Diver Loses mind during Surface Interval!!!!!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Diver Loses mind during Surface Interval!!!!!

Post by Pez7378 »

Because his dive buddy called and stated he is "sick".

Had a great day planned. 100ft Rock, Keystone and Maybe Langley.

Anyone wanna dive around 2:00 ish? I think slack around here is 2:15.
With advanced notice I am willing to travel to the south end but it is not my "hood" so you'd have to show me around.

425-280-4634
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Do you ever see the kid without any friends standing at the edge of the baseball diamond watching the other kids play ball? There he is with his glove and a bat, just standing there wishing the others would invite him to play?

Thats gonna be me at some random dive site today. All geared up, just standing at the edge of the water wishing someone would ask me to be their buddy. :-({|= :crybaby:

Anyone? :dontknow:
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

Maybe now you'll be more inclined to show some love for the assist. See how important it is? :partyman:
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

You know what?! .......................Just just .....................GO BLOW YOUR NOSE!! :vom: :vom:
al NDOF
Avid Diver

Post by al NDOF »

We're doing Edmonds underwater park at 8:00 AM tomorrow.

you're welcome to join in.
al
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Sadly, tomorrow I have to work. If things work out I may be joining someone up north after work. Thank you for the invitation.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Pez7378 wrote:Do you ever see the kid without any friends standing at the edge of the baseball diamond watching the other kids play ball? There he is with his glove and a bat, just standing there wishing the others would invite him to play?

Thats gonna be me at some random dive site today. All geared up, just standing at the edge of the water wishing someone would ask me to be their buddy. :-({|= :crybaby:

Anyone? :dontknow:
I know the feeling! I've thought about going in Solo just to get wet,
but I have not been trained for that and
I enjoy diving with a buddy too much!

What are your best days of the week to go diving?
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

Alaska

Post by Diver_Dave »

Don't feel so alone I do about 4-500 solo dives a year after a while its great nobody to look after and there is no dust cloud to follow...Come on up here and dive w/me.....ahe??Image
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
Finding things under water....
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I periodically contemplate diving solo, when I can't find anybody who will go with me.

But to dive solo, I need redundancy, which means my doubles.

And I fall down in them a lot, and can't get up without help, which means a buddy.

Catch-22.

Hope you found somebody to dive with, Pez!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

LCF wrote:[...] And I fall down in them a lot, and can't get up without help [...]
Imagesorry; but that just conjured up some funny visions. perhaps life alert should think about adding a new product to their line for solo divers. :evil4:

i can't even imagine what it'd be like trying to walk around with doubles on my back; i can hardly get up off a bench without help with a single HP80!
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I couldn't get out of the pool with an AL63 when I took my open water class.

It's like the guy who started lifting the calf when it was little. You just keep adding more weight . . . Small tanks become big tanks and bigger tanks, and then double tanks . . .
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

I thought I responded to this already but I was mistaken.

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. Sadly, the nasty virus Joe got managed to find its way into my system. Figures, I take him and Debbie out to dinner, and they get me sick!

Been working on creating a hostile living environment for the little bugger. A week later Im just starting to feel better but my Nitrogen levels are extremely low. On a more positive note, hes been calling me daily asking me if I want to dive! Turnabouts fair play! I guess he's feeling better. Please EVERYONE, If Joe calls you, tell him your busy! hahahaha
ReefBecca
Getting To Know Folks

Post by ReefBecca »

I am very new to scuba (compared to, well, anyone lol). In response to diver_dave.. is it safe to dive alone? I guess i figured I'd always be with someone (the thought never occured to me to go solo).
Don't knock it til you dive it.
ReefBecca
Getting To Know Folks

Post by ReefBecca »

.....Is it safe to dive alone as long as you don't carry equip that you literally can't get around with solo, that is?
Don't knock it til you dive it.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Solo diving is something you can explore once you have LOTS of experience and training. It is certainly not something to be taken lightly or by an inexperienced person as the skill and equipment management is very advanced.

Dive with lots of folks - diving with a friend is SO much more fun anyway! :partyman:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Another thing to considder ...Diver Dave, dives professionally and he makes a living at it.
Different from recreational diving.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

ReefBecca wrote:I am very new to scuba (compared to, well, anyone lol). In response to diver_dave.. is it safe to dive alone? I guess i figured I'd always be with someone (the thought never occured to me to go solo).
Don't even think about it for a while- and it's not for everyone. But, yeah, solo diving happens. You need a lot of experience, and redundant equipment, such as doubles or a decent size pony/ bailout bottle.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

[
Don't even think about it for a while- and it's not for everyone. But, yeah, solo diving happens. You need a lot of experience, and redundant equipment, such as doubles or a decent size pony/ bailout bottle.[/quote]

Ditto to Nailer. I had over 150 dives before I started working on the skills needed and getting the equipment. Then practice, practice and more practice. Everything from dumping my gear and doing a ESA with just my pony to the lowly mask removal. At least 1/2 of my dives are solo but that is because I have no regular buddy. My choice is to dive with a buddy but I do enjoy diving solo. It is not for the faint at heart. I have had many scares diving solo.
Charles
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

Post by Diver_Dave »

[quote="Sounder"]Solo diving is something you can explore once you have LOTS of experience and training. It is certainly not something to be taken lightly or by an inexperienced person as the skill and equipment management is very advanced.

I totally agree with Sounder. I also enjoy solo diving tho and don't plan to give it up any time soon. This is a subject that each diver has a different opinion to. But in general I think we can all agree that solo diving is not for someone that doesn't have experience. So unless you know what you are doing and have many dives under your belt, don't go diving alone.

Oh and one other thing. I may be solo diving but I always leave a dive plan with someone on the surface. If I don't come home at least they know where to look for my bubbles.
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
Finding things under water....