President's Day weekend club dive?

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

I'm in, provided that my aches and bruises from snowboarding this past weekend are manageable by then. #-o
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
BUZO71
Aquaphile

Post by BUZO71 »

I think I'm gonna be able to make it.... Where is EUP????? ](*,)
Fortes fortuna iuvat
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

BUZO71 wrote:I think I'm gonna be able to make it.... Where is EUP????? ](*,)
Here it is! Or directions anyway.

http://pnwscuba.com/directions.htm#edmonds

What's the meet time? I'm okay with early, but I don't want to drag anyone else out of bed at the buttcrack of dawn if they're not going to be a functioning diver then.

:bootyshake:

Here's the scenario if we do two dives: To catch slack before a really yucky ebb, we'd need to be in the water by 10:30-ish for the second dive, assuming slack is at 11:11 a.m. With an hour surface interval we'd need to be out of the water for the first dive at 9:30, so we'd need to be IN the water for the first dive at 8-ish. (I don't know about y'all, but I can do a very long dive at EUP).

Or we can plan on doing one dive and meet pretty much whenever in the morning, again as long as we're in the water by 10:30 or so.
al NDOF
Avid Diver

Post by al NDOF »

i'm planning on a 8:00 am splash at EUP.

I suck air but I'll be diving HP130s & should be able to do 75 minutes =D>
If you're not havin fun, you're doin somthin wrong
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Penopolypants wrote:
BUZO71 wrote:I think I'm gonna be able to make it.... Where is EUP????? ](*,)
Here it is! Or directions anyway.

http://pnwscuba.com/directions.htm#edmonds

What's the meet time? I'm okay with early, but I don't want to drag anyone else out of bed at the buttcrack of dawn if they're not going to be a functioning diver then.

Here's the scenario if we do two dives: To catch slack before a really yucky ebb, we'd need to be in the water by 10:30-ish for the second dive, assuming slack is at 11:11 a.m. With an hour surface interval we'd need to be out of the water for the first dive at 9:30, so we'd need to be IN the water for the first dive at 8-ish. (I don't know about y'all, but I can do a very long dive at EUP).

Or we can plan on doing one dive and meet pretty much whenever in the morning, again as long as we're in the water by 10:30 or so.
Cool with me! So what time do we meet for breakfast?
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Penopolypants wrote:I'm in, provided that my aches and bruises from snowboarding this past weekend are manageable by then. #-o
So I gather you are not as good at snowboarding as you are at diving? I mean, Aches mean you ride hard \:D/ , Bruises mean you crash hard #-o .
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Pez7378 wrote:
Penopolypants wrote:I'm in, provided that my aches and bruises from snowboarding this past weekend are manageable by then. #-o
So I gather you are not as good at snowboarding as you are at diving? I mean, Aches mean you ride hard \:D/ , Bruises mean you crash hard #-o .
Aches mean I crashed hard, many, many times.

Bruises mean some kid on skis crashed hard. Into me. #-o

You splashing by 8 too? Whee!
al NDOF
Avid Diver

Post by al NDOF »

Got to cancel; wife reminded me of prior commitment, damn. :violent1:
maybe next time.
If you're not havin fun, you're doin somthin wrong
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

No worries Al, there is always another time to dive, but the ONLY time to please the wife/girlfriend is NOW! Or any other time you want to plan something. I mean, how do we really know they are reminding us of something we forgot? If we can't remember in the first place, maybe they wait for us to make plans, and then "remind" us of something they want to do. I mean, how can they possibly keep that much information in their head? #-o Well, anyway enjoy your prior engagement and feel free to live vicariously through our trip report. =D>
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Pez7378 wrote:No worries Al, there is always another time to dive, but the ONLY time to please the wife/girlfriend is NOW! Or any other time you want to plan something. I mean, how do we really know they are reminding us of something we forgot? If we can't remember in the first place, maybe they wait for us to make plans, and then "remind" us of something they want to do. I mean, how can they possibly keep that much information in their head? #-o Well, anyway enjoy your prior engagement and feel free to live vicariously through our trip report. =D>
Dude, are you trying to score brownie points with your girl? Planning on leaving that up on the screen so she sees it when she walks by? \:D/

That's actually really sweet btw.

Al, I'm sorry you can't make it. I was looking forward to putting a face with a name. Next time?

So, I'm planning to splashing at 8. Hopefully with someone, because solo diving isn't allowed at EUP. :)

I drive a blue subaru outback sport, and my dry suit has lime green accents that you can't miss.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

***shudder***

In the water by 8:00? On a Saturday? Are you out of your damn mind? Ok, I'll be there. :partyman: Diving, skiing, golf, and music are the ONLY things I'd get up that early for on a day off. And the music better pay well, or I'm staying asleep.

Depending on our surface interval, I may run down to UWS and refill my tank. Or I might mooch a tank off one of you. Or I might go to the bar and pre-fill everyone's glasses. :occasion5:

Think I'll probably just eat some cereal and a banana in the dark before heading out, and save my serious eating for after the dive(s).

Yay! I'm excited... =D> =D> :bounce: :bounce:
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

scottsax wrote:***shudder***

In the water by 8:00? On a Saturday? Are you out of your damn mind? Ok, I'll be there. :partyman: Diving, skiing, golf, and music are the ONLY things I'd get up that early for on a day off. And the music better pay well, or I'm staying asleep.

