Keystone Sat 1/28

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Keystone Sat 1/28

Post by YellowEye »

Hi
Who's up for Keystone Sat 1/28?

I'm happy to brief the site to people who haven't been yet. (Note: I'm not a divemaster, so please be comfortable with advanced sites and have some coldwater dives in the last month at least, and be in reasonable shape as this can be a tricky site at times. This is not a site to try new gear. Bring a buddy you work well with if you can. Let me know here if you need a briefing.)

The dives would be wind forecast dependent. The good tide window should start around noon.

:smt064 :popcorn: :taco: :neener: :calvin:
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
bradmond
Submariner

Re: Keystone Sat 1/28

Post by bradmond »

Going to Winthrop to visit my Dad. Hope you get a couple good dives in.
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

I'm in :pirate: :taco: :) :eric: :partydance: :supz:
Can't wait for the epic dives and the pickles deli safety stop! :luv: :burntchef: :partyman:

We gotta get Gdog to join us! :joshsmith:
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

I'm out of the water for a while, waiting for skin surgery on my nose to fully heal. But Keystone is such a pretty place, that I might tag along for shore support. Curious about the Pickles Deli, too. I'm familiar with the Greenbank Cafe, but not this other place. Hope the weather is amenable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

I think I am in....
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Hmm... That might be doable. Let's see how work goes this week
dphershman
Aquanaut

Post by dphershman »

Its possible that I might be able to make it up there on Saturday, but I don't have a buddy available that day. it would have to be someone able to put up with a very slow photograher! ;)

Dan
YellowEye wrote:Hi

I'm happy to brief the site to people who haven't been yet. (Note: I'm not a divemaster, so please be comfortable with advanced sites and have some coldwater dives in the last month at least, and be in reasonable shape as this can be a tricky site at times. This is not a site to try new gear. Bring a buddy you work well with if you can. Let me know here if you need a briefing.)

The dives would be wind forecast dependent. The good tide window should start around noon.

Dan Hershman :smt024
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

I'm in!
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
jmartel
Dive-aholic

Post by jmartel »

Not sure if I'll have a car available, but if I do I'm down to do it. 2 tanks? On that same note, I don't suppose anyone is coming up from Kitsap county that I could bribe to take me over?

dphershman, if I can make it I'll be a slow photographer as well, so that will work out fine for me. Got a new macro lens I want to try out.
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

GearHead wrote:I'm out of the water for a while, waiting for skin surgery on my nose to fully heal. But Keystone is such a pretty place, that I might tag along for shore support. Curious about the Pickles Deli, too. I'm familiar with the Greenbank Cafe, but not this other place. Hope the weather is amenable.
You're gonna love Pickles Deli!
It's up the hill from the Clinton ferry in the Les Schwab Tires parking lot! :partydance: :eric: :luv: :partyman: :burntchef:

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-8&h ... IgAQ%3D%3D
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Marker Buoys has a dive scheduled for Keystone that day ... I'll be there ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
derekcs
Perma Narc'd

Post by derekcs »

I'm hoping to make it out for this.
All underwater photographs of mine are posted at http://www.dereksinger.com
@dereksingerphotography on Instagram
jmartel
Dive-aholic

Post by jmartel »

Ok, I now have confirmed that I will have the car. So I'll be there for it with the camera rig in tow.
SquareFish
Just Settling In

Post by SquareFish »

I'm in. New to Keystone, so I'll be taking YellowEye up on the briefing/tour offer.

YellowEye wrote:Hi

:pirate: Don't eat square fish! Arr.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Ok so how do I get to Keystone from Olympia....
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Gdog wrote:Ok so how do I get to Keystone from Olympia....
What a great question!!!
We are planning on the 9am ferry from mukiltio to Clinton. Then a stop at pickles deli!
Then head to the Coupeville to Port Townsend ferry. The Keystone Jetty is next to the Ferry.
Also you need a discovery pass for the parking lot. :)

Let me know if you need help on the road!
I can't wait to see you at Keystone Gdog!!!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

jmartel
Dive-aholic

Post by jmartel »

For those who haven't been there before, note that there is a $10/day cash parking pass if you don't have a Discover Pass. Found that out the hard way first time I went there.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Wondering if it would be better for me to go up the canal and take the port townsend ferry over...
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Gdog wrote:Wondering if it would be better for me to go up the canal and take the port townsend ferry over...
Absolutely not. You`ll miss Pickles :eek:

Looking forward to this guys. Keep an eye on this thread for weather updates.
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

I can't wait!!!
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Hi
Weather forecast is slated at 2' wind waves max at this point. This forecast usually states wave heights on the high side, and 2' forecast turns out to be no worries. But we may have to make a call in the morning or when we get there. Either way, keep your regs in your mouth upon entry and exit (I always recommend this but at keystone this is of utmost importance). I will post an update in the morning, or you can check here, bottom of page: http://www.atmos.washington.edu/data/marine_report.html

I will pm those on this thread my phone #. Several of us are hitting the 9am ferry. This would give us plenty of time to take the ferry (20mins), eat at or order from pickles (30 min), commute to the site (40min). That will give us 1.5 hrs to chat/meet, give briefings, etc, for a 12pm splash. If you don't want to loligag and are familiar with the site, feel free to come later.

Looking forward!
Last edited by YellowEye on Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Oh, and I drive a silver passat station wagon with rocket box that says Northwest Dive Club and "Got pickles?" on it! :)
jmartel
Dive-aholic

Post by jmartel »

I'll probably be on the 11am ferry from Port Townsend over, so arriving around 11:30. Is there anywhere near there that would make a good backup site?
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Hi
There aren't any "epic" backup sites that don't take a lot of planning but there is an okay site with striped sea pens and other nudibranchs on the south side of the island. We'll likely be fine.
vadsam
Frequent Bubbler

Post by vadsam »

I would also like to join the fun, but I don't have dive buddy. Anyone willing to buddy up?