ThThTh 9/28 DIW

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

ThThTh 9/28 DIW

Post by Gdog »

Ok crew, who's up for Day Island Wall this thursday? We MUST splash no later than 6:30 pm; unless you just want your butt kicked by the current gods. If you arent ready to splash at that time, you will be left on the shore. First of all...This is an Advanced Dive!!! This is a current dive, and a drift dive. It is out in the main channel below the narrows bridge. If you are not comfortable with this, then this is not the dive for you at this time. Bouyancy skills are a must. Navigation skills are a must. There is possible boat traffic overhead. So again, if this dive is beyond your skill level at this time, refrain until you are ready.
Now, having said all that, remember, parking is limited. So car pool if at all possible. Also know that divers outside our club will most likely be there.
Some of the residents are sensitive regarding the parking, and the noise. So try to keep our conversation low.
Meet at 6:00, splash at 6:30. If you have any questions regarding this dive, please feel free to message myself or any of the long time members.
Second dive at Fire Engine House #9 Pub in Tacoma.

Here is a link about this site

http://www.theperfectdive.com/DEF-Site.asp?sID=17
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: ThThTh 9/28 DIW

Post by Gdog »

Also, if you are concerned that you may not be ready for this dive, at the same exact time would be a fantastic time to dive Titlow beach, just right north of day island wall. Its a fantastic dive. If you want to his this site instead, message me and I will give you the lowdown on Titlow!
theonly_JT
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by theonly_JT »

Yes absolutely yes. I will be taking to day off work in fact. :calvin: :partydance:
"Whoa! Big ol' blue's one serious place, dude." - Crush the sea turtle
dlh
Submariner

Post by dlh »

I am planning to join the Day Island fun.
Dave
derekcs
Perma Narc'd

Post by derekcs »

Is that this week? Damn. I want to, but good God, I am so crazy busy. Don't think I can make it all the way out there.
All underwater photographs of mine are posted at http://www.dereksinger.com
@dereksingerphotography on Instagram
jmartel
Dive-aholic

Post by jmartel »

Work has gotten in the way, so unfortunately I'm out.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

One of my favorite local shore dives, the viz has been pretty good....and I have class on Thursdays! :(

Have fun!!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Penopolypants wrote:One of my favorite local shore dives, the viz has been pretty good....and I have class on Thursdays! :(

Have fun!!
OH we will... Just not as much as we would if you were there. I will wave to the wolfies for you!
tykeal
Avid Diver

Post by tykeal »

Hmm... given all the caveats that were just thrown on this I'm going to have to bow out. My buoyancy skills are still erratic and my nav isn't fully up to snuff yet.
I really want to do this dive, but I want to know I'm capable of being safe doing it first!
tykeal
Avid Diver

Post by tykeal »

I suppose I should add that doing Titlow is a great dive and would be open to joining anywhere there. I did my current check-out at that site so I'm familiar with it. If anyone else is interested in this because they aren't feeling up to it with DIW let me know!
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

Wish I wasn't working nights. I would take this Thursday off to join in but can't get away this week. :-({|=
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Tykeal, that is a great plan. Hopefully you can get someone to join you!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

I'll be there!

There's also going to be a noon-time ththth dive. 10x the current/hazards of DIW, but also 10x the marine life. Solo dive or find your own buddy. PM me if interested. No liability on my part (as with any of my dives)
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Can't make this one. Too far to travel in rush hour traffic after work to get there for a 6:30pm splash. Darn it!
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
McGlencoe
Dive-aholic

Post by McGlencoe »

Love DIW dives, but don't know if it is in the cards for me this week.
tykeal
Avid Diver

Post by tykeal »

Given I've not heard anyone else chiming in on the Titlow dive for folks not feeling up to DIW I'm going to have to call that off. Guess that meeting at church this evening I was trying to avoid gets me after all ;)
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Dang I'm sorry to hear that
Hoodsport_Diver
Compulsive Diver

Post by Hoodsport_Diver »

I'm out this week.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hoodsport_Diver