Depending on our surface interval, I may run down to UWS and refill my tank. Or I might mooch a tank off one of you. Or I might go to the bar and pre-fill everyone's glasses. :occasion5:

Think I'll probably just eat some cereal and a banana in the dark before heading out, and save my serious eating for after the dive(s).

Yay! I'm excited... =D> =D> :bounce: :bounce:
Nothing like the brisk waters of the Puget Sound to get that blood flowing in the morning! :bounce:

I think there are several other groups planning on diving that morning, so getting there early means parking for all.

I'll have an extra tank ready if you need it or not. You'll probably need a few extra pounds to offset the weigh difference between tanks.

For everyone else, if 8 a.m. is too early, come for the second dive!

Where's a good place around there to eat afterwards? I usually hit the Indain buffet, but I know not everyone likes Indian food. Is there a good pub-type place in edmonds?
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Penopolypants wrote:Nothing like the brisk waters of the Puget Sound to get that blood flowing in the morning! :bounce:
Um, sure...
Penopolypants wrote:I'll have an extra tank ready if you need it or not. You'll probably need a few extra pounds to offset the weigh difference between tanks.
This is my first dive with the new tank, so I'll probably be shedding weight already. Note to self: perform basic buoyancy check CLOSE TO SHORE this time!
Penopolypants wrote:Where's a good place around there to eat afterwards? I usually hit the Indain buffet, but I know not everyone likes Indian food. Is there a good pub-type place in edmonds?
Indian's good, but there's pretty good pub a block past the Indian buffet. They've got fish and chips, lots of beer on tap, a full bar, and a fireplace inside!

Sweet. Just sweet...
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

mancub
Dive-aholic

Post by mancub »

I haven't heard back from my usual dive buddy, but maybe I, if not the both of us, will show up at EUW on Saturday ...in time for an 8am first dive, ouch. It is time to start meeting some fellow NW divers.

I drive a white ranger, and will know closer to the weekend if I can for sure make it.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

None of my regular buddies will be joining, apparently the call of the mountains is stronger than the call of the ocean. :-({|= I'll be driving a flexcar of one sort or another...probably a Scion mini-SUV.

Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

I'll be there bright and early. See you guys then. So how many people are showing up?

Penelope
Scott
Mancub?
Me

Is that all?? Sheesh! Maybe we should schedule it on a weekend when people aren't working........er uh.......... #-o See, Joe's right I need help.

Oh well :bounce: LETS GO DIVING! \:D/
Josh
Just Settling In

Post by Josh »

In the water by 8:00? On a Saturday? Are you out of your damn mind? Ok, I'll be there. Diving, skiing, golf, and music are the ONLY things I'd get up that early for on a day off. And the music better pay well, or I'm staying asleep.
Haha right there w/ ya. Diving, Snowboarding, Wakeboarding, Golf, paintballing... Those are pretty much the only things I'll wake up early for on the weekends :supz:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Penopolypants wrote:
Pez7378 wrote:No worries Al, there is always another time to dive, but the ONLY time to please the wife/girlfriend is NOW! Or any other time you want to plan something. I mean, how do we really know they are reminding us of something we forgot? If we can't remember in the first place, maybe they wait for us to make plans, and then "remind" us of something they want to do. I mean, how can they possibly keep that much information in their head? #-o Well, anyway enjoy your prior engagement and feel free to live vicariously through our trip report. =D>
Dude, are you trying to score brownie points with your girl? Planning on leaving that up on the screen so she sees it when she walks by? \:D/

"That's actually really sweet btw?!"
HA!! He was totally taking a SHOT at girlfriends, spouses, SO's, etc!!! :supz:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

This could just be the coffee talking, but I'M SO FRICKING EXCITED to dive this weekend! :bounce: Having a hard time concentrating at work. (Insert Bill Shatner voice) Must...turn...off...NWDC board it's...too distracting! (exit Bill Shatner voice)

mancub
Dive-aholic

Post by mancub »

Okay, I just spoke with my dive buddy and both of us are go for Saturday the 16th, 8am! at B-Hut (Bruce Higgins Underwater Trails...aka EUW). I have been known to sleep through multiple alarm clocks, but will have my roommate throw water on me or something. My buddy's dad might join us too.

Looking forward to some diving with you all.
-Jacob
H20doctor

Post by H20doctor »

I am game ... and I am good for 2 tanks... Dam 8am is early
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Sounder wrote:
Penopolypants wrote:

Ssssshhhhhhhhh!!! :evil4: Uh.......No I Wasn't.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Pez7378 wrote:
Sounder wrote:
Penopolypants wrote:

Ssssshhhhhhhhh!!! :evil4: Uh.......No I Wasn't.
You weren't exactly hiding it! #-o Well, I agree with Penelopy... you are rather "sweet." :vom: :bootyshake:
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Sounder, are you gonna join us on Saturday?
:bounce:

Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

scottsax wrote:Sounder, are you gonna join us on Saturday?
:bounce:

In the water at 8am?! :vom: I doubt I'll make it - I've got my Dad's birthday on Saturday so I'll be doing family stuff most of the day.

Plus, with Bonaire on the horizon (11 DAYS!!! :bounce: \:D/ ) it's better politics for me to skip Saturday (especially seeing that I'm spending all of Friday diving)... because I'm so sweet. :bootyshake: