Need a dive buddy or guide

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Tony started his search at Bubbles and Suds facebook page. Lots of people seem pretty busy. Tony really wants to see an Octo (GPO) and from what I understand he has some dives as deep as 100 feet but would prefer to have a longer dive, shallower. He is open to nights, days, whatever.

Can anyone show Tony a GPO?
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Need a dive buddy or guide

Post by Gdog »

Go at redondo under the boat is gone. Who has a gpo spotted?
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

I can go Thursday or Friday morning. Where's the best place to spot one? Saltwater S.P.?
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Tony --
Welcome!

Would you be happy to see a small, red octopus, rather than a GPO? The bonus of finding one of those is that you can usually see them fully out in the open rather than in a den and they are easier to find.

Do you have a night dive cert, and are you pretty comfortable with coldwater diving and night diving? Night diving is an easier way to find those.

-Eric
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Saltwater Park has a big GPO....great idea if the tides arent too bad. Or ann 8:40 am splash at Day Island on Thursday would probably yield several GPO sitings
Tonystrecker
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Tonystrecker »

My name is Tony. I'm trying to find a dive buddy or a guide that can show me around. I'll be available Thursday April 6 all day. The morning on Friday and the morning on Saturday. I think I have something lined up for Friday afternoon. I dive a lot in the quarry in Indiana where I live so I'm used to chilly water and Limited vis. I haven't ever dove in the Puget sound yet. I really want to though. It seems like a lot of fun. Any help would be appreciated. I've called pretty much every dive shop in the area and it hasn't been as easy as I figured it would be to get something going on. But whatever I'm still going to make the best of my trip to the pnw. I'm ok with mountains and rivers and walking around and stuff but I really prefer to be suspended in the water. Thanks 7653135253
Tonystrecker
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Tonystrecker »

I like diving at night. I'm ok with cold water too. Im fine with little red octopus. I think any octopus would be special to see. All I ever really get to see where I usually dive is the algea formations and some bluegill and bass and some junk boats n stuff that are suspended in the quarry. It's all kinda pretty. I can't complain. I just like it in the water. I'm available pretty much anytime Thursday and Friday and or Saturday am
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Sounds like it is coming together for you Tony, I KNEW nwdc wouldn't let ya down.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Anyone communicating with Tony?
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

I think he met Bradmond today for a dive at Saltwater Park.
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

We met at 9:00 and had a good dive. Didn't find a GPO but giving it another try tomorrow, same time.
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

Have a great dive and hope you find a n Octo for Tony!!!
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
Tonystrecker
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Tonystrecker »

I had a good time at saltwater with Brad. Yesterday the vis was better. This morning it wasn't too bad. I like the green tint to the water out here. There's a bunch of weird animals I've never seen before too. It's cool to be a big time scuba diver. We all have something interesting challenging relaxing to do when we go to new places. We get to experience things the non diving population probably doesn't even know about. In this area it's right at the bottom of the hill. Definitely a great place.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Glad you had good dives Tony. Yes, we have a great place to live and dive
mpenders
Submariner

Post by mpenders »

Any luck finding an octo? I'm pretty sure you saw a ling cod-zilla or two...or twenty...
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

They are all hiding from him. Thursday we checked the north and south reefs, nothing. This morning we circled the middle reef and then the south one again, still nothing. Guess we would fine several if we were looking for something else. Did see plenty of Lingcod and Rockfish.