Anyone in for the traditional Alki Wednesdays (Aug 16)

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Anyone in for the traditional Alki Wednesdays (Aug 16)

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

Well?
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

Yup. Few folks from ScubaBoard are meeting there tomorrow. I think it's 6'sh but I'll check.

'Quatch
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I'll be there on Wednesday!
jlehigh
Frequent Bubbler

Post by jlehigh »

The wife and I ended up missing last Weds (Wife was ill), but we will be there tonight and on Wednesday if all goes well.

We'll probably arrive just before 7..
Hermit "D" Crab
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Yeah, I'm in!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Yes to Club Wednesday this week. :bounce: Next week, not likely. Supposed to go to Ross Lake, but work might get in the way. If work does, then next week is a-go.

:rr:
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Ok, 6:45ish for me.
epuffy
Just Settling In

Post by epuffy »

I want to go... but i've been dealing with a root canal ](*,)

And if you don't know already, a toothache gets 10 times worse when you dive. I learned that 2 weeks ago... even vicadin didn't help.
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

I gotta bail tonight all. Until next time.
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

I will be there tonight. I hope by 6:30, but I have to go back to the Eastside to get my tanks, and finish setting up my harness. Ughhh!!! I so tried to avoid this late afternoon drive to/from the Eastside but UWS - Seattle was most unhelpful about filling my tanks today. Thank goodness for the small shop, Fifth Dimension.
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

epuffy wrote:I want to go... but i've been dealing with a root canal ](*,)

And if you don't know already, a toothache gets 10 times worse when you dive. I learned that 2 weeks ago... even vicadin didn't help.
ouch; dude! i rememer reading in my scuba diver materials something about fillings and holes in teeth being potential problems. not like a root canal doesn't hurt anyway! :pale: hope you heal quickly!

heard you saw an octo recently - that is so cool!!! \:D/
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
epuffy
Just Settling In

Post by epuffy »

thelawgoddess wrote:ouch; dude! i rememer reading in my scuba diver materials something about fillings and holes in teeth being potential problems.
Crap, I must have missed that chapter in the book!!
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Calvin, Nailer (and Cuppie Maverick for that matter) - what happened to you guys tonight? I was there, but didn't see you-all. Well, it doesn't really matter. I could not have dove anyhow. I was going to dive doubles, but as I was gearing up, realized the yokes on my first stages (Oceanic) would not fit onto the valves (OMS). ](*,) I am hoping UWS- Seattle has wider yokes to install in the morning so I dive Thursday. If they do/I can dive \:D/, hopefully someone else besides will want to dive Cove 2. \:D/ I cannot do Mukilteo (too much screwing around today getting ready to dive tonight - have to work until 6 tomorrow). See ya....

Rich
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Urrr- sorry we missed you, Rich- I was there from 5:30 until 6 trying to find a parking spot. The place was packed with Divers- I think there was an Orca bait gathering from Scuba board as well? I didn't see any NWDC people, so I called Calvin and we decided to hit the junkyard instead....didn't realize you were gonna be there later.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

Lots of divers there after I got out. I splashed at 6:45 but there were only a trio of DIR suiting up ahead of me. Didn't think they were NWDC but I didn't ask.

Good dive, though. Spent some time looking for six gill sign but didn't see any at the i-beams so cruised around the Honey Bucket for a while doing a circular search exercise. Pretty fun with that viz today.

Sorry I missed everyone!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Yep, it was pretty much all Nailer's fault :violent3:

I called him and he said no one showed and so we decided to try something a little different. I'm sorry we didn't catch you! Mav, Cuppie, were you there?
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Squatch, I think I saw you. You looked a tad familiar, but wasn't sure why you seemed familiar. Didn't see anyone else around, so figured the dive was moved or scrubbed. Were you in a Ford truck or full size Bronco? I was in the black 4/Runner just a couple of spots ahead, trying to get my reg.s to work on those doubles in the back of my truck.

Rich
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

Diver_C wrote:Squatch, I think I saw you. You looked a tad familiar, but wasn't sure why you seemed familiar.
:evil4: i find it difficult to tell people apart when they're all suited up and only their face is showing, particularly when everybody is wearing all black and their faces are all contorted by their hoods!
my FLICKR photo sets
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

This may be a stupid question, but it seems that there are LOTS of groups who dive Wednesday nights at Cove 2. What if club dives were moved to Thursday? More parking, less crouded, etc? Of course, this is coming from the guy who can't seem to catch a break and has only been out a handfull of times since getting my gear. Eventually, as long as I can avoid car accidents, I'll be there!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

hey sounder, there's another thread about starting a thursday dive at mukilteo. i'm going to the t-dock tonight. (well, this afternoon.) feel free to join us! (or if you can't come that early; i'd be keen to do a 2nd dive when we're done - limited by depth and darkness, of course.) :hello2:
my FLICKR photo sets
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

Yeah, Rich, that was me! I thought you looked familiar, too. We met at the John Rawlings presentation.

That's too bad you couldn't dive. That was a small window of opportunity right near seven o'clock where there weren't that many divers stirring up the bottom. You were the only one there then besides me. I had to dive solo but no big deal.

Next time I'll fly my NWDC flag! :bounce:
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Squatch - that's right (John's presentation), I remember now.

The problem with the parking has nothing to do with the diving - it's the water taxi commuters. The taxi runs monday through friday. After 6:10, the parking starts to get much better. I was there at 6:30 and found parking right away, and right in front of the Cove 2. Trying to meet up for diving prior to 6:15 will result in parking problems.

Rich