Edmonds Volunteers needed

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
JDR
Avid Diver

Edmonds Volunteers needed

Post by JDR »

Come join us at the EUP. Volunteers for the Edmonds underwater park are always needed. Meet us at 9 AM at the Edmonds Underwater Sports store. If we are not at UW Sports, we will be at the Park.
Basic Scuba certification and gear required! Experience is not required, I started volunteering at the park two months after I started diving and I've been volunteering there off and on for the last 9 years.

Unfortunately volunteers for the park, in this region of 3.8 million people, are few and far between. Saturdays there are typically 2 to 4 volunteers, Sundays are typically just Bruce, or Bruce and a single volunteer. Come out on any weekend, join us and support one of the best divesites in Puget Sound.

Bruce Higgins drives a distinctive red pickup which is always full of dive gear, lift drums and items for the park. The Edmonds UW Sports store donates airfills for the park volunteers.
Current projects include laying out concrete blocks and threading rope to extend a trail. finding, lifting and moving concrete arches with the lift drums, etc.
The vis is great right now, and the park is a fantastic place to enjoy the kelpbeds and marine life.
Show up, learn to actually do something underwater, get some exercise, and enjoy the camaraderie of some great people who are making a difference in Puget Sound.
BACK AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER - LET'S GO DIVING!
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

9:00 am sounds like a plan I think my wife and I will show up!! Any one else wanna go??
Who run barter town?
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

I thought you had to work tomorrow, you wuss! I have to work in the morning, can't help this time, sorry!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

oops! I mean on sunday!! :salute:
Who run barter town?
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

I am doing rescue class on Sunday,plus I am not a huge fan of the park, it is kind of boring and so staged I don't feel like it is a natural environment and it kind of ruins the idea of diving. When I used to rock climb i hated indoor climbing because it was so staged and not natural. I really enjoy seeing things people don't groom and move place. Although a wreck is always cool.
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
JDR
Avid Diver

Post by JDR »

Maverick wrote:I am doing rescue class on Sunday,plus I am not a huge fan of the park, it is kind of boring and so staged I don't feel like it is a natural environment and it kind of ruins the idea of diving. When I used to rock climb i hated indoor climbing because it was so staged and not natural. I really enjoy seeing things people don't groom and move place. Although a wreck is always cool.

You should take a look at some of the features we built last year. We placed over a 130,000 lb of rocks in seventeeen piles out near Erratic Way. This has created a beautiful site, especially right now with the bull kelp overwhelming the entire area.

Where do you dive in Puget Sound?
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Wow that sound pretty cool, wanna show me some time?

I dive Hoodcanal, ALKI, My favorite is Sunrise beach, and get there a few times a month with calvin and Dave and Cuppie came twice.

Where do you do most of your dives?
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
JDR
Avid Diver

Post by JDR »

typically these days it's Edmonds park, edmonds oil dock, Seacrest, mukilteo t-dock. Occasionally I get out to Possession point ferry and fingers, Blakely Rock, etc. I'm getting the boat back together now so I'll be headed off to the San Juans before long.
Favorite dives? Definitely Neah Bay. This is the first year in recent history that I haven't made a half dozen trips to Neah Bay. This year due to Business Travel and work, I haven't made it there at all.....