Earth Day Dive at Saltwater State Park 4.22.18

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
nwdivegirl
Just Settling In

Earth Day Dive at Saltwater State Park 4.22.18

Post by nwdivegirl »

Do you enjoy taking underwater photographs? Please consider joining fellow dive enthusiast for a dive on Sunday, April 22nd for Earth Day at Saltwater State Park. We plan to splash at approximately 9:30 AM. This is a fun activity designed to educate non-divers about the diversity of our underwater park. All you need to do is show up, gear-up and dive. Youth and Non-divers – come enjoy the activities top side!
Not a photographer but love to dive? Join us! Having a camera is not a requirement and photographers love to have critter-spotters. You can also bring a mesh bag and collect debris to help keep our waters clean.
After the dive, you will have an opportunity to work with photographer Bob Bailey to select up to 6 photos for the slide show that will be played for Earth Day park visitors throughout the day. You will be asked to sign a photo-release. This will allows the park to use your images however you will maintain full rights to your photos. If you have other photos from the day you’d like to share, above or below the water, you can also tag them on Facebook or Instagram using #SWSPEarthDay and possibly be featured in one of their posts.
A dive is a great start to any day and you will be finished in time to enjoy other activities top-side in the park as well as have time to make it to the Scuba & H2O Watersports Expo in Tacoma.
Hope to see you there!!
Attachments
SWSPEarthDay (2).png
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Re: Earth Day Dive at Saltwater State Park 4.22.18

Post by Grateful Diver »

There's a lot more going on than diving that day ... bring the family and enjoy a day at the park ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Isn't that the same weekend as the scuba show at the expo in Tacoma?
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Yes ... it's on that Sunday.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Looks fun! FYI: The signs say both Meet Up and Splash at 9:30 :)
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Meet up's at 8:30 ... but thanks, I'll let them know ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

nwdivegirl
Just Settling In

Post by nwdivegirl »

Thank you to everyone that helped get the word out about Earth Day at SWSP and to those that made it out to the park! Awesome turnout!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

... it was a pretty good turnout ...