Clear Lake - July 12th

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
narcosis Junky
Aquaphile

Re: Clear Lake - July 12th

Post by narcosis Junky »

Well you are going to have to waite until this winter for that. The water was 37 at the time. In Jully, it should be around 41 to 44. :supz: :supz:
Want to go dive in Oregon. I can help. Biginner or experienced it doesn't matter.
want to do some underwater photography I will help if I can. I'm a dive Junky. Cold or hot.
I spear fish, night dive, deep dive. I do it all. Contact me.
http://flickr.com/photos/8680102@N04/
BUZO71
Aquaphile

Post by BUZO71 »

Hmmm... Seattle or Clear Lake :dontknow: .... Oh hey, I'm jumping on the band wagon... my birthday is the 15th :occasion5:
Fortes fortuna iuvat
narcosis Junky
Aquaphile

Post by narcosis Junky »

Come on down and join the fun/party at Clear Lake. It's going to be fun. How often do you dive Clear Lake and how often do you dive Washington. Hummmmm! that's a tuff one to decide on. :partyman: :supz: \:D/ :-({|= :supz: :partyman: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5:
Want to go dive in Oregon. I can help. Biginner or experienced it doesn't matter.
want to do some underwater photography I will help if I can. I'm a dive Junky. Cold or hot.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

WylerBear wrote::crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Well, I looked at my schedule and unfortnately have to work. Poor me. Since I've just taken 3 weeks off, I don't think I should take another day off this summer.
Maybe another time...
Hope y'all have fun.

that's too bad, georgia. i was hoping you could make it. pleas let me know what days you do have off and maybe we could coordinate a dive together sometime.
narcosis Junky
Aquaphile

Post by narcosis Junky »

Well, How many more people are going? Let's get a head count. More the better. As hot as it's getting, Clear Lake is going to be awsome. :supz: :supz: :supz: :fish: :fish: :supz: :supz: :fish:
nice-diver
Compulsive Diver

Post by nice-diver »

me
i flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nice-diver/

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather, because it's easier to harrass rich women than motorcycle gangs!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

w00t! you know i'm in!
narcosis Junky
Aquaphile

Post by narcosis Junky »

Well that makes 6 people so far. we need more, more more. The funner it's going to be. :partyman: :partyman: :occasion5: :occasion5: :vom: :vom: :vom: :vom: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: \:D/ \:D/ :partyman: :partyman: :partyman: :partyman: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :vom: :vom: :vom: :la: :la: :la: :la:
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

I'm seriously considdering on taking a vacation day just to come down to Clear Lake on July 12th.
It's those pictures! :smt064 :hello2:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
narcosis Junky
Aquaphile

Post by narcosis Junky »

Come on down. I plan ton taking more of those same pictures. you guys and (girls) are my models. If the sun is out, then things should look the same as those pictures. If there is still snow melt flowing into the lake then the viz might not be quiet as good. It will still be over 100 ft viz. Every one should take a vacation day once in a while and if not vacation, hey it's ok to be sick. Diving is more important than work any ways. :supz: :supz: :fish: :supz: :fish: :occasion5:
divernick
Aquaphile

Post by divernick »

I'll be there.
narcosis Junky
Aquaphile

Post by narcosis Junky »

Looking foward to seing you again divernick.
narcosis Junky
Aquaphile

Post by narcosis Junky »

Oh and by the way every body, don't forget it's scubagirl45's birthday on the 14th. I don't know what she wants for her birthday, but I want a VR3 dive computer fully loaded. I want an X-scooter. Oh and I want a KISS Classic rebreather. If I can think of anything else, I will all of you know. It's a good start don't you think? :evil4: :evil4: :evil4: :evil4: :evil4:
billandwende
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by billandwende »

narcosis Junky wrote:I want a VR3 dive computer fully loaded. I want an X-scooter. Oh and I want a KISS Classic rebreather. If I can think of anything else, I will all of you know. It's a good start don't you think? :evil4: :evil4: :evil4: :evil4: :evil4:

:laughing3: I was gonna get you everything on your list but as I hate to wrap a card will have to do. :book:
"I seek out more experienced divers who are willing to dive with me, and I buy them beer." :snorkel:

"It was awesome until the point where Bono endorsed it." Fishstiq

"Anyone know a good direction to point me in so i can figure out exactly what i have?" kat
narcosis Junky
Aquaphile

