TITLOW LAST NIGHT

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
cardiver
I've Got Gills

TITLOW LAST NIGHT

Post by cardiver »

Bassman and I were the only ones who showed for a 10 pm dive at Titlow last night. Slack was supposed to be at 10 pm.........We never really had a slack tide during our entire 71 minute dive, but had a great time none the less. We had a very large ( at least it seemed large when it swam right in to my light) dog fish follow us around for a while and I was having some major mask malfunctions the entire dive.
I've posted a few pics from the dive but didn't get a chance to take many. It's tough when your mask is completely flooding every two minutes or so.

www.picasaweb.google.com/cardiver/titlow
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Lynne and I were at Titlow yesterday evening too. We splashed a bit past 5, and did a 67 minute dive. We also got buzzed by a dogfish ... and we found an octo and a wolfie out in the ledges.

Our dive was about as friendly as Titlow ever gets ... a mild south-flowing current when we got in, tapering off to nothing as the dive progressed. Vis was at least 20 feet ... toward the end of the dive when we were at the pilings we turned on our backs and looked up ... and I could see the sky and tops of the pilings. It was just lovely.

We capped it off with a nice, relaxing dinner at Steamers ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

How were the ledges, Bob? I decided not to go out there because of all the kelp . I didn't think we'd be able to see much with everything covered up.
Last edited by cardiver on Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

A wolfie on the ledges eh? Cool! Glad to hear of one there. See ya tonight bud! \:D/
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

cardiver wrote:How were the ledges, Bob? I decided not to go out there because of all the kelp . I didn't think we'd be able to see much with everything covered up.
The ledges are always more difficult to find when there's kelp ... because they're so small. But we managed to find quite a few of them easily enough. They're havens for life ... not just octos and wolfies, but several species of sculpins, nudibranchs, and crabs as well.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Yes, the ledges were great! I'd never been to that part of the site before -- We'd always just done the pilings and the girders on the sea floor around them. We were only six minutes into the dive last night when Bob found a HUGE octopus under a ledge, and only a few minutes later, the wolfie. About that time, we got a fly-by from a dogfish (maybe the same one that was there later?) When you add that to all the other fish species and nudibranchs we saw, it was a very good dive. Titlow has yet to disappoint me.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

Dove Titlow tonight, just as the sun was starting to go down. I had a short dive, (40 min) but to describe it...one word...

Beautiful.

No current at all. Visibility was at least 30 feet, if not more. We didn't see any big critters but just marveled at the kelp growing around us.

I have seen a lot of fish but the amount of fish at Titlow tonight was amazing.

All I can say is...beautiful. =D>
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Keith and I were talking about that last night. There wasn't a lot of "big" lifem but there was SO MUCH Life everywhere! My head was on a swivel for over an hour just trying to take everything in.
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...