Saturday March 4th dive plan

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Saturday March 4th dive plan

Post by Dave »

I am not sure exactly where we will be diving next Saturday maybe Harper's abandoned Ferry dock
http://www.markerbuoydiveclub.org/dives ... ferry.html
This was suggested by Ryan a couple of weeks ago and I am into doing it. More than likely Ryan and I will be for sures and anyone else who would like to is welcome also......I will check the tides and come up with a definite dive plan a.s.a.p.
Any suggestions or preferences are always good too.
:wav:
Last edited by Dave on Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

this is a pretty good dive i did this one solo when i was working on the hood canal bridge. there is a wreck there that is neat to explore max depth about 35 ft. i seen a few octos and my first sturgeon poacher there..
Who run barter town?
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

I'd be interested in that...
Someone mentioned it today to dive next Sunday...if anyone wants to go.
Is anyone going to Cove 2 on Wed or Thurs nite.
Let me know
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

I will be diving Saturday, if you want to dive next Sunday I would contact Calvin or start a thread for then. He mentioned that Sunday was better for him this week and I can only dive occasionally on Sunday afternoons and when I do it will be close like between Redondo to Alki. I am on for Saturday though and anyone that wants to join just post that you are in. I can carpool up to 5 divers + gear in my truck. I am not sure about Alki this week but may well shoot for Wednesday night, I wont know for sure until Tuesday afternoon....
:partyman:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I won't be sure whether I can make it or not for Sat until this week. I'm waiting to hear back on someone's birthday plans for that day. Until then, I'm open to hearing the suggestions for dive plans this coming weekend. I don't know what can top last Saturday's dive at Sunrise though. =D>
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

Here, here, to that, in fact I am even considering a trip back this Saturday again. I will nail down a FOR SURE destination by this evening...

Calvin wrote:I won't be sure whether I can make it or not for Sat until this week. I'm waiting to hear back on someone's birthday plans for that day. Until then, I'm open to hearing the suggestions for dive plans this coming weekend. I don't know what can top last Saturday's dive at Sunrise though. =D>
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

I'm over in Eastern Washington next weekend visiting my son and his family, but in the near future I'd like to come to some of these Board dives to get to know you all.....that is, if I can stand all the noise that you "bubble-blowers" make underwater! HA! :bootyshake:

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

John Rawlings wrote:.....that is, if I can stand all the noise that you "bubble-blowers" make underwater! HA! :bootyshake:

- John
:prayer: That's gotta be nice using the rebreather!
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

It's fun....but just like anything else there are trade-offs. I dived for over 30 years with open-circuit and I'm suddenly having to get used to an entirely new way of doing things. :-({|=

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

3/5/06 dive 10a.m. at Edmonds Underwater Park

Post by Dave »

As crazy as it sounds the plan for Saturday is Edmonds UWP @10 meeting there.

Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Uhm, that is a crazy plan #-o

What, are you trying to use your doubles to do a 4 hour dive @ 30 feet? :hal
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

it seems Ryan has rigged some kind of double setup and wants to do an easy shallow dive to try them out, hence easy, shallow Edmonds....
](*,)
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

So, does that mean you two won't be coming back to shore until both tanks are empty? :pale:

BTW, are we diving tomorrow night? :bounce:
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

Calvin wrote:So, does that mean you two won't be coming back to shore until both tanks are empty? :pale:

That is my plan, Edmonds is about as safe as it gets for single tankers to head back to shore alone to change tanks, well besides the pool I guess.
:toimonster:

BTW, are we diving tomorrow night? :bounce:
I would like to and I think work should be slow enough for me to leave at a reasonable hour...
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

My first 2 hour single dive accomplished!!!! Granted it was Edmonds but hey 120 minutes bottom time on one dive none the less!! It was actually a pretty nice dive even with being attacked by two crazy cabezons, it's that time of year. I saw a couple of new nudibranchs and a strange black and white fish I have never seen before along with the usual giant rock fish BEAUTIFUL DAY to boot. I am pretty sure we will dive Sunrise again next Saturday but I still need to check the conditions....
=D>
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Aaargh, I'm very frustrated this order I'm working on to get my twins going is taking so long! ](*,)