OCTOBER 25-26 T-Shirt Club DIve!!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: OCTOBER 25-26 T-Shirt Club DIve!!

Post by Penopolypants »

Scubagirl45 wrote:Good questions Scott! I was also wondering about the food plans (what should we bring to share, what are we on our own for?) I've never been to the Yellow House :dontknow:
Definitely plan to share for the BBQ on Saturday. There is a grill there and I am assuming a stove/oven/fridge in the house, so if you needed to cook you could do that. I would try to have something ready beforehand if possible though so there's not a run on the kitchen.

Bring what snacks you want and probably sandwiches for lunch during the day. Uh....dinner out on Friday? If people want to pitch in food, I'll make scrambled eggs, toast, grits and whatnot for breakfast for everyone staying at the house/bunkhouse. I'll bring the grits! :)

Do we need to start a "who's bringing what" list?
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

So what about those of us who want shirts but won't be able to make the Octoberfest Diving Xtravaganza?

I gotta teach that week-end ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Okay here goes the who brings what list.

Friday fend for yourself day, how's that sound. Cuppie and I will be eating dinner at the Model "T" in hoodsport, mmmmm good.

this thread will be for the saturday club BBQ Lunch only those who are staying at the yellow house please see the lodging thread for weekend food list. Again this is only for the BBQ saturday at 1pm Grill turns on at 1pm and will run till we are FINISHed

Okay so who is bringing what?

I will start.

Maverick-Bratwursts and Buns
Cuppie-Brocolli salad
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

I will bring a 4pack of chicken doggies and some fruit (sliced watermelon anyone?!!?)
Discussing the Whites Fusion: "Looks like you are wearing a startrek leotard with bunched-up undies..." -Airsix

"fins are like shoes....you can never have enough pairs." -Lizard0924
rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

I will bring some veggie burgers (does anyone need any besides the hubby and myself?). I'll also bring either a pasta salad or a bean salad (the bean salad is seriously good, even for you non-bean lovers like myself).
Lophiiformes rock.

"Anal fins are a gateway drug." - Tom Nic
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

rjarnold wrote:I will bring some veggie burgers (does anyone need any besides the hubby and myself?). I'll also bring either a pasta salad or a bean salad (the bean salad is seriously good, even for you non-bean lovers like myself).
I am a meat burger person myself, but a few of my friends are vegans (LMAO) and I would like to try a veggie burger. they have made me curious if these things are any good or just because they feel like a burger.
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

STAIRS.
oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

Being a recovering vegetarian myself (if it doesn't look like chicken, then I am ok, otherwise I turn green) I managed to get my RED MEAT husband hooked on gardenburgers. Cracks me the hell up!
Discussing the Whites Fusion: "Looks like you are wearing a startrek leotard with bunched-up undies..." -Airsix

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

if you're not expecting it to take like a real beef burger, some of those veggie burgers can be pretty tasty, for what they are.
rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

spatman wrote:if you're not expecting it to take like a real beef burger, some of those veggie burgers can be pretty tasty, for what they are.
Yeah, my favorites are the pizza basil burger, the garden medley burger (this is seriously some good stuff), and the black bean mexican one... They really are pretty good these days. The best thing to come along lately though are the Quorn products. Instead of being soy based, they're fungi-based and can mimic some of the textures better AND taste really good. Some of my non-veggie friends *prefer* the chicken nuggets over the 'real' stuff.

I'll be sure to bring a few types of the burgers along for some people to try.
Lophiiformes rock.

Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Scubagirl45 wrote:I can bring bacon and/or sausage for breakfasts, and I'm thinking a blueberry cake or dessert of some sort for the potluck lunch on Saturday.
mm cake
Maverick

STAIRS.
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

I will bring potato/corn chips and dip/salsa. I love chips.
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

I'm not familliar with the area. Anyone know what tables to use for current/ tide predictions?
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

don't use any tables just dive, there are very few days in the canal that you will feel current.
Maverick

STAIRS.
rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

Maverick wrote:don't use any tables just dive, there are very few days in the canal that you will feel current.

Dang I cannot wait for this! All the diving I want! Woot. Giving a presentation down in southern Oregon this weekend so hopefully I'll be able to catch up with some of you soon after (for payments and such).
Lophiiformes rock.

ulisses
Getting To Know Folks

Post by ulisses »

Hi:

What are the dive times? I'm planing to arrive on Sat but if the dives are going to be early in the morning I might prefer to arrive Friday night instead.

