Oregon Divers Invade Redondo, Club Dive 3/22

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
BUZO71
Aquaphile

Re: Oregon Divers Invade Redondo, Club Dive 3/22

Post by BUZO71 »

spatman wrote:
BUZO71 wrote:OK. I;m in. I'll be driving from Salem... when, where are we meeting?
good question. so far, just three of us have committed to going up from oregon. divernick initially said he was in, but i haven't heard anything...

what's your plan, buz? what time do you want to be at redondo and how many dives are you planning to do?
Well, meeting up there might be the best. I get off work at 3:30pm on Friday and might head up to Clatskanie on Friday. When is the planned splash time on Saturday? I was thinking of a couple of dives on Saturday and if things are well maybe stay the night and dive on Sunday.... what do ya think?
Fortes fortuna iuvat
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

We're all meeting at Redondo in the pay-lot between 9am - 9:30am or so. I'm sure some folks won't roll in 'till the crack of 10am though knowing how Saturday mornings go.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

BUZO71 wrote:Well, meeting up there might be the best. I get off work at 3:30pm on Friday and might head up to Clatskanie on Friday. When is the planned splash time on Saturday? I was thinking of a couple of dives on Saturday and if things are well maybe stay the night and dive on Sunday.... what do ya think?
that sounds like a good plan. i wish i could stay the whole weekend, but unfortunately it a round trip in one day for me on saturday...
submarine
Avid Diver

Post by submarine »

FYI - Stacy and I have changed on the vehicle we are taking. We will be in a Maroon Dodge Ram truck with a blue canopy. It is an obvious mis-match. The soft-top jeep is a bit noisy for the long road trips and I got my clutch fixed!
See y'all there!
Matt & Stacy

Do We Dive?... Of Course!
Life Is An Adventure...
It is not the destination that is the most rewarding,
It is the journey along the way!

http://i-rv.net/gallery/main.php
divernick
Aquaphile

Post by divernick »

Ok, looks like I'm going for sure now. Anyone planning on 3 dives?
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

divernick wrote:Ok, looks like I'm going for sure now. Anyone planning on 3 dives?
you know i am! i'm on captjack's zodiac for the first one, then the next two are up in the air. might do one with sounder, but not committed to a buddy for the third yet.
BUZO71
Aquaphile

Post by BUZO71 »

I'm in.... I am not sure if I'm leaving tonight or tomorrow....
Fortes fortuna iuvat
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

I Will be missing this one but you guys Represent us Oregon Divers just fine
if any one should ask Ill tell them we sent our best to show the Washington divers how it is really done

NO really jay and I are both working till like mid day then loading his RV and driving up to the Salt Creek dive site doe a Sunday Monday weekend of diving

but you guys have a grate time and take lots of pictures

I think one of you should make a sign to hang in your rig that says some thing like Oregon divers Rule and Washington divers wish they did lol

that woul be S I C K as my kid would say

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

this oregon native says bring it on! lets show warshington folk how its done. :naka: e.u.p. sound good? as i am not sure how to get to redondo yet. i'm game at the time as long as it is no on tuesday or thursday between 10am and 12pm, as i will be in class between those times. :smt027

oregon divers rule!! washington divers drool!! :laughing3:
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
BUZO71
Aquaphile

Post by BUZO71 »

So, what happened? I didn't see anyone from Oregon there?????? :dontknow:
Fortes fortuna iuvat
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

They were there...I met at least 2, dove with 1, or at least my family did. That was the first dive, when my gauge hose sprang a leak and I had to quit.
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

BUZO71 wrote:So, what happened? I didn't see anyone from Oregon there?????? :dontknow:
i was there, as was aquachic, divernick, jcander....
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

I was wondering about the Oregon divers, too.....

Nailer, Jackie, Maverick and I arrived and entered the water before everyone got there, and by the time we came up the Oregon contingent had departed on Captjack's RIB. We left before they came back, so we all missed meeting you.

Looks like I'll have to continue to think of Oregon divers as "works of fiction"....except WylerBear, that is!

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

John Rawlings wrote:Looks like I'll have to continue to think of Oregon divers as "works of fiction"....except WylerBear, that is!

- John
haha, you personally handed this "work of fiction" a couple copies of ADM, john! see, we blend right in with you WA divers, undetectable among your ranks...
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

spatman wrote: haha, you personally handed this "work of fiction" a couple copies of ADM, john! see, we blend right in with you WA divers, undetectable among your ranks...
Oh, yeah....my bad....you must've been the one in the dive gear that I spoke to....HA! #-o

I saw SO many new faces (to me!) yesterday! It was GREAT! Does anyone know what the total number of members attending was?

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

John Rawlings wrote:
spatman wrote: haha, you personally handed this "work of fiction" a couple copies of ADM, john! see, we blend right in with you WA divers, undetectable among your ranks...
Oh, yeah....my bad....you must've been the one in the dive gear that I spoke to....HA! #-o

I saw SO many new faces (to me!) yesterday! It was GREAT! Does anyone know what the total number of members attending was?

- John
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE COPY OF ADM. It IS the greatest Dive 'ZINE around. Can't put it down. I might have to order back issues while waiting for my future issues to arrive!

Looks like there was around thirty or so. I have a photo of around 20 add to that Me (the photog) Joe, just out of frame, three from OR that arrived later, and You, Mav, Nailer and Jackieg and there were a few more that arrived later. :supz:

John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Pez7378 wrote: THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE COPY OF ADM. It IS the greatest Dive 'ZINE around. Can't put it down. I might have to order back issues while waiting for my future issues to arrive!
You're very welcome! :salute:

I passed out quite a few to folks on Saturday, but I'm sure that I missed a few that might have been in the water or out on the boat. I'm glad that you are enjoying it. ADM is kinda like crack cocaine....once you see one you just GOTTA get more!

The next issue should be getting mailed out this week to subscribers.

- John