Diving in Norway?

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
60south
Pelagic

Diving in Norway?

Post by 60south »

Hey hi.

I've been looking for some out-of-the way diving trips to keep me excited, especially the Arctic, Greenland, or perhaps Norway.

I seem to be settling on Norway because it has a lot to see, hiking, diving, and I can go somewhat independently. Probably late next spring.

Have you dove there? Or been along the NW coast, say the Bodo area or Lofoten islands? Ideas and suggestions? I may also post over on ScubaBoard and maybe reddit, but thought I'd start local. :)

Glenn
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Diving in Norway?

Post by YellowEye »

Sounds fun! Jesse just got back from Norway, he may have something to say
Scubie Doo wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:34 pm Paging Scubie Doo
I've been on a six day hike over there, let me know if you want info on that. It's best in the summer.

This dive resort looks cool but I haven't been there... https://www.gulendiveresort.com/

-Eric 🇸🇯
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Glenn,

Just got back from Skjervoy diving with Orca, Humpbacks, and some macro critters. https://www.jessemillerphotography.com/ ... rway-2022/

If you want to see and dove with orca then November is the time to go. However, it’s a challenging trip due to lack of sunlight, cold weather, rough seas. But the orca are there in large numbers and it’s amazing.

If you’re looking for spring/summer, you should look into Iceland. I only stayed there one night. But the people I traveled with hiked and dove there, saying it was amazing!

Finally, if you’re looking for northern lights both Norway and Iceland have you covered.

DM me if you want any additional details.

Thanks
Jesse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

Hi Jesse, thanks for the reply.

Already been diving and hiking in Iceland, loved it!

Looked at doing the Orca trips but kind of opted for sometime with more daylight, for now. And I want to dive, not just snorkel.

Cheers,

glenn
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Dave Sutton has been putting on some yearly Antartica Dives. I dont recall if allow OC, or RB only.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

Jeff Pack wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:11 pm Dave Sutton has been putting on some yearly Antartica Dives. I dont recall if allow OC, or RB only.
I saw he had some trips going in past years but haven't heard anything lately. Kinda disappeared from my FB feed.

Since I've always wanted to go to Norway, I've gone ahead and planned a trip for August this coming year, diving above the Arctic Circle:
  • Diving and hiking the Lofoten Islands, 17-22 Aug.
  • Diving in Bodo? 23-24 Aug

I already have the plane tix, hotel reservations, and rental car. Not yet scheduled the diving.

If anyone independent and adventurous wants to join me for all or part of the trip, PM me for the deets. Would love to have some travel companions!