How was last weekend for everyone??

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

How was last weekend for everyone??

Post by Dave »

I know a few of you made it out to the canal, how was it?? Me, Ryan, and Calvin did Alki and it was actually really nice, vis was somewhere around 15'. we followed the (Ryan) rope over to Cove 3,,,nice couple of dives.. :partyman:
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Jay and I drove out to Sund Rock on Saturday
We checked out Sund Rock when we first got there. it looked rough but it could have been done, we decided to drive over to Octo pus hole but it was a no go
Actuly you could have made a dive at octo Hole but there was no entry or exit point so it would have to be a boat dive or nothing.

By this time The dive Shop would be open so we headed back to Hoodsportndive. Sund Rock Dive site went to hell in the short time we were gone so we just hung around to viset with Mike and Ron
They had some water in the Shop but nothing to bad.

Jay and I decided we would viset a few dive shops on our way up to try to hook up with the Club ( NW Dive Club ) we hit Capital Divers Nice place and nice folks Prices were not to bad

Then we decided to pay a viset to Wally at Tacoma Scuba
if you have not been to the shop yet put this on your todo list.

We had a grate time and Wally did a little work on my Gear for me and then he would not let me pay him for it.

Had a grate viset with the Guys at Tacome Scuba
there prices are more then fare and a god selection in inventory.
good deals to be had at this shop.

Jay and I decided to try to get a dive in at Alki Cove 2
we hit the water at about 3:30 or a little after

About 3 or 4 minutes in to the dive I was swiming along minding my own afares when next thing I know I am being bitten by a Cabiezon
it swam up to me never seen it comeing and latched on to my middle and ring finger on my right hand. ( Damn that hurt. ) I had to hit it like 3 times before it let go now I have a hole in my damn glove ^(*(*(ing fish
but other then that it was a grate dive we stayed in Cove 2 and jay broke in his new Digital Camera.

I have some pics I will be posting to the Gallery in the next few days.

I think we just missed Dave and Ryan but not sure.

Sunday we made 2 dives at Sund Rock .
WOW what a differance a day made in that site, it was so smoth at times it was like glass vis was at least 20 feet we made it down to 73 feet for both dives.

mike lent a set of Doubles to Jay and I think he is hooked
he made both dives on the same two tanks.

I am pretty sure I will be makeing a set of doubles out of my Al 80s but not for a little while yet I need to get a dry suite and a few other things first.

Was bumed out about not getting to see every one but there is always next time.

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

Wow, we must have just missed each other!! I was just talking with BJ @ the LDS and he was telling me that his wife was attacked by a cabezon at Cove 2 too!! Wow that is obviously one protective fish, no doubt protecting it's eggs. Glad you guys were able to dive though, I am sure we will hook up soon!!!
:partyman:
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Jay took some pictures of the Damn thing ill post them in my Gallery it was not very big but it sure had atatude.

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him