NWDC Crabfest '06

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

NWDC Crabfest '06

Post by Tangfish »

I decided the other day that I want to go crabbing. Which one of you knows how to do the whole shebang? We need:
  • crabbing license

measuring thingy

goodie bag

crab cleaning/preparation skillz
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Crabs ... yum!

I've got the license ... the goodie bag ... the gauge ... the catching skills ... the cleaning skills ... and the appetite.

So when are we goin' ???

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

Crabs...yummy!!!
I also have the license, the measuring thingy, the goody bag, the skilz and the appetite..
I'm with Bob, So when we going?
K
"Let's go diving!"
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Well, this might sound like a stupid question but... where are we allowed to kidnap crab?

I can go this Sunday if anyone is available. Preferably meet around 11ish or so.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Oh me too, me too! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I also have a bag, a crab measury thingy, and my license, all virgin I might add, unfortunately!

Let's go crab wranglin'! :supz:
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Well ... we could always put together a combination newbie/crab dive at Langley. Tides being what they are, you'd want a site with little current, reasonably shallow depth, and (of course) some chance for catching crabs.

Langley might be the best choice ... they've even got bathrooms and fresh-water showers ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Cuppie
Dive-aholic

Post by Cuppie »

I want to go also, i have to work sat until 3pm so i dont know if that will be too late to go with the rest of you. I also have all the gear. I think it will be interesting because i have only been crabing from a boat....but i do have the cleaning skills!!

I hope this works: http://wdfw.wa.gov/fish/shelfish/crabreg/index.shtml

That is the site that shows the areas open to crabing
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Bob are you talking about the langley tire reef? Thats a good dive spot Im in!! :partyman:
Who run barter town?
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

I am in for sure, but in crabbing we want to crab in the early evening like 7ish (PM) and early morning like 7ish (AM). otherwise the crab are in rocks and you may see a few but most likely no limit..

So i think we should meet up at langley tire reef around 430 and bullshit and gear up and bulshit and suit up, and bulshit and splash around 7pm and dive and boil crab.
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Well, unfortunately I cannot make it at that time/day :crybaby: , but someone please save me a few legs!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

I too am hosed till Sunday afternoon... ](*,) Out of town this week.

But I will monitor the thread in case the time day changes! Surely we can do this more than once! :bounce:
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

What is the confirmed meet time and spot...
I would like to go!
K
"Let's go diving!"
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I'll be there around 4 or so. Can't stick around late, as I have an early morning obligation on Sunday and need my beauty sleep. If anyone wants to splash around 5'ish or so, I'll be up for it. Y'all can do a later dive as you please ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Cuppie
Dive-aholic

Post by Cuppie »

sorry guys i cant make it this time, i have to work late that day and even stop by work later that night to make sure all the fluffy animals are happy!! maybe i'll catch ya next time, do let us know how it goes!!
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

I'm still in..
Who run barter town?
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Yeah, we will see I am helping with an open water class in the morn. If I remember right that is a resonably shallow dive. But the tire reef is really cool, I dont care if catch any crab but that would be a bonus. I will see you there. GD you would'nt have directions would you?? Ive only been there once. Im pretty sure I remeber how to get there but just incase..
Who run barter town?
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Take the ferry from Mukilteo ... I would plan to be on at least the 3 PM ferry, and keep in mind it's a Saturday so there may be a wait.

Once on the other side, go about 3 miles, There's a turnoff on the right, just past the Red Apple grocery store (a gas station on the corner). Take that right ... there's a sign for Langley.

Go past the fair grounds. Turn right at the sign that says "City Center" ... I think it's 1st St, but don't hold me to it.

About a quarter mile or so down the road turns hard left to go into town. Just on that turn there's a street off to the right (there's a lot of signs there). Take that street down the hill. The parking lot, fishing pier, and dive site are at the end of the road.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Cuppie
Dive-aholic

Post by Cuppie »

im afraid to say it but mav prob isnt going to make it either, im sure he will post something but as of know i think he's going to a boy's only party.... bachelor party. i really want to join you but there is no way i can get there and have energy for a dive at splash time. We need to plan another crab fest on a sunday....be sure to take some pic of the tire reef, im curious to see what things are like out there!!
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Grateful Diver wrote:Take the ferry from Mukilteo ... I would plan to be on at least the 3 PM ferry, and keep in mind it's a Saturday so there may be a wait.

Once on the other side, go about 3 miles, There's a turnoff on the right, just past the Red Apple grocery store (a gas station on the corner). Take that right ... there's a sign for Langley.

Go past the fair grounds. Turn right at the sign that says "City Center" ... I think it's 1st St, but don't hold me to it.

About a quarter mile or so down the road turns hard left to go into town. Just on that turn there's a street off to the right (there's a lot of signs there). Take that street down the hill. The parking lot, fishing pier, and dive site are at the end of the road.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Thanks..
Who run barter town?
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

425 -345-4479

call me after 12:00 I should be done with class by then..
Who run barter town?
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

Well. This will teach me to sign in more often...

I just read the thread. It's 909PM and while you're on the beach I'm sitting in my freakin' office.

Shit!
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

](*,)

I propose that we think of a way to provide a voluntary list of telephone numbers on, say, a single thread or as part of the member profile.

For future reference, should you need another crab hunter or carpool or travelling companion or dive buddy please jot this down and gimme a call:

425-478-6334

Dave "Sasquatch" Smith :bounce:
sandman98007
Avid Diver

aaaarrrrhhhhh

Post by sandman98007 »

would love to go, but we have to pay the bills.....

Darn
It's ALL good in the world today ......
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

As amatter of fact we do have A contact list check it out..
Who run barter town?
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

It figures you all would have a CONTACT LIST. I'll post to it as well.

Thanks, DD

(Checked it out and it seems a little loose but, hey, whatever works)