Shore Diving sites on Orcas Island or Shaw Island

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
60south
Pelagic

Shore Diving sites on Orcas Island or Shaw Island

Post by 60south »

¡Hola amigos!

I will be on Shaw Island for a few days next month and would like to get a few dives in. Shore access is ... limited... Same goes for nearby Orcas Island.

Do you know of any good dive sites on either island that we might access? We have scooters, if it helps.

glenn
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Shore Diving sites on Orcas Island or Shaw Island

Post by YellowEye »

One good Shaw dive is Broken Point. I've been curious to know if it is doable with scooters, you may want to check that out!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
60south
Pelagic

Re: Shore Diving sites on Orcas Island or Shaw Island

Post by 60south »

YellowEye wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:41 am One good Shaw dive is Broken Point. I've been curious to know if it is doable with scooters, you may want to check that out!
Broken Point looks like a great area. If we could get to a nearby beach I think scootering would be very doable, but the nearest beach is the small isthmus leading out to Broken Point, and everything along there appears to be private property (even the road).

We've done Hoffman Cove a couple of times, it's worth a visit -- although the beach access has a small cliff, which can be challenging. Indian Cove is boring but I'm wondering if we can scooter to Canoe Island.