Clear Lake - July 12th

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Clear Lake - July 12th

Post by spatman »

if anyone's interested, i'm meeting narcosis junky for a day of diving the crystal waters of Clear Lake, OR. the plan is to meet at 10am in front of the lodge, with probably 3 dives planned.

more info to follow as we get closer. chime in if you're interested.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: Clear Lake - July 12th

Post by Tom Nic »

That would be fun!

Isn't that the day of the Club Dive?
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Tom Nic wrote:Isn't that the day of the Club Dive?
unfortunately it is the same weekend as the hood canal club event. i'm hoping to get to know Clear Lake on this trip and try to plan another outing there in late august, for those folks who might have a conflict on 7/12.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Hmmm... I'll have to kick it around with Bill and Keith. Clear Lake is a long ways... about 6 hours from Tacoma, I think?!?

We might do Sund on Thursday or Friday, then come down and do 2 or 3 morning dives on that Saturday and then head back in time to be back here Saturday night. Perhaps we might get a place to stay down there Friday night and even try a night dive?

Anyway, we'll see.... not trying to crash the party. If something doesn't work out that weekend I'd definitely be interested in trying to make it happen in August. Been wanting to do this one for a long time!

-Tom Nic
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Since no one wants to do a dive on my new days off Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. I will have to see about burning a vacation day in August to dive Clear Lake. Thats one of the dives on my "Bucket List" :supz:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Aquachic
Just Settling In

Post by Aquachic »

HI all..... it's been a long long while since I've last been around the forum....been very happily distracted. Anyhow....
Clear Lake sounds like a really cooool dive. If I've got nothing planned, I'd love to join you Spatman and all who're going. Keep me posted please.
ps: thanx Matt for the drysuit info. I'm now a proud owner of my very own drysuit!!wahooo!
Nothin' beats diving!!!
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

When I get back into town, I'll check my work schedule. If I'm not working I'll probably join you.
Just FYI, it's been awhile since I took the specialty but I believe no more than 2 dives per day are recommended for altitude dives. And after diving the cold waters of Clear Lake I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't be able to do a third dive anyway. Brrrrr!
Hope I can make it.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
divernick
Aquaphile

Post by divernick »

I'll be there, it's been a couple years since I dove Clear Lake. Bring the warm undergarments everybody....
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Aquachic wrote:ps: thanx Matt for the drysuit info. I'm now a proud owner of my very own drysuit!!wahooo!
suh-weet!! glad that worked out!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

WylerBear wrote:When I get back into town, I'll check my work schedule. If I'm not working I'll probably join you.
Just FYI, it's been awhile since I took the specialty but I believe no more than 2 dives per day are recommended for altitude dives. And after diving the cold waters of Clear Lake I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't be able to do a third dive anyway. Brrrrr!
Hope I can make it.

it would be great to dive with you if you can make it. i honestly didn't know that about altitude dives. i'll have to learn more about it...
narcosis Junky
Aquaphile

Post by narcosis Junky »

Ok, Scubagirl45 when is your birthday? Mine is in Jully two. maybe all these other divers coming up should bring up a treat for us. As far as how many dives? you dive a computer, you can do more than two dives. I have done as many as 5 dives up there in one day. It was a long day with some night dives. If you dive tables, it is recomanded that you dive 2 high altitude dives. Diver nick looking foward to diving with you again. I haven't dove with you in a while. yes the temp is cold. Around 40 degrees. If the sun stays out, 44 is possible. I recomand bringing a thermos with hot water. Or a big drink cooler full of hot water. It's nice to dunk your hands in. And if you dive a wet suit, it's nice to poor the hot water down in the suit. Or dunking your hood before putting it back on. Any ways, I would have loved to have gon to the party up in Washington, But I'm planning on being there on the 16th to the 20th at Sund Rock. it's a long and expensive drive. I'm not willing to do it twice. So come on down and us cheap Oregonians can have our own Club/birthday party :occasion5: :evil4: at Clear lake. Here are a few pics to tease you all. :smt064 :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :partyman:
The boat
The boat
Above and bellow
Above and bellow
great viz
great viz
clear lake 262.jpg
Want to go dive in Oregon. I can help. Biginner or experienced it doesn't matter.
want to do some underwater photography I will help if I can. I'm a dive Junky. Cold or hot.
I spear fish, night dive, deep dive. I do it all. Contact me.
http://flickr.com/photos/8680102@N04/
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

