Club Dive: Oregon divers unite!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
SquishyDuck
Frequent Bubbler

Re: Club Dive: Oregon divers unite!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by SquishyDuck »

I plan on going up.

Carpooling sounds like a good idea. My Wrangler will only hold 2+gear. If I can get ahold of a small utility trailer to haul gear, I can carry 4. However, it gets horrible gas mileage, so it may not be the best vehicle to take.
Squishy Duck... no, Duck... that's Duck.. with a "u"
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

i'm in, and i think divernick is also. i'll confirm with him tomorrow if he doesn't respond here. my subie can hold me and a passenger comfortably.
DiveMonkey
Just Settling In

Post by DiveMonkey »

I'll be heading up there too. However, if I'm not catching a ride with one of you the truck will have room for only 1 other person - unless my GF is coming along for the ride.

Squishy - let me know if you get that trailer and keep me up to date on your open seats! I'm not opposed to driving if it helps for hauling gear or divers. More to come as we figure this out...
BUZO71
Aquaphile

Post by BUZO71 »

You're talking about the 7/12 dive right? I'm in but I think I'll be in Seattle already for vacation
Fortes fortuna iuvat
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

BUZO71 wrote:You're talking about the 7/12 dive right? I'm in but I think I'll be in Seattle already for vacation
no, the june 22nd at sund rock dive.
divernick
Aquaphile

Post by divernick »

I'm planning to go, but my checkbook may say otherwise. This trip falls on the wrong side of payday. I can take another person and gear in my truck if needed.
sekhmet
Avid Diver

Post by sekhmet »

darn! I'm going to redondo saturday and then boat diving sunday! Sorry to miss next weekend with the Oregon crew!
We are diving Netarts tuesday 6/17 though! And then I"m going to dive down around Cape Arago (Coos Bay) Thursday!
I'll post what happens! Let's make Oregon popular!
"Fish Worship: Is It Wrong?"
BUZO71
Aquaphile

Post by BUZO71 »

I'd be interested in diving Oregon.... I'm on vacation now for a while.... Not sure about the Sund Rock trip though... that drive is starting to hurt :crybaby: .... my pocket! #-o
Fortes fortuna iuvat
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

I would like to come but I may be diving in Florence, OR that day. I'll have to check with my buddy. He hasn't confirmed. If that trip is off I'd be more than happy to come up. I've got room for one more in the truck. I'll know for sure if I'm going by Tuesday.

Viva La Oregon! Dave
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

Hello everyone. I will definately be attending. I would love to either carpool with someone or share the ride in my vehicle with someone else. I was planning on leaving Sunday morning around 6:30 - 7am ](*,) and then returning in the evening. I would be in to doing three dives. If anyone wants to carpool let me know.

Dave
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

I wish I was going some one make sure to do a dive for me

I know I have not been verry active on here much of late but this dam broken ankel is just no fun at all ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

hope to be able to dive end of july first part of Aug, if every thing goes well

see you guys then I hope
Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

rest up, sparks, you'll be back in the water soon enough.

since you have the time... how about planning an oregon coast dive in august? \:D/

i know there are a few folks on the board who who like to do netarts and/or some other dives out your way. it could be the "welcome back sparky's ankle" day!
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

spatman wrote:rest up, sparks, you'll be back in the water soon enough.

since you have the time... how about planning an oregon coast dive in august? \:D/

i know there are a few folks on the board who who like to do netarts and/or some other dives out your way. it could be the "welcome back sparky's ankle" day!
That's a great idea!
SquishyDuck
Frequent Bubbler

Post by SquishyDuck »

I just got off the phone with Dive Monkey. He is not going to be able to make it on Sunday, so I have a seat open if someone needs a ride. Or I can jump in with someone else if they have an open seat.
Squishy Duck... no, Duck... that's Duck.. with a "u"
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

SquishyDuck wrote:I just got off the phone with Dive Monkey. He is not going to be able to make it on Sunday, so I have a seat open if someone needs a ride. Or I can jump in with someone else if they have an open seat.
check with ORDiver, he may be available.
FlyinV
Dive-aholic

Post by FlyinV »

Noob here that lives in Portland!

I am all signed up for the open water class in July and plan to try to take a few dive trips organized thru the shop August 3rd and September 14th. I would certainly love to also hook up with some local Portland people for trips up to Washington at any time.

I have a very reliable and fuel efficient 4 door small truck that can hold 3 other divers and all the gear.
The back seat is a little small but it not that terrible.
non smoking and no drinking before driving only when parked for the night -- This now sounds like a personal ad :)

While I am not ready yet for this dive or dives in July.
and if you don't mind a noobie tagging along -- I am your guy (as long as the dive plan is within my skill level)

I am a very strong swimmer and safety aware and I look forward to getting some knowledge from experienced divers!

Talk to you after I am certified!
Jeff
Jeff V
Octo Buddy Dive Tours - www.octobuddy.com
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

FlyinV wrote:Noob here that lives in Portland!

Talk to you after I am certified!
Jeff

sounds good, jeff! hope your classes go well, and keep us updated.