NWDC Crabfest '06

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Well how did the crabbing go???? A friend and I took my Zodiac down to Nehalem Bay on Saturday with the GF's and dove for crab and clams. Almost limited on clams and got 5 crab. Boiled them up there and went home to Crab & Butter & Clams & Butter. \:D/ \:D/ Oh....and did I say BUTTER. Hmmmmmm good. Don't tell my Doctor. [-X

Charles
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Man sounds like you had a great dive Chuck and butter and clams and crabs. What kind of clams did you harvest under water? Cockles?
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Them and a few butter and great neck. I use them for chowder so they are all good.
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

mmm ... crab ...
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Sounder wrote:I'd love to learn how to chase clams... is there much to it? I don't know anything about it.

We got all Dungies - they were quite tasty too. I'd still like to do a boil on the beach sometime this season though. Stay tuned!
One of these days we'll have to teach you to chase SHRIMP! It's FAR more fun than herding cats!

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

It is most definatly a night dive and you have to be pretty good with bouancy because you don't want to stir up the bottom. and air goes quick if you are at depth chasing those little %$!@##ers around, so watch you air, last thing you need is no air at 100 feet
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Dolphin_Diver
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Dolphin_Diver »

i've always tried to catch the shrimp and i would be the one that looses. then my dive instructor told me you gotta shine your light at them to blind them and sure enough it worked i caught on by its long tentical things.?
:smt027 =D> then you dont have to go to deep.