OCTOBER 25-26 T-Shirt Club DIve!!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: OCTOBER 25-26 T-Shirt Club DIve!!

Post by Tom Nic »

Maverick wrote:Cuppie-Brocolli salad
Maverick-brats and buns
oregondiver-fruit salad/ chicken doggies
rjarnold-pasta salad, bean salad
scubagirl- cake
ORdiver-chips and dip

Well come on guys this is the BBQ food list so far, who's throwing down or what. there has to be more food to eat I get hungry when i dive. sparky what are you bringing, Tom, Keith, Richard, fishstig, hello are you guys planning on eating or what. :bounce:
HI Mav,
Is this the Saturday BBQ?
Keith and I will be there Friday night, and if there's a BBQ we can bring stuff, or we may just pull up a chair at your nice little romantic dinner with Cuppie and interrupt all that sweet talk with some diving in the Red Sea talk! :supz:

If Saturday I'll probably bring a big thing of salad & fruit - yeah, you read right, salad and fruit. (Keith won't be there Saturday) I'm not eating anything but greens for a serious while... 35 lbs down, 65 to go! \:D/

Should be a fun weekend!!

Anybody coming Thursday besides Keith and I? We'll get to dive before it get's all stirred up!! :smt064

-Tom Nic
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

dwashbur wrote:The three of us are planning to be there on Saturday. What's the situation on parking, and what time do we need to be there?
BTW, here's a viz report from Sund!!! http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5908

Dave, if you mean parking at the Rock, my guess is get there as early as you can, pay your fee at Hoodsportndive and grab your spot. If you mean the Saturday BBQ check out the lodging thread - there was info there. If I remember right parking at the Yellow House is for those who are staying there only, but you can park at the dive shop across the street - mind you this is from memory, so double check.
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
cmason
Just Settling In

Post by cmason »

+ cmason

I can bring shrimp! They're yummy.

Is anyone else planning on diving Friday? I'm skipping out on work so I was planning on being up there mid-day Friday.

-c
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

I'm shooting for being there between 1 and 2 on Friday, depending on how much packing I can get done Thursday night. I can stop at Costco and pick up burgers and buns, if someone wants to do the condiment thing....
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

cmason wrote:Is anyone else planning on diving Friday? I'm skipping out on work so I was planning on being up there mid-day Friday.

-c
Diving all day Friday! Should be there no later than 10 or 11.
oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

I should be leaving ptown around 1pm on Friday, so up there about 330pm and ready to dive!
Discussing the Whites Fusion: "Looks like you are wearing a startrek leotard with bunched-up undies..." -Airsix

"fins are like shoes....you can never have enough pairs." -Lizard0924
oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

Who else was planning on doing dinner at the Yellow house on Saturday?
I was bringing freshly made pesto with fresh peccorino romano (yes, I bring cheese grater camping in idaho even!) or ssagio. I was bringing enough for 8 people. Oh yea, and it has enough garlic to hold off the vampires!

Someone was bringing pasta (wheat maybe?)
Someone was bringing bread and salad.
And someone was bringing copious amounts of red wine. I was going to bring a bottle of Oregon Reisling (or Muller Thurgau yum!) at the bare minimum.
Shell
Discussing the Whites Fusion: "Looks like you are wearing a startrek leotard with bunched-up undies..." -Airsix

"fins are like shoes....you can never have enough pairs." -Lizard0924
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Tom Nic wrote:
dwashbur wrote:The three of us are planning to be there on Saturday. What's the situation on parking, and what time do we need to be there?
BTW, here's a viz report from Sund!!! http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5908

Dave, if you mean parking at the Rock, my guess is get there as early as you can, pay your fee at Hoodsportndive and grab your spot. If you mean the Saturday BBQ check out the lodging thread - there was info there. If I remember right parking at the Yellow House is for those who are staying there only, but you can park at the dive shop across the street - mind you this is from memory, so double check.
I was just talking about the dive(s). Last I had heard, somebody was going to try and get a group rate for the parking. I guess that didn't happen. What time are the dives supposed to be on Saturday?
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

dwashbur wrote: What time are the dives supposed to be on Saturday?
I don't think that there are organized "times". I think it's "show up, hang out, have fun, and dive!"

Most folks will have paid the entry fee and be down at the site, hanging out, talking, and diving! Wear your T-Shirts if you have 'em, bring coin to pick up one of you haven't.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

dwashbur wrote:I was just talking about the dive(s). Last I had heard, somebody was going to try and get a group rate for the parking. I guess that didn't happen. What time are the dives supposed to be on Saturday?
They wouldn't give a discount for the group, and there weren't enough people confirmed to cut into the approximate maximum cost, so it was decided folks would fend for themselves. With the number confirmed, it would've been $10 per diver more if I'd bought out the parking lot....

Usually with club dives, we meet at 9 and splash at 10 or 10:30 for the first dive, 12 or 12:30 for the second, then BBQ after. And the hard cores can do #3 after they eat, around 4 or so.

I expect it will be pretty loose, though.
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Well it truns out I will not e going after all I chose this weekk to get sick ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
so far this week i have missed 3 days of work and i just called off for tomorrow
as well i think I have a touch of the Flu and i ws so looking foward to seing everyone.

but i dont think getting in the water with a feveor would be a good idea
so lets hope I get better soon and can sneak away for a day of diving

sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
babs13
Dive-aholic

Post by babs13 »

Tom Nic wrote:
Maverick wrote:Cuppie-Brocolli salad
Maverick-brats and buns
scubagirl- cake
ORdiver-chips and dip

Well come on guys this is the BBQ food list so far, who's throwing down or what. there has to be more food to eat I get hungry when i dive. sparky what are you bringing, Tom, Keith, Richard, fishstig, hello are you guys planning on eating or what. :bounce:
HI Mav,
Is this the Saturday BBQ?
Keith and I will be there Friday night, and if there's a BBQ we can bring stuff, or we may just pull up a chair at your nice little romantic dinner with Cuppie and interrupt all that sweet talk with some diving in the Red Sea talk! :supz:

If Saturday I'll probably bring a big thing of salad & fruit - yeah, you read right, salad and fruit. (Keith won't be there Saturday) I'm not eating anything but greens for a serious while... 35 lbs down, 65 to go! \:D/

Should be a fun weekend!!

Anybody coming Thursday besides Keith and I? We'll get to dive before it get's all stirred up!! :smt064

-Tom Nic
Uh...like yah...some serious Red Sea talk needed here. :supz:

I'll bring some welcomed booze and croissants or muffins or something. :partyman:

I'm stoked!
Step 1: I have a diving problem.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Cuppie-Brocolli salad
Maverick-brats and buns
scubagirl- cake
ORdiver-chips and dip
scottsax-burgers and buns, plus I'll make a liquor store run on the way.

scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Oh yeah-did I mention I'm bringing a guitar? We can do the "Best of NWDC lyrics" singalong...

Start sending me requests....

Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Between being sick all week and an unexpected deadline at work, I'm going to have to bail. I'm really sorry everyone, but I feel dreadful.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Scubagirl45 wrote: Sorry to hear you're not feeling well :crybaby:
Me too! :)

This means, though, that a bunk has opened up if anyone needs a place to stay. Looking for someone to take my spot....any takers?
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Kalatin
Dive-aholic

Post by Kalatin »

Coleslaw is still vacant? I will bring coleslaw and some chip-like foods.
PP, you will be missed. Feel better soon.
"Another marathon, rush hour trek to foolishly compress myself and risk bodily harm and/or death to look at fishies!!! I love it!" - Casey B.
"The circle of life is a bitch when you're hungry." - Sockmonkey
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

i know what you mean about not feeling well I have been sicker then a dog all week
my self hope you guys take lots and lots of pictures

I know Bob and Tony the guys i was going to be going up with are stil in and really looking foward to the trip
Bob is a club member and he and i are trying to convince Tony he needs to join so every one make them feel welcome for me

both of them are grate dive buddys and a lot of fun to dive with

i had given some thought to just going along and hanging out on the surface but we all know that i would end up ni the water if i tryed that

I hope every one has a good time and enjoy your self
Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
bob
Avid Diver

Post by bob »

count bob tony@ maby sparky :supz:
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Hi,
I see that this is a 'club' dive at Sund Rock this weekend (25/26th).
Which club?

If I come up solo, would it be an issue/problem to dive on the 26th?

Thanks,

MZ
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
BillZ
Aquanaut

Post by BillZ »

Crap, we're going to have to bail. I have an work meeting in Montreal and have to take an early flight on Sunday. I hope everybody has a great time!

Bill
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

mz53480 wrote:Hi,
I see that this is a 'club' dive at Sund Rock this weekend (25/26th).
Which club?

If I come up solo, would it be an issue/problem to dive on the 26th?

Thanks,

MZ
Hey MZ!

Welcome to the club! It's just an excuse for a bunch of us NWDC folks to go out of town and dive. You're absolutely welcome to come and dive-I'm sure there's lots of buddies available.

Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

I'll be leaving Saturday night so If you wanna get your shirts make sure you guys make it out there by saturday evening say around 5pm at the latest. See yah all there tomorrow or saturday at the BBQ
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

So I can pay for my shirts/lodging with a check, right?

I'm bringing:

Veggie burgers/dogs for the BBQ
Bean Salad for the BBQ
White wine for Saturday night
Pasta for Saturday night

If I missed something PLEASE let me know!
Lophiiformes rock.

"Anal fins are a gateway drug." - Tom Nic
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

rjarnold wrote:So I can pay for my shirts/lodging with a check, right?

I'm bringing:

Veggie burgers/dogs for the BBQ
Bean Salad for the BBQ
White wine for Saturday night
Pasta for Saturday night

If I missed something PLEASE let me know!
Yes butt two checks, different people. thank you
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.