Lost in Cove 3: Suunto SK7

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Lost in Cove 3: Suunto SK7

Post by dsteding »

It dropped off my wrist somewhere in the middle of Cove 3, above about 45 fsw or so. If found, I'd love to have it back, although this one is a long-shot for sure.

Case of favorite beer or otherwise applicable reward to finder . . .
jlehigh
Frequent Bubbler

Post by jlehigh »

Bummer..

The wife and I will probably dive cove 3 tonight. I'll keep my eyes out for it.. We will start the dive on the right end of the cove at about 25 fsw and head toward the pillars. I think we may see some of the 45 fsw areas..
Hermit "D" Crab
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

That sucks. I left a pair of Apollo fins at Seacrest a few months ago and never did find them. I'll keep an eye out.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

You should post it in the lost and found area of the NW Diver board too. Good luck - that sucks. ](*,)
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

jlehigh wrote:Bummer..

The wife and I will probably dive cove 3 tonight. I'll keep my eyes out for it.. We will start the dive on the right end of the cove at about 25 fsw and head toward the pillars. I think we may see some of the 45 fsw areas..
If you find it, that would be amazing, it could be anywhere from the shallows on out to 45 fsw, but no deeper than that-we limited the dive to less than 40 feet at lowish tide.

Ironically, this was lost on a search and recovery training dive. . . we were looking for Bob Bailey's beloved cinder block with a dive flag painted on it (we found it) and then we lifted it using a bag and swam it to the surface. The second part of the dive was a shallow water search pattern using a reel and line (connected to the now-found cinder block on shore) to find a dropped weight pouch. A really good exercise.

We thought about doing a night search and recovery dive for the compass, but figured the chances of finding it were slim . . .
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Search and Recovery

Post by Pez7378 »

See Doug, theres value in what we learned. The next time someone needs you to dive for their lost whatever, you can charge them the price of a SK7. That's really a bummer about your compass. I hope someone finds it for you.
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Re: Search and Recovery

Post by dsteding »

Pez7378 wrote:See Doug, theres value in what we learned. The next time someone needs you to dive for their lost whatever, you can charge them the price of a SK7. That's really a bummer about your compass. I hope someone finds it for you.
Yeah, such is life. I'm diving with a friend on Thursday, she's doing her first drysuit dive, and maybe we'll do a mellow dive in Cove 3 . . . and I'll be able to keep my eyes out for it . . .

All things considered, loosing the compass but getting a chance to take Bob's class was a good trade off.

Let's dive soon.
lamont
I've Got Gills

Post by lamont »

we didn't see it between 100-120 fsw tonight...
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

lamont wrote:we didn't see it between 100-120 fsw tonight...
Cool-I'll scratch that area off of places to search, thanks Lamont.