Mukilteo Dive Site Construction

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
markmwilson
Getting To Know Folks

Mukilteo Dive Site Construction

Post by markmwilson »

I've been talking to WSDOT about the construction activity at the old ferry dock. Their recommendation is that divers use a dive flag when diving while the marine equipment is there. The groups I've diving with have been attaching one to the line at 20fsw when we start our dive.
I received the following from them today:
Hi Mark,

In our marine construction meeting today I brought up your dive club again. I am going to send this information to the City of Mukilteo to share with all divers in the area. I hope it’s helpful.

Our marine contractor is asking all divers in Mukilteo to reach out to Kellie Rider, from Manson, at 206-516-9576 before they plan to dive so we can alert construction crews. She’s asking all divers to stay 200-feet from marine equipment.

Crews are under a very tight deadline to remove all the marine structures before the fish window closes on Feb. 15.

The city has approved these extended marine work hours until March 1, 2021:
• Monday - Friday from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Feb. 6, 13, 14 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Feb. 15 (Presidents Day)from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Re: Mukilteo Dive Site Construction

Post by H20doctor »

Thanks for the info The other option is to do dives after 7:00 p.m....
Kind of bummed they pulled out the ferry dolphins and pilings..
But on the other hand now we have more area open for diving going south..
I've been over there several times throughout the years but there's really nothing heading toward the point other than gravel and a sandy Slope
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen