Alki cove 2 or equal June 3rd?

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
JJHACK
Aquaphile

Alki cove 2 or equal June 3rd?

Post by JJHACK »

Well, I'm headed to a business meeting on June 2nd which includes the mariners game. Since I will be there with hotel covered by expense account I'm going to bring my wife along to dive on the third. This will be her first dive since being certified. Also her first dive using all her own gear.

I have made the decision to use three tanks each. First one kinda sacrificial to allow her to set up the weight and bouyancy in shallow water. Then to get familiar with her console and BCD controls. aahhh remember the days of all new gear, like a kid at Christmas time!

After which we can use the remaining two tanks to actually explore and have fun. Probably will rent 80cf steel tanks. Hoping 30plus minutes per tank for her being rather new.

Parking on a sunny day at Alki cove 2 might be a struggle. So my question is where is there another place in the area that might be a backup to this with additional parking. I'm thinking we will try to be there early enough to get parking, but it's a tight place especially with a class going on.
The best things in life are not things
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Re: Alki cove 2 or equal June 3rd?

Post by Jeff Pack »

we usually park by cove 1
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
JJHACK
Aquaphile

Re: Alki cove 2 or equal June 3rd?

Post by JJHACK »

Is the walk down to the water at cove one as easy as cove two? If I recall they are only seperated by the wood pilings on the point and maybe 50-75 yards of water?
The best things in life are not things