Post by narcosis Junky »

Oh! NO NEED TO WRAP. Just put battery in I promis to play with it right away. I might even share the scooter for one round. After all what better place than Clear lake to play with that. after all, you don't want to overwelm your self with to much new gear. What is it that they say "introduce one New peace of equipement at a time so you don't over welm your self". I'm good with that. :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :evil4: :evil4: :evil4: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz:
billandwende
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by billandwende »

After some serious cost-benefit analysis I think I'd like to come.
"I seek out more experienced divers who are willing to dive with me, and I buy them beer." :snorkel:

"Anyone know a good direction to point me in so i can figure out exactly what i have?" kat
AB219
Aquaphile

Post by AB219 »

narcosis Junky wrote:Oh and by the way every body, don't forget it's scubagirl45's birthday on the 14th. I don't know what she wants for her birthday, but I want a VR3 dive computer fully loaded. I want an X-scooter. Oh and I want a KISS Classic rebreather. If I can think of anything else, I will all of you know. It's a good start don't you think? :evil4: :evil4: :evil4: :evil4: :evil4:

Clear Lake dive..... Oh and it is a birthday dive!!! So happens to be my birthday on July 13th..... I am not saying you have to get me a gift, but I could use a:

1) A new Yamaha 250 Horse Power fourstroke motor.... that would be a 25 inch shaft.

2) Lunch... a triple beef burger topped off with bacon, ham and about three eggs....hold the mayo, trying to watch the cholesterol... better throw in a A.E.D.!
:bounce:
Last edited by AB219 on Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let's Go Diving at:
A) Oregon coast
B) Fort Bragg California
C) Monterey California
D) Puget Sound Washington

"It's not about the dive, but the journey taken."
narcosis Junky
Aquaphile

Post by narcosis Junky »

First of all, if the lodge is open and they serve their burgers, you should be able to order what ever you want. A heads up on the conditions. A friend of mine dove Clear Lake last weekend. Here is the feed back. water temp is 44. Viz is not as good as I wa hoping. 50 + feet maybe more. I guess there is still a lot of snow melt coming down. Run off. But it is still good viz. And the surroundings are awsome. It should be a awsome day. Specially with all these B-day people. hope to see you all there. :partyman: :partyman: :partyman: :supz: :supz: :supz: :occasion5: :occasion5:
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

narcosis Junky wrote: A friend of mine dove Clear Lake last weekend. Here is the feed back. water temp is 44. Viz is not as good as I wa hoping. 50 + feet maybe more. I guess there is still a lot of snow melt coming down. Run off. But it is still good viz.
good viz for most PNW diving that's for sure. but i was definitely looking forward to the 100'+ viz that clear lake is famous for. looks like i might have to go back late summer to find out...
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

alright, divers, let's get down to the logistics.

we're meeting no later than 10am in front of the lodge.

here's the location.

everybody remember that the lake is cold, so bring extra layers and a tub of hot water if you can. snacks and other stuff would be great too.

where's everyone coming from, who's carpooling with who, and what kind of car do you drive?

penopolypants is gracing us lowly oregon divers with her washington presence, and will be carpooling down from portland with me. we will be in a silver subaru wagon.

:salute:
billandwende
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by billandwende »

BASSMAN wrote:I'm seriously considdering on taking a vacation day just to come down to Clear Lake on July 12th.
It's those pictures! :smt064 :hello2:
Well are you going? :smt064

Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Alas, won't be able to do this trip. Perhaps later this Summer if anyone's interested in heading down... particularly if a few of us organized a Thursday / Friday trip. Have fun everyone!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Scubagirl45 wrote:(sigh of relief) It looks like I will have my car back by the weekend!!! That means I DON'T have to back out of yet another dive plan. So I will be there (as long as I don't experience any more mini-disasters). I am so looking forward to getting in the water!!! :supz:
sweet! :occasion5: are you carpooling to clear lake with anyone?
billandwende
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by billandwende »

OK the Scubulance is full of diesel and ready to roll. I have room for another diver and gear. I figure I'm going anyway so if your needing a ride let me know. My journey begins in Olympia.

Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

billandwende wrote:OK the Scubulance is full of diesel and ready to roll. I have room for another diver and gear. I figure I'm going anyway so if your needing a ride let me know. My journey begins in Olympia.
Scubulance? :dontknow:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!