Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

Saturday afternoon sounds like a plan, Calvin is not much for early mornings and I think a few afternoon dives sounds pretty good too, we'll see you at Mike's about 2:30 I would imagine. I will more than likely hike down to Sund $15 bucks a head seems a little steep to avoid a short hoof and swim???
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Dave by Mike,s I asume yur meaning As in mike the Guy that runs the dive shop yes?

he is a grate guy I have a couple questions for him when we get there
I like is buddy Ron to they know the hood canal and diving like no one else

see you there

look for jay and myself we will be in jay,s little red two door some thing I for get What it is though LOL

you do relise we dont dive Twins my bigest tanks are 119 and jay has 95s but weel manage.

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

Yeah Mike's Dive Shop,,,we will head up when the first person needs too so tank size wont be an issue,,,other than my double 95's all I have are aluminum 80's so I am sure we will all be fine,,,,Calvin we are on for Saturday Hood canal right????
:sign10:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I'm in, lets consider it a done deal. Are we doing 2 or 3 dives out there Dave? I vote for 3 since we're driving so far already. Lets just make a day of it. :rr:
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

We can shoot for 3 and see how energetic we are!!!
\:D/
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Right on not bad for our first " Club outting " at least half the member ship will be there better then some of the other boards do Ill bet ya.

I am so stoked I cant waite to met every one and better yet
D I V E !!!!! :bootyshake:

Any one else up for a night dive with Jay and I at Octo hole saturday night?

should be a good dive never dove it at night before but I am looking foward to it.

I need to get Jay hooked on this sight as well

see you guys saturday

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

We'll be there, we'll see how energetic we are after a couple of dives but we can shoot for a night dive and see how things pan out!!!!
:bounce:
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

So your posts are confusing...
What time at Hood Canal? Are we meeting at Hoodsport and Dive?
How many dives?
Sat for sure.
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

hey Scuba k

yes we are meeting at hoodsport ndive at 2:30 pm 2/04/06
we are shooting for three dives with the possibilty of a night dive as well.

Jay Murphy ( you dove with him once I think ) and I are going to go earler as we like to dive at first llight or so.

but here is the plan
we are going to drive up in the morning and do a dive then we plan to meet up with Dave and Calvin at the Hoodsportndive at 2:30 and do some more diving.

Jay and I are booked in to a room at the super 8 in Shelton
after we get checked in and have some dinner we want to do a night dive at Octopus Hole .

any questions give me a call you can find my noumber in the Contact a dive budy thread.

hope to see you there

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Somebody want to post driving directions how to get to the meeting spot..I am going to try and make it there sat afternoon if all goes as planned.. Its kinda a long shot though if I can get my dry suit back on the way out there.. should be home late fri night early sat morn.. I have never dived hoodcanal..... Hope all goes as planned :partyman:
Who run barter town?
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Take I-5 to Olympia
Take Exit 104 to Hwy 101 North and go 5.8 miles
Take exit at Hwy 101/Hwy 8 junction towards Shelton and Port Angeles
Continue north on Hwy 101 for 28 miles to Hoodsport, then 2.0 miles north of the Finch Creek Bridge to a turnout on the right side of the roadway, 1/2 mile past Mile Marker 330

the meet place is at the dive shop in the Camp ground just past the dive site

look of a little dinner on your left and the Restwhile RV park then youll kknow your there

http://www.hoodsportndive.com/

We will be looking for you then
hope all goes as planed for you

Sparky and one having any questions I can be reach at home any time after 5:00 in the evenings (503) 861-2611

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
da_jab
Aquaphile

wanna dive dive dive!!

Post by da_jab »

Yo,

the boat dive got cancelled so I'm free for the hood canal dives! :)
Anyone interested in setting up carpool (and possibly pick me up from Redmond, near 520) ;)

.Janne
What works, works!
--Sheck Exley
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

I was gonna meet sparky about 8 am if you wanna leave early.. you can hitch a ride....
Who run barter town?
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

Hey Janne , you posting messages from the beach??? I am not sure where you are in relation to Calvin or Ryan ? So you are on for Saturday???
:partyman:
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Diver down here are a couple pics you ask for of the div sites.

pic of octo hole and sund Rock also a map of Sund Rock dive site ]

http://spaces.msn.com/sparkysdivesite/photos/
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
lostnbrownsmead
Avid Diver

Sund rock anyone

Post by lostnbrownsmead »

I know my first post Sparky. I checked with Mike at Hoodsport scuba and there is room at Sund Rock for a group of divers. How many people are interested? so I can firm up plans if anyone is interested.

Jay
da_jab
Aquaphile

Post by da_jab »

Hey, can someone borrow me a tank (or two) for saturday. I guess we can get fills from the hoodsportndive so one tank would be sufficient? Also a pair of fins (size L) and a weight belt would be highly appreciated. ;) This way I'd not need to rent them for the weekend.

.Janne
What works, works!
--Sheck Exley
lostnbrownsmead
Avid Diver

Post by lostnbrownsmead »

Janne I can loan you some fins, tanks and weight belt. I will be diving with Sparky. How much weight do you need?

Jay