Dive Cabins and/or trips to the San Juan Islands

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Dive Cabins and/or trips to the San Juan Islands

Post by Tangfish »

Someone mentioned the other day that they knew of a cabin somewhere near the San Juan Islands where they provided a weekend of diving, eating and lodging. I think it might've been diverdown. I'm wondering if you can post that info here please.

:bounce:
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

I mot sure where you mean but i know some one that does illcontact him and see if he can shoot me the link to a place he and his dive buddies go to

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

calvyn a freind of mine runs a dive boat charter in the san juans.. deep sea charters i dont know of any cabins though..
Who run barter town?
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

diverdown wrote:calvyn a freind of mine runs a dive boat charter in the san juans.. deep sea charters i dont know of any cabins though..
That's not Captain Dave is it ??? :bounce:

Calvin you have to get some updated shots of me so I can update my Avatar..... ](*,)
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

yes sir ive worked his boat a few times :partyman:
Who run barter town?
Scubak
I've Got Gills

San Juans

Post by Scubak »

My friend Rick Myers with Bandito Charters is running some charters up there this spring and had given me some dates if anyone is interested...If ya all wanna go, we can work something out and bring the wives...there is plenty to do in Friday Harbor for non-divers.
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
sparky
I've Got Gills

Re: San Juans

Post by sparky »

Scubak wrote:My friend Rick Myers with Bandito Charters is running some charters up there this spring and had given me some dates if anyone is interested...If ya all wanna go, we can work something out and bring the wives...there is plenty to do in Friday Harbor for non-divers.
Kirsten
Hey K:

isnt this where Bob B likes to go? he knows some one up that way that has cabins i am sure it is the same area

I should shoot him a pm on one of the other sites I know he is a member of and ask him I gess

hope to see you all soon

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Re: San Juans

Post by DiverDown »

Scubak wrote:My friend Rick Myers with Bandito Charters is running some charters up there this spring and had given me some dates if anyone is interested...If ya all wanna go, we can work something out and bring the wives...there is plenty to do in Friday Harbor for non-divers.
Kirsten
that would be great i like banditos never had a bad dive w them. set it up im sure that i would go... :supz:
Who run barter town?
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

diverdown wrote:yes sir ive worked his boat a few times :partyman:
That's funny, what a small world. I just bought a SS bp/wing and harness setup from him all DiveRite and like new , really happy with it btw.
:partyman:
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Re: Dive Cabins and/or trips to the San Juan Islands

Post by John Rawlings »

Calvin wrote:Someone mentioned the other day that they knew of a cabin somewhere near the San Juan Islands where they provided a weekend of diving, eating and lodging. I think it might've been diverdown. I'm wondering if you can post that info here please.

:bounce:
I do not believe that there are any "dedicated" dive resorts in the San Juans.

However, Island Dive and Water Sports in Friday Harbor on San Juan Island can arrange lodging for you, from camping to B&B's to luxury hotel rooms to rustic cabins. My friends, Dawn and Mike, are the owners and have connections with hotel, cabin and resort owners all over the islands. Here's their web site:

http://www.divesanjuan.com/about.html

There's a 1-800 phone number in there somewhere!

If you call, make sure that you mention that John Rawlings said you HAVE to see "Dawn's Bottom"! :bootyshake: (which is actually a GORGEOUS dive site perfect for macro and close-up photography, but named after one of Dawn's best features!)

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

I was the one that thought I had heard of a place but i had my air hose kinked i gess I got a message from my Diving Mentor telling me the place I was thinking of is in Canada

up on holiday Island I think it is maybe we should thinkk about heading a little farther north

John Do you know where the place Bob B would have been talking about is and maybe a web site ?

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Scubak
I've Got Gills

San Juans and BC

Post by Scubak »

Alright,
This is what I have found out so far...Bandito charters runs a few charters in the San Juans in the Spring...what happens is you meet the boat in Anacortes, dive on the way over to Friday Harbor, stay the night and dive the next day back to Anacortes...he has some spots in May 22/23, could do the 8/9 (if we could fill the boat), June 5/6 or just a day trip on the 21st. I will/could get prices on the trip and some spots on the island to stay if anyone is interested. Let me know.
Now about BC...about the best deal in BC is up at Porpise Charters in Seschelt, BC...Kal and Anne run a great spot. It is usually a Fri-Sun with 6 dives, all meals (cept for Fri nite), lodging, air, snacks and really great food and dive sites for about 280US (depending on exchange rate), heck you can't go to the beach for a weekend for that...if ya want to go, the best times are before JULY, AUG and it is some fantastic diving. The Chaudiere, Stagg Wall, Toozonie Narrows, etc...etc...but be perpared cuz you are diving,,diving...eating and sleeping...These are a ship dive, a couple of wall dives, and a couple of drift dives...some of the greatsest stuff you can see..
Let me know if there is interest I will try and book us all something either San Juans or BC or both
Kirsten
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

this is the place I was talking about and my did its in BC not the San Juans

but check this out as well sounds like a real nice place

I knwothe divers I have talked to that have stayed there all go back time and time againe

http://www.hornbyislanddiving.com/index.html

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

hey kirsten i wound up catching a charter to porpoise bay on memorial weekend. I would definatly would be interested in a day trip san juans with bandito i will take two spots.. im sure if you get the charter you wont have any trouble filling the rest..
Who run barter town?
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

I might be willing to go depending on how soon we are talking I am prety tied up for the next month or so and Jay is not home he would most likly take one as well

but i dont mean to comit him to any thing i just know we have been talking about doing some boat divig for a change.

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man