Deception Pass

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
SEAriously
Avid Diver

Deception Pass

Post by SEAriously »

I was thinking about perhaps doing a dive at or around Deception Pass September 9, 10 or 11. This would be our first time diving there, and I was wondering if you had any suggestions for first timers. We know it can be a challenging spot!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Deception Pass

Post by YellowEye »

For the first time I suggest going there with somebody familiar with the site and your skill level. I might also suggest going there in the spring when the tides are weaker. Definitely scratch the nineth.

Hope to meet you at a dive site soon!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
SEAriously
Avid Diver

Post by SEAriously »

Thanks for the reply and good advice, as always! No one had replied yet, so I was beginning to think I had asked a silly question. It’s my husbands birthday on the 10th, so I’ve been trying to find a special dive to do. Thought perhaps Deception Pass, but sounds like that’s a no-go this time of year.

Definitely would like to make a plan to go there in the spring with someone familiar with the site... (nudge nudge)
Also hoping to make it out to a ThThTh dive in the near future. But not this week, because ya know... birthday. :)
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

I suggest if you're going to do deception pass to find somebody to take you there...
if you're going to post here on the dive forum and would like somebody here from the forum to help you then I would have post your experience number of dives and what you have for skill level..
For diving at deception pass I suggest that you have a lot of experience in heavy current drift diving and being separated from your partner also the ability more geared toward solo diving...
Be comfortable in getting your self outta current situation..
Once you've listed all of that then someone can chime in here and help you...
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
SEAriously
Avid Diver

Post by SEAriously »

Hey man!
Yes, after PMing some people on this site. We've decided DP is probably not the dive for us right now. Maybe sometime in the future.
Honudavis
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Honudavis »

I agree. I waited to go with someone knowledgeable. The current is strong and it pulls you. I was super nervous my first time and I am pretty experienced diver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Enjoy and savior all moments in life, above and below the water :). Kelly Davis Real Estate Broker
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

all right will never hesitate to ask here on the board we have plenty of experience scuba divers who are willing to help and show you our Puget sound waters...
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen