Redondo this weekend

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
JJHACK
Aquaphile

Redondo this weekend

Post by JJHACK »

I will be at Redondo with my wife this weekend. She is going to try to complete her final open water dive requirement.

I would like to meet up with somebody that wants to dive there. She will be in the class for the weekend. So I cannot have her as a dive buddy. The only catch to this is if another one of the students does not show up, I will offer to act as her dive buddy so she can complete her training. Coming from Eastern Wa. it's not uncommon for folks to no-show. We will see tomorrow afternoon!

Either way, I would enjoy meeting others from this site to put a face to a name.

Cheers
Jim
The best things in life are not things
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Redondo this weekend

Post by Gdog »

Jim, are diving both Saturday and Sunday, or just Saturday?
theonly_JT
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by theonly_JT »

I could do Redondo tomorrow! what time were you thinking?

-JT
"Whoa! Big ol' blue's one serious place, dude." - Crush the sea turtle
JJHACK
Aquaphile

Post by JJHACK »

Well, the way this worked out was a bit screwy, humans are a peculiar lot! People that were suppose to be arriving for checkout dives do not show, others from previous missed checkouts do show unannounced as if the school and instructor has a surplus of drive instructors handy, and then those that show for the first day and either freak out in the dark low vis water and bail out. Or just decide to do something else on Sunday.

With this situation at hand, I felt sorry for the guys running the instruction/ training for the store. That one poor bugger must have had to go back to the truck for more weight to help ill prepared newbies sink and achieve proper buoyancy. That instructor was climbing the stairs back and forth with all his weight and tank on way too many times! My son finally became his runner for gear and was a great resource to help. My son will not dive, and is not entirely comfortable in the water period. Oh well, not everyone has a passion for the same things. At least he is a great shore support!
The best things in life are not things
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Sounds like it was exciting at least!!