ThThTh 11/18

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

ThThTh 11/18

Post by YellowEye »

Who's up for diving this Thursday? 6-6:30meet at the 'Dond. Last week was great with stubby squid, horned shrimp, grunt sculpin, bay pipefish, lots of gunnels and shrimp, quite a few nudies, a big squid hovering around an egg mass, plenty of small lumpies, and lots of tiny octos! There'll be a big ebb so there could be some current. Elizabeth posted a viz report for today on pnwdiving.com ...15-20 feet. Hope to see you! For those that missed it last week, I'll have more pnwdiving.com stickers!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ktuli
Avid Diver

Re: ThThTh 11/18

Post by ktuli »

I'm like 90% positive I'll be there. I definitely prefer to buddy up, so hopefully someone doesn't mind that as well.

Will
ktuli
Avid Diver

Post by ktuli »

oh - and please save me a sticker or three... :)
ktuli
Avid Diver

Post by ktuli »

Is it even going to be diveable tonight at that time? Looking at the tide chart, it looks like we'll be in the middle of a 11+ foot exchange. Tonight is a full moon plus lunar eclipse... I'm just trying to learn the dive planning aspect for this area.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Hi. Redondo is not a super current sensitive site, but yes, when there's a big ebb like this sometimes you can get an effect there known as the Redondo River. It generally flows strongest right in front of the pier as a downwelling. Most often it occurs at the beginning or end of the ebb. Usually it is short lived and you can wait it out. Sometimes, especially by the pipe it can be quite strong. Be prepared to hold on and claw your way up if you need to. Run a more conservative gas management profile. If you're not comfortable in current, you may want to skip tonight.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
derekcs
Perma Narc'd

Post by derekcs »

Out. Need to catch up on work.
All underwater photographs of mine are posted at http://www.dereksinger.com
@dereksingerphotography on Instagram
ktuli
Avid Diver

Post by ktuli »

I think I'm out too. I called Lighthouse Dive Center and it sounds like they might let me swap out my drysuit for a larger size that might be a bit more comfortable, so I am going to run up to Lynnwood and talk with them tonight. Might also see if I can find a place to go get my vax booster.