Keystone Friday Night 8/18

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
jmartel
Dive-aholic

Keystone Friday Night 8/18

Post by jmartel »

I'll be in Anacortes for work on Friday and I've got some new camera gear coming in this week so I'd like to take advantage and get a couple dives in at Keystone. Looks like tides are a small exchange (~2ft) between 3:47pm which I may be able to make and 8:25pm which I definitely will be able to make.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Keystone Friday Night 8/18

Post by YellowEye »

New camera?? :eek: :taco: :partydance: Very cool! What did you get?

During this time it is a 2 knot ebb. Keystone's best on a flood. I'd recommend divers going out at this time be pretty comfortable in current and stay on the inside of the split. It might be tough to take a new camera out in those conditions.

Please check a current table, not tide table. Not sure where you got your 8:25 number, it looks to be in the middle of ebb? At that time you'd need a night dive permit from the park. New cameras are also easier in the day :)
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
jmartel
Dive-aholic

Post by jmartel »

Apparently my times were off. Interesting. 4:30pm is high tide. Will try and make that one. Should theoretically be able to.

Not a new camera, just a new port so I can move away from macro stuff and do wide angle. Also have a new strobe coming in since I sold off the older one.

I know tides aren't the greatest predictor, but I believe I found the corrections somewhere before. Where are you getting your current predictors for? That being said, I've done the pilings in a 2-3 knot off-slack period. Good rollercoaster ride.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Fishnaller says use current table for admiralty head....here;

http://www.dairiki.org/tides/daily.php/adm

Corrections from admiralty head are ...
Minimum current before flood: -:31 minutes
Minimum current before ebb: +:01 minutes.