Where is clear lake? I can't find it on google earth. Whats the closest city?
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

narcosis Junky
Aquaphile

Post by narcosis Junky »

Directions. If you are coming from Washington or Portland. Go south on I-5. When you get to Eugene/Springfield you are going to go West on HWY 126 for 1.5 hours. This is known as the McKenzie Hwy. You will se Trail Bridge Reservoir on your left. keep going. you will see Belknap Spring . Keep going. Clear lake will be on your right. Now since most of you are coming from Salem or portland or Washington, I would say go south on I-5 and take Hwy 22 west then turn right on Hwy 20 going West and then South West on Hwy 126. And Clear lake will be on your left. You will pass the exit and the next left will be the entrance.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=E ... 12&start=0

http://maps.google.com/maps/mm?t=h&hl=e ... 77469&z=11>
Attachments
~GE1E7.jpg
Want to go dive in Oregon. I can help. Biginner or experienced it doesn't matter.
want to do some underwater photography I will help if I can. I'm a dive Junky. Cold or hot.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

narcosis Junky wrote: Here are a few pics to tease you ll. :smt064 :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake:
It worked... :smt119 I am so teased.... awesome pics.
narcosis Junky
Aquaphile

Post by narcosis Junky »

I have 100s' of pics like that, I could tease you for the rest of your life. I can't help it, My camera goes every where I go. :supz:
narcosis Junky
Aquaphile

Post by narcosis Junky »

Well, mine is also July 14th and I have to work on my birthday two. I hope that makes you feel better. :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5:
narcosis Junky
Aquaphile

Post by narcosis Junky »

Ok it is officially A Birthday dive for scubagirl45 and Narcosis Junky. At Clear Lake Oregon on Saturday the 12th of July. :partyman: :occasion5: :partyman: :occasion5: :smt035 :smt038 :smt035 :smt038 :partyman: :occasion5:
nice-diver
Compulsive Diver

Post by nice-diver »

i'm there

camp overnite and your body will acculamate to the altitude and you will be good to go.

If you dive altitude on the same day, its like you are doing a repetive dive, so your first splash is like being dive #2

diving clear lake has a range of 30' at the row boat; you can find 60' or so which makes the altitude equivalent (not looking at any tables) like 75'. the water is SOO clear you can bluewater dive it at a sane depth and still get all the enjoyment with out looking like a bulldozerImage
i flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nice-diver/

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather, because it's easier to harrass rich women than motorcycle gangs!
narcosis Junky
Aquaphile

Post by narcosis Junky »

Hey Nice Diver did you forget to tell every one that it is a good idea to stay off the bottom by at least 6 feet. Or you will leave a smoke trail like the one you left behind yourself when you took the picture. #-o #-o ](*,) ](*,) [-X [-X
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

narcosis Junky wrote:Hey Nice Diver did you forget to tell every one that it is a good idea to stay off the bottom by at least 6 feet. Or you will leave a smoke trail like the one you left behind yourself when you took the picture. #-o #-o ](*,) ](*,) [-X [-X
Or learn to frogkick....
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Well, I looked at my schedule and unfortnately have to work. Poor me. Since I've just taken 3 weeks off, I don't think I should take another day off this summer.
Maybe another time...
Hope y'all have fun.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
FlyinV
Dive-aholic

Post by FlyinV »

Wow cool pictures -- I can't wait for a chance to dive there.
Do you need to drysuit this dive?
It does look cold.
Jeff V
Octo Buddy Dive Tours - www.octobuddy.com
narcosis Junky
Aquaphile

Post by narcosis Junky »

Bring a second skin. bring some hot waterr in a cooler and some in a thermos and you can warm up your gloves and hood. The thermos to poor warm water down into your wetsuit. Yes you can dive it in a wetsuit. I have done a lot of dives in Clear Lake in a Hyper strech 7mm. ware extra warm sox in your booties and some kind of long jons under your skin. It will keep you warm. All I wore was my skin and wet suit. It will be hot between dives any ways. Come on up and join us. Here is a little motivation.
line 2 024.jpg
line 2 028.jpg
line 2 039.jpg
FlyinV
Dive-aholic

Post by FlyinV »

:laughing3: You are nuts! :laughing3:

I can't wait to try that.
Jeff V
Octo Buddy Dive Tours - www.octobuddy.com