New Dive Boat!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
KeithBoll
Compulsive Diver

New Dive Boat!

Post by KeithBoll »

Hi!
A few years ago - I dove regularly with Deep Diver (Dale) on a fabulous 15 foot pontoon boat - perfect for diving!
Now - it's my turn to provide the dive boat! I used to have a 27 foot cuddy - but found that too big to trailer to different places (usually just had it moored.)

Now - I have ordered a North River 24 foot Seahawk Hard Top boat for diving (and fishing).
I am looking for a couple of dive buddies to dive with in the Hood Canal area. Some dives will also be in South/Central Puget Sound. I know the Hood Canal dive sites very well: Pulalli Point, Flagpole (my favorite); Elephant Wall; Rosie's Ravine; Pinnacle and more.
These will be weekend (Saturday or Sunday) one day dive trips. One to two passengers at a time. I'm hoping to find one or two folks that would like to join me on a regular basis. I'm an experienced diver - and I love to take time on dives and take pictures.

Feel free to message me if you are interested!
Thanks, Keith
Attachments
Side View.jpg
Rear Side View.jpg
Bow with Windlass.jpg
Diverdave68
Avid Diver

Re: New Dive Boat!

Post by Diverdave68 »

A guy with a dive boat will get about as much attention as an attractive woman asking people to put sun tan lotion on her back.
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Keith,

Just sent you a DM. Look forward to connecting.

Jesse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Wow! That is amazing! Looks gorgeous.

I'll send you a DM as well.

Tom
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Soooo pretty!!!! Can't wait to try it out!!! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Soooo pretty!!!! Can't wait to try it out!!! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
bris
Just Settling In

Post by bris »

Looks nice!

What electronics are you putting on it? They sure make some fancy sonar/nav units now.

I recently acquired a boat for diving. A 22 ft Osprey. Maybe we can do boat dive swaps. I most likely will have my boat in the south sound and eventually further north like the San Juans and Neah Bay.
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

Wow, that's nice!

I'm up in Port Townsend and would love to team up sometime.

Glenn
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Any plans for Seiku ? or Neah Bay .... send me a PM
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Wow. That is really nice
KeithBoll
Compulsive Diver

Post by KeithBoll »

Thanks, all, for your interest!
I'll keep each of you that responded up to date on progress as the boat goes "live".

For electronics - the boat will have Garmin FANTOM 18 Radar, my main chart plotter is a Garmin 8610SXV with a GT-51 Transducer.
I am also getting the Garmin auto-pilot setup.
I am looking forward to using the side-scan and other features to better scan out Hood Canal dive sites - and to explore potential new spots.

Thanks,
Keith
Honudavis
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Honudavis »

Congrats buddy!

Hi folks, those wanting to jump on anyone’s boat, please take this with a grain of salt coming from a boat owner myself and whom dives off my own boat too. If you commit to diving with that person on a particular day don’t back out at the last minute. A lot of work goes into prepping the boat to go out and if they need a total of three people to go and you back out for a lame reason then it could screw the outing. Owning and running a boat is a lot of work and labor of love for the person running it. Otherwise have lots of fun!! Diving off a personal boat opens up lots of different dives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Enjoy and savior all moments in life, above and below the water :). Kelly Davis Real Estate Broker