Viz Reports Wanted

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: Viz Reports Wanted

Post by Tom Nic »

aquaholic24 wrote:Thanks, Tom Nic, for the info--we tried TTN for the first time last night and it was spectacular! Vis was easily 20-30 feet once we got down a bit (around 40 feet and beyond) Saw several ratfish and a red octo along with tons of other cool critters!! Very cool. We'll definitely be diving here again!
You are most welcome! TTN is one of the many very reliable sites that we are blessed with here in the Puget Sound. And I still maintain that the viz will be as good or better than anywhere else in an inner Sound shore dive on any given day. And yes, the ratfish were everywhere yesterday! We easily saw 40 or 50, and that's being conservative.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

aquaholic24 wrote:Thanks, Tom Nic, for the info--we tried TTN for the first time last night and it was spectacular! Vis was easily 20-30 feet once we got down a bit (around 40 feet and beyond) Saw several ratfish and a red octo along with tons of other cool critters!! Very cool. We'll definitely be diving here again!
Were you the couple driving the Rav4? If so, I'm glad that Bassman's directions worked out for your dive and it was nice meeting the two of you!
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

I think this must have been the Husband and Wife team we{Bassman & Car Diver}, met at Three Tree N. Thurday afternoon. :salute:
Glad you had a good dive. Even though the current was not doing its normal "flow to the South".
It was actually flowing North for our dive. Hope that didn't mess you up. It realy does flow South most of the time.
Wait until you get a chance to do a night dive there, It gets even better!
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

cardiver wrote:
Were you the couple driving the Rav4? If so, I'm glad that Bassman's directions worked out for your dive and it was nice meeting the two of you!

Ron! we must have been posting at the same time! :supz:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
aquaholic24
Just Settling In

Post by aquaholic24 »

BASSMAN wrote:
I think this must have been the Husband and Wife team we{Bassman & Car Diver}, met at Three Tree N. Thurday afternoon. :salute:
Glad you had a good dive. Even though the current was not doing its normal "flow to the South".
It was actually flowing North for our dive. Hope that didn't mess you up. It realy does flow South most of the time.
Wait until you get a chance to do a night dive there, It gets even better!
Yeah, we were laughing at ourselves once we got down with the current, thinking, "crap, we must have misunderstood his directions." Glad to know that we're not (so) crazy! Hoping to hit TTN again on Thursday evening...thanks again! :smt038
"Here's a good tip for when you go to the beach: A sand dollar may look like a nice cracker that someone left, but trust me, they don't taste like it."

Jack Handy
divergirl07
Avid Diver

Post by divergirl07 »

Anyone seen what it looks like at Les Davies or anywhere on Ruston way for that matter??- Last time I was there it looked like moldy milk =(
"Life is short.......... I want it all ...NOW!!"
olyvtx
Dive-aholic

Post by olyvtx »

dove lobster shop wall with raptor666 last week...vis was milky first 20-30ft. (~10-15ft vis) but pretty good at the wall and below (~20+ft vis). That was the best vis i've seen all year!

Dove fox island west wall on 8/31 and south of solo point on 9/1....very poor vis (10ft vis max), a lot of sediment and green crud in the water.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

I went by LD this afternoon and it didn't look too bad. Nothing to shout about but at least it didn't look like a cold latte! Standing onshore I could see there is still allot of stuff suspended in the water but you could see a good 10 to 15' down to the bottom. It's pretty much a timing thing there. If you can catch it when the river is flowing toward Seattle your good but it can change quickly.
nwbobber
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by nwbobber »

Ok, I need to know if the whale snot has settled out leaving us with crystal green waters. Any body been anywhere?
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading - Lao Tzu