Bainbridge island

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Jeff89
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Bainbridge island

Post by Jeff89 »

Ow diver hopefully aow soon looking to go to Bainbridge in late summer. Any thoughts on dive ops? TIA :pirate:
jmartel
Dive-aholic

Re: Bainbridge island

Post by jmartel »

BI resident here. You looking at doing a boat charter off the Island? Or the shore dives there?

For shore dives, you basically have 2 options: Rockaway Beach (Also known by some as Norrander's Reef), and Fort Ward. I haven't dove Fort Ward yet, but from what I've heard, there's not a ton. Rockaway has good days and bad days. When it's good, it's great. When it's not good, it's pretty boring.

For dive ops, the only place on the Island is Exotic Aquatics. Small shop, but nice people. They finally have a compressor on site, but they don't have banked air so you have to wait 20-30 min for a fill or come back another day to pick up tanks.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

There's also Fay Bainbridge state park on the north end of BI
And Agate Pass (which is doable as a "shore" dive but only if you really know what you are doing planning to go both ways on the current)
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Swimable(long surface swim) from rockaway is metridium
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

The wreck of the Boss is scooterable from the south shore of Blakely Harbor, probably best not to swim there.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Jeff89
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Jeff89 »

Thanks I'm just starting to plan a vacation to the sound somewhere. The wife is a non diver so trying to take her on vacation and squeeze in a couple of dives.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

If you are just on vacation and only have a few dive days I would suggest:
Rockaway, doable at any tide
Sund Rock in Hood Canal which is 60min drive and doable any day
Keystone on Whidbey, requires a ferry reservation and needs careful planning around currents