Mike’s Beach Resort today

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
QM3Bass
Getting To Know Folks

Mike’s Beach Resort today

Post by QM3Bass »

My son and I are headed up to Mikes Beach Resort today to dive the canal for the first time. I hope there is someone around to show us where to start. We probably won’t make it too deep with our 7mm wetsuits and hooded vests. This is the test to see if we have to spend lots more money on gear. Ha ha.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Mike’s Beach Resort today

Post by YellowEye »

Hi
There are a lot of divers at sund rock today, we just came from there. I'm sure somebody would show you around. The viz wasn't great tho.

Probably Flagpole is a better site, if you're up for a deep one. It's a long swim but not much wind today.

Have fun!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
QM3Bass
Getting To Know Folks

Post by QM3Bass »

YellowEye wrote:Hi
There are a lot of divers at sund rock today, we just came from there. I'm sure somebody would show you around. The viz wasn't great tho.

Probably Flagpole is a better site, if you're up for a deep one. It's a long swim but not much wind today.

Have fun!
Ok, thank you.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Or check out octopus hole
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

And Jorsted Creek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

QM3Bass wrote:My son and I are headed up to Mikes Beach Resort today to dive the canal for the first time. I hope there is someone around to show us where to start. We probably won’t make it too deep with our 7mm wetsuits and hooded vests. This is the test to see if we have to spend lots more money on gear. Ha ha.
And while you're at it, don't forget to do a couple of dives right there at Mike's Beach. It's not pristine, but you'll find cool Hood Canal life to look at, and can have a great few dives just getting wet!

Enjoy, and let us know how it went!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Scubie Doo wrote:And Jorsted Creek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't I wish.... can't dive there anymore. <<extremely sad face>>
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
QM3Bass
Getting To Know Folks

Post by QM3Bass »

Tom Nic wrote:
QM3Bass wrote:My son and I are headed up to Mikes Beach Resort today to dive the canal for the first time. I hope there is someone around to show us where to start. We probably won’t make it too deep with our 7mm wetsuits and hooded vests. This is the test to see if we have to spend lots more money on gear. Ha ha.
And while you're at it, don't forget to do a couple of dives right there at Mike's Beach. It's not pristine, but you'll find cool Hood Canal life to look at, and can have a great few dives just getting wet!

Enjoy, and let us know how it went!
That was incredible! Considering our checkout dives were at Battleground Lake. We made two 80’ dives and saw lots of life. My son (with zero body fat) got a little cold. I did ok. We were in 7mm wetsuits with hooded vests.