Or it is just going to be dive as you go???? =D>

What is the per head $$$$ for the reservation?

See you there guys to meet you all ... \:D/

Ulisses
Keep wet!
sparky
I've Got Gills

Re: OCTOBER 25-26 T-Shirt Club Dive!!

Post by sparky »

HEY MAV GUESS WHAT
I am going to be coming up for the weekend but we Will not arrive until late Friday evening
I am staying with a couple guys from down my way Bob is a NWD Club member and our buddy Tony we dive with often

so I hope for your sake there is some chili on the menu or I'm going to hold you underwater until you stop wiggling LOL
see you then what is the dive plan for sund rock fill me in
never ind kissing Cupie for me I'm going to do it myself Saturday

Sparky

so there wil be three divers in my party
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

Maverick wrote:The list so far is:

Maverick
Cuppie
Oregondiver (now you can meet Cuppie)
Ulisses
Rjarnold (X2)
dieseldude
scottsax (fronting the money man)
P-pants (BBQ/table Babe)
Spatman
Kalatin
Tom Nic (and Wife?)
Ab219 (real name?)
Sheri (nailers class Mate)
GetWet
nwbobber
Billz
Scubadoobado
Scubagirl45

If i missed you then tell me or add yourslef
+ Fishstiq.

Edit- Maybe..... family stuff might have just come up. :dontknow:
Last edited by Fishstiq on Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Just for clarity's sake, as we're all posting what we're doing.

-Bassman and myself will be coming up early THURSDAY for 3 dives, heading back in time to get fills in Tacoma / Lakewood. We are starting the party EARLY, and if you want to join us you are welcome.

-FRIDAY Bassman and myself will be coming up fairly early for at least 3 dives then a night dive after dinner / BBQ / whatever. My guess is that we'll get there around 9 AM, though I may push for a bit earlier arrival. If anyone wants to join us or needs a buddy just show up and say "howdy!" Bassman will have to bail a bit early to get back for work that evening, but I'll be around. I understand that BNBOLY is not able to make that weekend.

-Because we live in Lakewood and are only 50 minutes from Sund we are not going to stay overnight, but will be hanging out with everyone whereever you end up hanging out! By the time you figure gas and fills it will be a bit cheaper for us.

-Saturday I plan on getting there a bit later but still doing a couple of dives and hanging out, though I won't be staying late. As to the women - well, we'll just have to see what Mrs. Tom Nic's mood is! Hopefully she will come at least some of the time as well.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

I'm planning on coming but didn't see my name on the list. Whether I dive or not depends on my little petrie dishes at home who are now getting colds.I'm pumpung the Vit C and airborne.
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

I am already on the list as being there...
but I will have two friends coming (they are camping at Potlatch) Pat & Krista from the Tri Cities area.

Can't wait for this Friday!
Shell

Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

I'll be there, but it is looking more like just for Saturday. No, will not be around for the bbq/dinner.
Last edited by Diver_C on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Cuppie-Brocolli salad
Maverick-brats and buns
oregondiver-fruit salad/ chicken doggies
rjarnold-pasta salad, bean salad
scubagirl- cake
ORdiver-chips and dip

Well come on guys this is the BBQ food list so far, who's throwing down or what. there has to be more food to eat I get hungry when i dive. sparky what are you bringing, Tom, Keith, Richard, fishstig, hello are you guys planning on eating or what. :bounce:
Maverick

STAIRS.
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

Sorry to interrupt the food discussion but I was wondering if anyone wants to carpool up from Oregon on Saturday morning? I was planning on just coming up for the day.
oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

Maverick wrote:Cuppie-Brocolli salad
Maverick-brats and buns
oregondiver-fruit salad/ chicken doggies
rjarnold-pasta salad, bean salad
scubagirl- cake
ORdiver-chips and dip

Well come on guys this is the BBQ food list so far, who's throwing down or what. there has to be more food to eat I get hungry when i dive. sparky what are you bringing, Tom, Keith, Richard, fishstig, hello are you guys planning on eating or what. :bounce:
I think had home made salsa and chips, plus a 4pack of chicken dogs. OK, will bring some zuchini bread too, for snacking between dives.
Shell

dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

The three of us are planning to be there on Saturday. What's the situation on parking, and what time do we need to be there?
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com