7/16 3 dive boat trip $85

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Diver_C
Amphibian

7/16 3 dive boat trip $85

Post by Diver_C »

Tealwater Charters has spots available for a three dive trip for $85. It leaves out of Des Moines at 8:00 a.m.. The three dives will be Blkly Rock, BH Wrcks, and Blake Isl. It's a fast and nice boat (converted from a game fish boat). It is not a large boat so space is limited (either four or five spots available). It does not have air, so have to bring cylinders for all the dives. Need to let the owner/captain, Micahel, know asap, so speak up if you want to go.

Rich
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

](*,)

Man, can't any charter be done in the afternoon?!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Amen! I second the afternoon motion!!!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

8 AM pretty much IS afternoon!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Nailer99 wrote:8 AM pretty much IS afternoon!
No, 8am is late-night. You should go Nailer. I'd like to dive on Sunday, but if you haven't been boat diving yet then you should give it a try!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Yeah, I'd like to, but I can't. I have to make up for not working tomorrow. Side job's almost done. I can't wait to have my weekends back. I have done a couple boat dives for my AOW in Hood Canal- they were a blast, and I will be doing more soon!

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

I just wrote the Owner asking about the possibilities of a later start time. I suspect part of the depart time is dictated by tides. The first dive I took with Tealwater was a three-diver, but we started at 2:00. When I initially wrote him, he said there were six slots available, which means it is an empty boat. He needs a minimum of four people to go out. RSDancey cannot go out, so at this point I am by myself.

The Owner is a nice guy. He does enjoy using the full power his off-shore fish boat has to offer. It is a smooth ride, however. As soon as we leave the pier, it will be time to get ready for diving. Regardless of where it is, he doesn't putter. He, also likes to provide good service.

I don't think I have done any of these particular dives.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

I've done most of them, and with Teal. They are a great outfit. If you can get the other divers you'll have a great time! :supz:
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Michael, the Owner, is willing to start later, but probably would have to change dive sites around to accommodate Mother Nature. But then again, there is something nice about getting diving done, and still having the afternoon...
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Yeah, sorry I can't do this one, but please let us know about future trips- I'm excited to get some more boat dives in!

Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

What date are we talking about here?! did you already go?
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Yeah.....check out the topic header, there, chief- it was for yesterday.

Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Nailer99 wrote:Yeah.....check out the topic header, there, chief- it was for yesterday.
I can see that you smart aleck, but I was wondering if the date got moved due to the fact that the dive op said he'd be willing to do an afternoon at some point and Diver_C was asking if anyone was interested. :angryfire:
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Calvin Tang wrote:
Nailer99 wrote:Yeah.....check out the topic header, there, chief- it was for yesterday.
I can see that you smart aleck, but I was wondering if the date got moved due to the fact that the dive op said he'd be willing to do an afternoon at some point and Diver_C was asking if anyone was interested. :angryfire:
you boys play nice now or ill send you to your room for a week with no diving for both of you for a month .

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I would still find a way to dive, Sparky... even locked in my bedroom.

You can disregard any nasty exchanges you read between Nailer and I, we are just trying to re-establish our manliness after he tried to hold my hand at Cove 2 the other day, while diving.

:toimonster: :vom:
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Yeah. You see that game yesterday? Helluva game, helluva game.....

Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

No, Michael did not take out his charter this past Sunday because neither he, nor I could find at least four people willing to go out. Sigh...

Teal Water Charters needs only a minimum of four divers to go, for future information. He can fit up to eight (it might be seven), but six is probably ideal. Time and tides willing, he will go out just about any time.