Dive Report for Mukilteo Feb 18

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
H20doctor

Dive Report for Mukilteo Feb 18

Post by H20doctor »

Jeff and I dove tonight , splash in was at 9:30 pm We dropped in and the tide was way out.. Got to about 65 feet and Jeff got my attention with his light. I went over to him and there in front of was this guy digging in the sand. It was about 5 inches in lenght and looking for sumthn.. What was truely amazing about this little dude was the ability to change color, from white to red, to grey and back to red.. AMAZING.. He was just moving around trying to find an evening snack
I shot some video of him which I will have to upload later cause I dont have Highspeed internet. Next up was this cool crab hanging out in a log
As we got back up to the T-dock we headed north and then came up on this little Octo.. Another awesome site to see, cute little octo out and about just another night on the town...
And here moving away from me
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

Wow! Good to see the animals are coming back. I was getting disappointed, as recently I have not seen much. Great photos!
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

I love stubby squid! (top pic) Cute as the dickens and love the light show they put on.

-Valerie
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Stubby Squid are SO cool! Haven't seen one in awhile...

Thanks for posting the pics!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Post by Rockfish »

Nice pictures!!! Just out of curiosity what type of camera are you using? I am thinking about getting back into u/w photography and want to see what cameras are being used.

Thanks,

Mike
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

i use the sealife dc500. good camera. i think the doc might be using a cannon, i could be wrong though. my brother who just got into u/w photography will be using a cannon aswell.
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
decodiver25
Aquaphile

Post by decodiver25 »

wow!!! i wish i was along with you fellas on this dive....i bet the time flew with all these cool animals to see!!! he he
When you think you know everything is actually when you know nothing...
H20doctor

Post by H20doctor »

I am useing a cannon powershot A540, with the cannon dive housing , Total for camera and Housing was under 300.00 Its a sweet deal if you cant afford a sealife or a reef master.. There is also a dive housing set up for olympus. I am amazed too by the pics above, I didnt see the detail in the squid untill just now with my computer set on high resolution.. Dang not bad for a cannon..that only cost me 159.95 at circut city
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

very nice indeed doc! are you open this weekend? if not, see you monday night around 8:00 or 8:30 in the pm. all are welcome to attend...
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

There are A LOT of people on this board who have taken amazing pics with the Casio cameras. I sold my brand new EXPENSIVE G9 to go back to the compact size and great macro pics of the Casio line.....
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY