Edmonds 6/22?

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Dowland
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Edmonds 6/22?

Post by Dowland »

Hi,
Sorry for the short notice request, but would anyone be interested in diving Edmonds tomorrow for the morning high slack? I don't have a buddy and haven't dived in the northwest before, just 25 Florida dives in my logbook so far. Would 6am be a good show time for this dive?

Cheers
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: Edmonds 6/22?

Post by Nwbrewer »

I can't make it tomorrow unfortunately, but yes, 6:00am splash tomorrow looks like a good time to dive EUP from a tide perspective.

Good luck, hopefully someone is able to make it out with you.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Post by Sharkb8 »

High slack tomorrow looks like it’s just after 8 am, so 6 am would work quite well. If you felt like sleeping in you could show up a little later also and still be fine. Usually with Edmonds I do one long dive right around high tide, and then we just deal with a little reduced viz and a small amount of water movement (hardly noticeable unless the exchange is huge) on the second if we feel like another tank. Sometimes when the vis has been consistently good we don’t even bother with the timing and show up whenever. Just be aware that later in the afternoon tomorrow the surface swim to the jetty will be more of a walk/wade at low tide. Have fun!
Party underwater
Dowland
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Dowland »

Sounds like I might be out of luck for tomorrow, but I think I'll hop the first ferry tomorrow and camp out just in case. If I see some divers, I'll ask if I can partner up. Thanks for the advice!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Hi!
Welcome to the club! Hope you got out!

It's a tough couple weeks to get out diving with these tides and bad viz. I for one opted out of diving today.

I assume you're diving wet and got a suit and weight recommendation from a local dive shop?

You may want to consider a drysuit class. Way more comfortable for diving around here. They will set you up, recommend weights, and take you out diving with someone with experience for tending a first coldwater dive. Makes it easier for your next buddy.

Hope you enjoy and hope to see you at a beach soon!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Dowland
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Dowland »

I ended up getting out there in my o'Neill 7/12 J-type. I found some folks who were happy to partner with me, but they were able to move at the speed of light on the surface swim and I couldn't keep up without overexerting, so I called out to them to say thanks for letting me try and turned around.

The suit seemed super comfortable temp wise, though I know its colder on the bottom. Private dry suit class scheduled for Tuesday, so I know I'll be able to go at my own pace with the instructor. The dive community here seems super friendly, and I'm looking forward to the eerie depths of the PNW. :)