ThThTh 11/16 -- Redondo's been on FIRE!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: ThThTh 11/16 -- Redondo's been on FIRE!

Post by Gdog »

Grateful Diver wrote:Not surprising ... it was a pretty big ebb last night (about 12 feet) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Yeah Dave and Alex had a 5-10 minute dive, entered on the south of the boat ramp, and exited at the stairs by saltys!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Great seeing everybody there on Thursday. Nice snaps Bob!

Here were a few of my captures. I was surprised to see quite a few green penpoint gunnels out and about!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
DSC_2842.jpg
DSC_2885.jpg
DSC_2963.jpg
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Vjw
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Vjw »

Beautiful lumpy pictures - and the green penpoint gunnel with red behind it is way cool!
Hoodsport_Diver
Compulsive Diver

Post by Hoodsport_Diver »

Gdog wrote:
Grateful Diver wrote:Not surprising ... it was a pretty big ebb last night (about 12 feet) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Yeah Dave and Alex had a 5-10 minute dive, entered on the south of the boat ramp, and exited at the stairs by saltys!
A good reminder to all who dive Redondo - keep an eye on the tidal exchange. A big ebb can cause the 'Redondo River' to get flowing pretty well.

The Redondo River is our affectionate name for a tidal current that sweeps northward along shore at Redondo. It can make diving impractical and potentially unsafe.

Be careful out there...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hoodsport_Diver
Diverdave68
Avid Diver

Post by Diverdave68 »

We swam 200 yards to the south and traveled 100 yards North. Every dive I learn...