DIVE PLAN for 02/25

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

DIVE PLAN for 02/25

Post by Dave »

Sunrise beach!!!!
2006-02-25 12:07 PM PST 1.57 knots Max Flood
2006-02-25 2:20 PM PST -0.00 knots Slack, Ebb Begins

In the water at 12 noon SHARP!!! dive two around 1 and we are in for a couple of nice low current activity dives but we can not alter the plan so it is absolutely crucial that everyone is on time. If anyone interested would confirm a.s.a.p I would appreciate it. If you have never dove Sunrise you are in for a major treat!!! I consider this by far the best shore dive I have done in Puget Sound!!!!

:wav:
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
wallyc72
Dive-aholic

Post by wallyc72 »

Would LOVE to be there, BUT ..... I have open water check outs that weekend..
Wally
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

Hey a sacrifice for the greater good, what can you do? Hope to see you in the water soon...
:partyman:
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Damnit!!! I cant make it that weekend... thats one of my favorite dives!!!! If you grab some urchins at the top of the reef.. you can make some wolf eel buddies... :partyman:
Who run barter town?
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

We rotate Sunrise into the weekends pretty often so we will be sure to see you there next time....
:bounce:
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

thats good!!! I will make it next time... We should plan a trip to neah bay area with a stop at lk crescent...
Who run barter town?
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I'm in like Flynn :supz:
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

Cool Calvin!! So far it's me and you and Ryan is about as regular as the tides so I would imagine we can count him in although he hasn't confirmed yet.
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

diverdown wrote:thats good!!! I will make it next time... We should plan a trip to neah bay area with a stop at lk crescent...
That might be cool do you have any links to those areas???
:book:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Dave, can you post the directions to Sunrise here please? :book:
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

never dove this site but would love to some time . i am not sure if i could make it just yet have to see what the wife has planed for next weekend

Although the Boss Dude was talking about working saturday to, I hope not but need the OT

here is a link with Directions to sunrise

http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/USA_We ... /index.htm

My question is why do you guys dive so late on saturdays ?

if you started for the morning flood or slack you could get atleast 1 or 2 more dives in,

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

I have dove this area before its mostly shore diving... lots of life and real good vis.. need to watch the tide exchange though it is the strait.. lots of ocean surge.. best part is that pull the car over and jump in.. there is camping and hotel in that area.. best to go when the salmon arent running popular fishing area.. and then a couple of gear rinse dives at lake crescent.. my personall favorite so bring your boat dave... :supz: I know a good spot to dive the lake with a boat.. 80ft vis wall structure.. lotsa of pop gear and downrigger balls

http://www.curleysresort.com/

lets set somthing up this would be fun :partyman:
Who run barter town?
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

Looks like good directions that Sparky posted in his link!! We have to dive Sunrise when it will let us Sparky, so as slack times change so do the times we can dive not only Sunrise but most sites around the narrows...

Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

Ryan can't dive Saturday so it looks like me and Calvin so far???
:-({|=
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

I just find out today i am working for sure on Saturday
we have a job to pump 100+ ards of concrete Bummer and I had the wife talked in to letting me dive this weekend too.

oh well maybe next weekend.

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Mikey D
Just Settling In

Can I Come ???

Post by Mikey D »

I have never dove Sunrise, however I have heard many good things about it... What's the drive location & or Directions, and where are you meeting.. :bounce:
The World is my Swimming Pool
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

Mikey you can see the link that Sparky posted , it has good directions. We can either meet there or you are welcome to meet me and Calvin at my house in Des Moines and go in my vehicle, whatever works for you. Calvin is coming in from Bellevue also,,,

sparky wrote:never dove this site but would love to some time . i am not sure if i could make it just yet have to see what the wife has planed for next weekend

Although the Boss Dude was talking about working saturday to, I hope not but need the OT

here is a link with Directions to sunrise

http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/USA_We ... /index.htm

My question is why do you guys dive so late on saturdays ?

if you started for the morning flood or slack you could get atleast 1 or 2 more dives in,

Sparky
da_jab
Aquaphile

Post by da_jab »

Have a nice one guys, too bad I can't join you and I've got a damn flu as well, so I can't go IceHardcoreTechCaveDiving in the Ojamo mine this saturday. :(
So, I guess I'll just intoxicate myself with the fine products of the finnish distilleries, to kill the flu ofcourse. ;)

.Janne
What works, works!
--Sheck Exley
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

That recirculated airplane air will get you every time! ](*,)
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Janne:

Sorry the hear that your ill. I just got over the flu a couple weeks back missed 3 days of work it sucks to be sick

hope your doing beter soon.

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

da_jab wrote: So, I guess I'll just intoxicate myself with the fine products of the finnish distilleries, to kill the flu ofcourse. ;)

.Janne
speaking of alchohol isnt there some sort of drink over there that is banned .. Its effects or more like a drug then a drunk..
Who run barter town?
Mikey D
Just Settling In

Dive this weekend

Post by Mikey D »

I just finished class tonight, I have to make up a Test that I thought I passed ( appearantly not ), so I will be testing this saturday... :vom:
The World is my Swimming Pool
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

Thanks Janne, somehow you avoided the yuk while you were here. I am sure you will be cracking the ice in no time. Some ice dining posts would be cool....

da_jab wrote:Have a nice one guys, too bad I can't join you and I've got a damn flu as well, so I can't go IceHardcoreTechCaveDiving in the Ojamo mine this saturday. :(
So, I guess I'll just intoxicate myself with the fine products of the finnish distilleries, to kill the flu ofcourse. ;)

.Janne
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Dive this weekend

Post by Dave »

Priorities people ,, dive 1st,,,,, o.k. back to earth....hope you pass this time Mikey so you can get your ears wet soon...

Mikey D wrote:I just finished class tonight, I have to make up a Test that I thought I passed ( appearantly not ), so I will be testing this saturday... :vom:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Dave, I got your message. 10AM at your house sounds good. As far as I can tell, its just going to be me, you and Jeff. If anyone else is planning on diving Sunrise tomorrow, please speak up now....or forever hold your peace. :toimonster: