OCTOBER 25-26 T-Shirt Club DIve!!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Maverick
I've Got Gills

OCTOBER 25-26 T-Shirt Club DIve!!

Post by Maverick »

Okay Guys i had alot of people wanting T-shirts so i will get them made and Distribute them at this Club dive. if you are not able to make it then have a friend buy them for you.

they will be sold all day on Saturday and till Noon on sunday, as that is when i will head home to rest before work on monday. I may leave some with a trusted buddy if they are to stay longer. But in the past the group usually fades out by noon and everyone rolls home.

We should plan on having the BBQ going from 1pm-10pm. that way we will always beable to eat and dive. I will have the rock reserved so we can leave our BBQ's there at Sund rock and tables set up so we can have lunch dive and then eat and BS (my favorite part) and then dive and night dive too.

I have a Lantern and Crab cooker for a huge pot of Chili. and yes I will make it Heart burn free this time. . . sorry for forgetting the sugar last time, Sugar will kill the burn. Or I may make a Jewish Dumpling soup instead . No not Mazta Ball soup. I still have my huge 40qt pot, so there will be lots again.

Keep the ideas coming this will be fun. :occasion5:
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Re: OCTOBER 25-26 T-Shirt Club DIve!!

Post by scottsax »

Camping/hotel locations or recommendations?
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
nwbobber
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by nwbobber »

Ok sounds good. I have a camp chef two burner, and a couple dutch ovens I would be happy to bring. Anyone interested in renting a house for the weekend?
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading - Lao Tzu
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Contact Rest Awhile and they will take care of you. they have camp spot, and bunk houses. I am staying at my cabin so i will leave it up to Others to plan the Camping, but i will organize the BBQ and T-SHIRTS \:D/ \:D/
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

STAIRS.
oregondiver
Submariner

beer baby...beer dammit!

Post by oregondiver »

OK, onto the beer question:

I buy my beer normally below retail. Don't ask me why we drink so much...but we do. Or we just buy in bulk. There is a 5 case minimum. So if someone wanted me to be the beer getter, I will give you the deets on prices. It has to be by the case. And I will probably buy a few cases for home use. So even if the group wanted only 2 cases, I am sure I can git'er done.

I usually buy from Mt Beverage Distributing or Columbia Distributing. Cost per bottle of most microbrews is under $1. Or peeps can get the PBR/Coors/Michelob if they wanted to cut costs even more. #-o Entirely up to y'all whether you want me to buy stuff by the case or whether folks just want to bring beer to share....I am usually asleep by 7pm, so I will probably miss most of the nightime festivities, but doesn't mean I don't mind helping create them! :supz:

St Paulie...under $1 per bottle is one of the ones I remember. Same with Lagunitas Ale and Wyders Hard Cider.
shell
Discussing the Whites Fusion: "Looks like you are wearing a startrek leotard with bunched-up undies..." -Airsix

"fins are like shoes....you can never have enough pairs." -Lizard0924
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Dangit, you picked a weekend that I'll be in SF. ](*,)
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Re: beer baby...beer dammit!

Post by scottsax »

oregondiver wrote:OK, onto the beer question:

I buy my beer normally below retail. Don't ask me why we drink so much...but we do. Or we just buy in bulk. There is a 5 case minimum. So if someone wanted me to be the beer getter, I will give you the deets on prices. It has to be by the case. And I will probably buy a few cases for home use. So even if the group wanted only 2 cases, I am sure I can git'er done.

I usually buy from Mt Beverage Distributing or Columbia Distributing. Cost per bottle of most microbrews is under $1. Or peeps can get the PBR/Coors/Michelob if they wanted to cut costs even more. #-o Entirely up to y'all whether you want me to buy stuff by the case or whether folks just want to bring beer to share....I am usually asleep by 7pm, so I will probably miss most of the nightime festivities, but doesn't mean I don't mind helping create them! :supz:

St Paulie...under $1 per bottle is one of the ones I remember. Same with Lagunitas Ale and Wyders Hard Cider.
shell
Hmm...I'm liking the idea of renting a house, and post-funking there after the dives! Could be a very fun weekend...
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

man, i hope i can make it...
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Guys contact rest a while resort and then ask for the bunk house it sleeps thirteen people. and its cheap and you have access to a gear room and rinse station. also there are a few cabins in the potlatch area that are rentable. but restawhile is diver friendly and the yellow house is full i already checked.
Maverick

STAIRS.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

A bunk house might be cool, but I was looking at the Glen Ayr Resort or this cabin at Lake Cushman.

There's other places around there that cater to divers as well....

More research is definitely in order. Any preliminary numbers of attendees?

BUZO71
Aquaphile

Post by BUZO71 »

Ok, I missed it... where is it going to be? BTW, isn't that around DEMA????
Fortes fortuna iuvat
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

BUZO71 wrote:Ok, I missed it... where is it going to be? BTW, isn't that around DEMA????
Sund Rock is the plan.

DEMA is October 22-25

Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Well, Wylerbear and I fly out to Florida on that day, but since we're going CAVE DIVING I'll guess we'll just have to miss you guys this time around.

-Valerie
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Since Calvin , Valerie and others who are really awesome can't make it should we replan? ](*,)
Maverick

STAIRS.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Maverick wrote:Since Calvin , Valerie and others who are really awesome can't make it should we replan? ](*,)
How about anytime after Nov. 1?
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Pez7378 wrote:
Maverick wrote:Since Calvin , Valerie and others who are really awesome can't make it should we replan? ](*,)
How about anytime after Nov. 1?
dangit, i'll be out of town nov 1-8...
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

That's okay, it's hard to find a date that is going to work for everyone. Wylerbear and I will be out of town until November 6 (I think?). Besides, did I mention we'd be CAVE DIVING!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Valerie :supz:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Val, what are you going to be doing in FL? :dontknow:
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Okay we will leave it on Oct 25-6 because I can go and so can others. so if you miss it PM me and we can get you a shirt. But please PM after the Dive so i don't have a bombardment of PM's to reply to. because my ansswer will be i can get them to you after the club dive.
MAV
Maverick

STAIRS.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Yup, I'm out too - I'll be at DEMA.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Just go into user cp and add the group, Doug.
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

cardiver wrote:Just go into user cp and add the group, Doug.
I think this was accidently posted in the wrong forum... FWIW, I've added the group but the forum still appears to be locked.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Sounder wrote:
cardiver wrote:Just go into user cp and add the group, Doug.
I think this was accidently posted in the wrong forum... FWIW, I've added the group but the forum still appears to be locked.
that's something a moderator will have to change.
dieseldude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by dieseldude »

I've never been to Sund Rock before-I searched it & found Hood Sport'n Dive & they charge beach fees-will we need to pay these? I f we don't stay overnight where is the parking? Do you have an address for the meeting place? Do we pay for parking? More info please!
MJ
" What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

dieseldude wrote:I've never been to Sund Rock before-I searched it & found Hood Sport'n Dive & they charge beach fees-will we need to pay these? I f we don't stay overnight where is the parking? Do you have an address for the meeting place? Do we pay for parking? More info please!
MJ
The tentative plan is to reserve the parking lot for us all day on Saturday. How much that will cost is not known at this point. My plan is to get a list of names of those who'll be attending, and prepay the fee. Y'all can reimburse me when you get there.

We'll post complete details as they come, probably followed by an all-encompassing post with everything.