Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive! July 16 @ Sund Rock

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive! July 16 @ Sund Rock

Post by Tangfish »

What: Club Dive!
Where: Sund Rock!
When: Sunday July 16, 9:00 a.m.!

Please let us know if and what you're able to bring for sharing, things like BBQ basics, tables, chairs, canopies for shade, coolers and of course food ingredients, BEER, 17 bags of chips, etc! I will bring a canopy and the Coolest Cooler for margaritas or pina coladas :partyman: :partyman:

Also bring: sunscreen, water, a chair for surface intervals, your dive gear, and your favorite hat (it'll hopefully be really sunny between dives).

Club Dives are also a great chance to try out new gear so please post a question if you have any and usually there are plenty of generous divers around here willing to let a buddy try out some fins, etc.

This is a "Big Buddy" dive, so if you are a "Little Buddy" (a new and/or inexperienced diver) and want to dive with a "Big Buddy" (a more experienced diver), let us know and we will pair you up. If you're willing to be a Big Buddy let us know that too!

There is a fee to dive this site that must be paid at Hoodsport 'n Dive prior to driving down to the site. This fee is per diver, not per vehicle, and Mr. Sund usually pops around to check at some point during the day to confirm that it was paid, so please do so.

A map to Hoodsport 'n Dive can be found here:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hood+ ... 9a3759d316

A map to the dive site can be found here:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sund+ ... 8adb023078

Woohoo! :joshsmith:
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive! July 16 @ Sund Rock

Post by Penopolypants »

Woohoo indeed! I will bring cupcakes!

I can also take up to two divers and their gear if anyone wants to carpool. I live in Seattle and can pick up people along the way if you're south of Seattle.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

I will bring a large canopy, chairs, and hamburger patties. I have a large BBQ grill if someone has an open bed truck that can haul it...
theonly_JT
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by theonly_JT »

YESSS!!! I will bring a table, chairs, cooler, prob margarita supplies, and I'm sure I think of more goodies. :partydance: This will be awesomeeee! :taco: :burntchef: :partyman:
"Whoa! Big ol' blue's one serious place, dude." - Crush the sea turtle
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

This sounds like a great time! I have a large propane burner and stock pot that I typically use for boiling crab, potatoes, corn on the cob & things like that. Is this something we could put to good use?
I'll bring a cooler, a couple camp chairs and a small table for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

GearHead wrote:This sounds like a great time! I have a large propane burner and stock pot that I typically use for boiling crab, potatoes, corn on the cob & things like that. Is this something we could put to good use?
Absolutely!

JT, let's coordinate on margaritas so we don't duplicate. I'm sure ScubieDoo will have some input on tequila. I've got the blender!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Really want to make this, but arrival time would be afternoon. Don't know if that's a non-starter, or if I'd need to drive down and drop my gear off then park up top.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

I will be there and I got the tequila covered. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StrangeDoc
Avid Diver

Post by StrangeDoc »

I should be able to be there, I would need a big buddy though. I can bring a cooler with extra waters.
kerbyk
Avid Diver

Post by kerbyk »

I'm going to try to make it! tables, chairs, bio-degradeable plates and tableware...if surface-support comes with me, maybe some vegetarian options! Otherwise, salad + dressing...
Any pizza is a "personal pizza" if you just believe in yourself.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Tom Nic wrote:Really want to make this, but arrival time would be afternoon. Don't know if that's a non-starter, or if I'd need to drive down and drop my gear off then park up top.
Early or late afternoon Tom? I'm thinking some people may come just for a morning dive or two and by the time you get there some may be or already have left. Anyway, I think we can make it work somehow someway and I'd love to see you!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

It usually ends up being around 1-2 pm before the bunch starts to thin out, as I recall...
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

Yeehaa! I'm going to be hanging in Port Townsend this summer and might actually make it to a club dive, finally!

I'm planning on being there. Got chairs, chips, and cookin' utensils ready to go.

Also happy to carpool or pick someone up on the PT end of the Coupeville-PT ferry, if needed.
divernick93
Frequent Bubbler

Post by divernick93 »

I'm in! Happy to bring some chairs and whatever food/beverages are needed.
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Dang will be outta town. Hope it's a great time!
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I will be there, and bringing a "little buddy" along with me ... my girlfriend's son starts his OW class this upcoming week-end. I think it'd be a great way to introduce him to Sund Rock ... and a gaggle of really cool people ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
SashimiFencer
Frequent Bubbler

Post by SashimiFencer »

Excited to join NW Dive club and our first club dive. My husband, Doug, and I will be there. Since this will be our first event, we're not sure what to bring and how much food/drink, but can bring sides (sauerkraut, bean dip?)

Rosa
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Grateful Diver wrote:I will be there, and bringing a "little buddy" along with me ... my girlfriend's son starts his OW class this upcoming week-end. I think it'd be a great way to introduce him to Sund Rock ... and a gaggle of really cool people ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Yay! :joshsmith:
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

SashimiFencer wrote:Excited to join NW Dive club and our first club dive. My husband, Doug, and I will be there. Since this will be our first event, we're not sure what to bring and how much food/drink, but can bring sides (sauerkraut, bean dip?)

Rosa

Woohoo! A side or bean dip would be great! Don't go overboard, we seem to always have something left over.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Tangfish wrote:
Tom Nic wrote:Really want to make this, but arrival time would be afternoon. Don't know if that's a non-starter, or if I'd need to drive down and drop my gear off then park up top.
Early or late afternoon Tom? I'm thinking some people may come just for a morning dive or two and by the time you get there some may be or already have left. Anyway, I think we can make it work somehow someway and I'd love to see you!
Should be between 1 and 2 PM. Would love to see you and the gang as well!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
tykeal
Avid Diver

Post by tykeal »

I'm in. I've not dived the site and I'm still feeling relatively newbie even after 26 dives ;) I believe that makes me a 'Little Buddy'

I can bring a couple of camp chairs. I also have a Volcano grill that I can bring along if needs be. I've got a propane tank for it or if folks want it can use charcoal as well which I would need to pick up as it's not how I usually use it.

Would anyone be interested in sake? I've got a lot sitting in my cabinet :D
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

I like sake!

I have a small grill, Bob has one as well if he's willing to bring it, but an extra wouldn't hurt. Unless someone wants to bring Gdog's big grill. The smaller ones may be more convenient though.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Sake!!! Oh yes!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Ill bring these

**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Norris wrote:Ill bring these

Yay, I love Donnas! :joshsmith: