Yellowstone Diving

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
60south
Pelagic

Yellowstone Diving

Post by 60south »

Hi all,

I found this, a group out of Idaho Springs doing a dive a Yellowstone later this summer, 24 July (Facebook Link):
https://fb.me/e/Np3MlZi0

Yellowstone has been on my bucket list for a long time, although from the sound of it they're only planning on one dive (a long way to go for a single dive). If a group of us were to go together perhaps we could arrange additional diving.

Anyway, I'm just throwing this 'out there' to see if anything surfaces. I already made camping reservations in Yellowstone just in case. :-)

glenn
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Yellowstone Diving

Post by YellowEye »

Hi!
I don't do freshwater, but I'm sure you'll get some takers.

I believe David Bennet (diverdave68) and Daniel Geldof went there and loved it if you have questions.

Happy Friday!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Diverdave68
Avid Diver

Post by Diverdave68 »

In fact I've dove Yellowstone 2 times. Water was cold, 38 degrees. Lake Yellowstone is at apx 7800 feet. Like most lakes there isn't much to see. BUT there are some amazing underwater geological features. If you know were to find them. We used nitrox 36% with a 50% deco bottle. (I'll use 100% next time). Max depth was about 70 ffw. Nearest chamber is in Denver. Dive permit, dive flag, and dive buddy are required. We spent about 20 minutes taking pictures with 2 bus loads of Asian tourists. They were amazed that we were diving there.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Diverdave68 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:27 am.We spent about 20 minutes taking pictures with 2 bus loads of Asian tourists. They were amazed that we were diving there.
:rofl: :rofl:
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

You should have charged $5 per pic 💰💸💲💲💲🤣
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Diverdave68
Avid Diver

Post by Diverdave68 »

Having a YNP stamp in my dive log felt a bit EPIC.