President's Day weekend club dive?

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
scottsax
I've Got Gills

President's Day weekend club dive?

Post by scottsax »

I tried to hijack the other club dive thread, so to be polite I'll start my own thread. I have some new gear-a new tank and dry gloves, and I'm itching to try them out. Weekends work best for me, and since most people have a 3 day weekend coming up for President's Day, anyone want to try to make a club dive at Cove 2, EUWP or Mukilteo? As I said earlier, those are the places I've been before, and I want to test my gear in familiar surroundings. Also, it's far enough in advance that I can plan my transportation needs appropriately, and make sure my schedule's clear.

Feel free to reply, PM, call, or whatever suits your fancy.

-Scott

:salute:
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

I don't have a three day weekend, and I'm busy Sunday, but I could be persuade to do a dive or two at EUP on Saturday morning.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

OK! Let's make it EUWP on Saturday, February 16th then. Anybody with a current table want to suggest a time?

I'm in, and I'm trying to recruit some non-NWDC buddies as well. Anyone else?
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Morning would be best. There's a very flat exchange in the morning, and a long, big ebb in the afternoon.

Depending on weather, I'm going to be there that morning with a friend, helping him with a project.

Edmonds is not a lot of fun if it's real windy, because the waves pick up the bottom material and render the viz in the shallows (which is much of Edmonds) pretty awful.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

LCF wrote:Morning would be best. There's a very flat exchange in the morning, and a long, big ebb in the afternoon.

Depending on weather, I'm going to be there that morning with a friend, helping him with a project.

Edmonds is not a lot of fun if it's real windy, because the waves pick up the bottom material and render the viz in the shallows (which is much of Edmonds) pretty awful.
I don't have the corrections in front of me, but I see what you mean about the flat exchange in the morning. When I get home I'll look it up and set up a time.

Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

I'm in! Are we calling this a "Club" Dive? I am recommending that we begin organizing a Club dive once a week, and a Big Buddy Dive once a Month.

BTW, I hate EUP! But I have to try out my new P-Valve. Hurry up Dan!! I need to go DIVING!!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Pez7378 wrote:
BTW, I hate EUP! But I have to try out my new P-Valve. Hurry up Dan!! I need to go DIVING!!
If it's not ready soon I have a wetsuit that will fit you. No Pee valve required. :pale:
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Brrrrrr :pale:
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

HEY!
"NO PEEING IN THE POOL!" [-X
I am one of the lucky guys who works every weekend. ](*,) :-({|=
And of course a holiday weekend for most of the work force, means a three day weekend. Except for certain people, in the airline busness, we have a bigger work load on those weekends.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

I'm not a big fan of EUP either-mainly because of my last time there. Got pushed around pretty bad by a strong current. But I have a steel 120 now, so weighting's not an issue, and between 8 and 11 on February 16th, the exchange is really low. Should be a good time to go play.

I forgot #-o to look at the correction times last night, so if 8:30 is slack before flood, what time should we meet? I really just wanna get wet and use my tank and new dry gloves more than anything else.

Looks like so far, Penopolypants and Pez are interested. Anybody else?

:occasion5:

Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

I LOVE EUP! My regular buddies don't want to dive it, so I never get to go. I'm pretty stoked. :)

Seriously, it's a small current/small exchange day, so the pushing around will be minimal.

Late morning slack is at 11:11 a.m. if I'm correct, so if we wanted to do two dives we should work backward from that. Given the exchange after that, I don't really want to fight the current any later. I don't mind getting up early.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Penopolypants wrote:I LOVE EUP! My regular buddies don't want to dive it, so I never get to go. I'm pretty stoked. :)
Well, if you're stoked, then I'm stoked to dive with someone that will show me all the cool stuff there.
Penopolypants wrote:Late morning slack is at 11:11 a.m. if I'm correct, so if we wanted to do two dives we should work backward from that. Given the exchange after that, I don't really want to fight the current any later. I don't mind getting up early.
I'm up early all week, so Saturday won't make a difference. I only have one tank, though, so unless I borrow or rent one I'm probably only good for one dive. (Don't think I'm driving down to UWS for a hot fill between dives.)

Sweeet.... This is gonna be cool! :rr:

Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

scottsax wrote:
Penopolypants wrote:I LOVE EUP! My regular buddies don't want to dive it, so I never get to go. I'm pretty stoked. :)
Well, if you're stoked, then I'm stoked to dive with someone that will show me all the cool stuff there.
Sweeet.... This is gonna be cool! :rr:
Well, to heck with it. If Penelope is stoked, and Scott is stoked, then Damnit, I'm Stoked too!! Let's go DIVING. Actually, I was thinking the 16th was this weekend. #-o I guess I can wait.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Pez7378 wrote:Actually, I was thinking the 16th was this weekend. #-o I guess I can wait.
i can't make it to EUP on the 16th, but i'll be at redondo this sunday the 9th if you want to come by.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

spatman wrote:
Pez7378 wrote:Actually, I was thinking the 16th was this weekend. #-o I guess I can wait.
i can't make it to EUP on the 16th, but i'll be at redondo this sunday the 9th if you want to come by.
I'm there! What time?
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Pez7378 wrote:I'm there! What time?
probably around 10:30am. i sent you a PM with the details.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Scubagirl45 wrote:hey guys, I hate to point out the obvious, but Sunday is the 10th. #-o
haha! we're dorks! sunday the 10th is what i meant.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Did you know that dork is slang for whale penis? We had an in-depth discussion on this topic at work one day.

Scott, with a 120 you'll be down forever. But, if you want to do a second dive I can loan you one of my lp95s.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Penopolypants wrote:Did you know that dork is slang for whale penis? We had an in-depth discussion on this topic at work one day.
:smt119

did you know that "wise-ass" is slang for Penopolypants? :bootyshake:

what other types of genitalia do you discuss at work? :smt064

wait, don't answer that...
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Penopolypants wrote:Did you know that dork is slang for whale penis? We had an in-depth discussion on this topic at work one day.
And I'm sure that a Whale penis is at least as big as I am! Hmmm, not too long ago someone sent me a picture of one..........................Now where is that file?...............
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

spatman wrote:

:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: ROFL LMFAO
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

spatman wrote:

what other types of genitalia do you discuss at work? :smt064

wait, don't answer that...
Why yes, I believe it's in our office dictionary. :supz:

But really, it's true, unlike my "Tofu is Japanese for whale snot" saying, which isn't true, but should be.

As for genitalia...yes...well, our conversations can be quite....interesting. :book:
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Scubagirl45 wrote:
Sounds like you have more fun at work than I do!! My boss called in sick today, so I had to be there ALL DAY (no breaks or lunch) and run the place by myself. It makes the day sooooooooo long! I'm sure glad it's Friday :occasion5: (too bad I'm not diving this weekend!)
There are some definite perks to my job. Your day sounded not fun, yay for Friday!
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

I'm completely psyched for the dive this Saturday! I've been working 6-7 days a week for the last 2 months (and if you count my 2nd job, playing music, it HAS been 7 days a week) and need to dive.

Can I start taking roll call now, or should I wait until we're a little bit closer to Saturday?

:bounce: :bounce:

Josh
Just Settling In

Post by Josh »

I wish I lived over on the coast!!!! ](*,)