Diving Jan 24th

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Jabberjaw
Dive-aholic

Diving Jan 24th

Post by Jabberjaw »

The tides this Saturday look really good. Who would like to go. I haven't done many dives south of Rodondo and would like to try one or two. Anyone like to go Saturday morning? Les Davis, Lobster Shop Wall or any cool site around the Tacoma area? Let me know.

Greg
Got Water?
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Re: Diving Jan 24th

Post by Scubak »

Let me look at the tides and see what I can do...
Kirsten
Scubak@comcast..net
"Let's go diving!"
Jabberjaw
Dive-aholic

Post by Jabberjaw »

Right now Spatman and I are meeting at Redondo for a couple of dives Saturday morning at 9am. The tides are good for most of the morning. You are welcome to join us.

Greg
Got Water?
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Currents are great at DIW then too! That's where I want to go Saturday morning. Can dive Redondo just about anytime, compared to DIW...
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Diver_C wrote:Currents are great at DIW then too! That's where I want to go Saturday morning. Can dive Redondo just about anytime, compared to DIW...
DIW is going to be a zoo.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Jabberjaw
Dive-aholic

Post by Jabberjaw »

That's why our first dive is at Redondo. We may change sites after the first or second dive.

Greg
Got Water?
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Jabberjaw wrote:That's why our first dive is at Redondo. We may change sites after the first or second dive.

Greg
You going to want some tanks? I could bring them down to the office tomorrow.
Jabberjaw
Dive-aholic

Post by Jabberjaw »

Thanks Sounder, I'm pretty good with my doubles and a stage. If you want to two or three down tomorrow I can get them filled and ready for you.

Greg
Got Water?
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Jabberjaw wrote:Thanks Sounder, I'm pretty good with my doubles and a stage. If you want to two or three down tomorrow I can get them filled and ready for you.

Greg
I'll see how the boy is doing and will give you a call if we're coming.
Jabberjaw
Dive-aholic

Post by Jabberjaw »

I have your dvd done. It's ready for the dvd palyer on the big screen. :laughing3:
Got Water?
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Jabberjaw wrote:I have your dvd done. It's ready for the dvd palyer on the big screen. :laughing3:
Could you bring it with you to the office tomorrow?
Jabberjaw
Dive-aholic

Post by Jabberjaw »

I will have it with me. I will warn you that if you have a lot of studying to do this me tv dvd is going to cut into that time by a lot. It is so awesome. :supz:
Got Water?
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Jabberjaw wrote:I will have it with me. I will warn you that if you have a lot of studying to do this me tv dvd is going to cut into that time by a lot. It is so awesome. :supz:
It was pretty awesome. Fortunately, I can't study when I'm on Daddy Duty, so Baby Sounder and I will enjoy Sounder Bloopers today without regret... well, without regret that I'm not studying... that left post issue still causes me much regret.
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Post by fmerkel »

Sounder wrote:
Diver_C wrote: DIW is going to be a zoo.
Wasn't. Very quiet. No wind, actually warmer by the water than inland (frost at my house that AM).
Only 4 divers in our group there and 2 more showed up as we were leaving.
Pleasant N. current, 15' viz. 8 wolfies and ~7GPO-big 'uns'.
Even Titlow only had 2 divers while we warmed up at Steamers.
Fritz
To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

fmerkel wrote:
Sounder wrote:
Diver_C wrote: DIW is going to be a zoo.
Wasn't. Very quiet. No wind, actually warmer by the water than inland (frost at my house that AM).
Only 4 divers in our group there and 2 more showed up as we were leaving.
Pleasant N. current, 15' viz. 8 wolfies and ~7GPO-big 'uns'.
Even Titlow only had 2 divers while we warmed up at Steamers.
Fritz
$%^#$#^%#@^&*@!^!@&*!~!!!!!!!!!!!
Jabberjaw
Dive-aholic

Post by Jabberjaw »

spatman wrote: $%^#$#^%#@^&*@!^!@&*!~!!!!!!!!!!!
Dido

Thanks Fritz, My nose hurts for some reason. Anyways we had a larger crowd at Redondo. The air was a warm 44 degrees and the water even warmer at 46 degrees. I saw a couple of GPOs, a couple of small octos and 1 Rat Fish twice. We had two hour long dives. Vis wasn't two bad at ~15' Next time it's DIW and I will have my new superduper HD video camcorder with me.
:occasion5:
Greg
Got Water?
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

spatman wrote: $%^#$#^%#@^&*@!^!@&*!~!!!!!!!!!!!
Who do we be cranky at for predicting a crowd at DIW? Doug? (I vote for him because he wasn't diving today) The Dond was relatively devoid of life again today... winter eh?

Still a fun day with fun people mind you. Hopefully still fun for those who got too cold, had equipment malfunctions or had to give back a snuggly weezle.

Thanks all!

And it was great to finally meet Zendiver in passing ;)

-Eric
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Sounder wrote: DIW is going to be a zoo.
Yes, let's be clear who predicted the zoo - Doug; I didn't think it would be. Actually, Doug was correct it was a zoo, but he just didn't realize his prediction was for Redondo, not DIW. Couldn't find anyone interested in DIW, just Redondo, so that's where I ended up. Several classes present, open water and rescue, and a hoard of other divers. Quite often the the vis was 1 foot, then the silt would die down for a few seconds before another round of silt was stirred up, and spread around. I seriously thought I was diving behind a pack of seals. At least it was a beautiful day above ground, and I found people to dive DIW with tomorrow....
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

we were at redondo from 9am to about 2pm. we did see girldiver's rescue class there in the morning and a flag that could have been the other class later on. besides seeing a few rescue students at the beginning of our first dive, we barely crossed paths with any other divers, students or not. maybe a total of two or three times did we see another pair of divers swim by. certainly no packs of seals.

and if you think that qualifies as a "zoo" at redondo, i guess you've never been there on a weekend in the summer.
Jabberjaw
Dive-aholic

Post by Jabberjaw »

I will take part responsibility for not choosing DIW. I thought also there would be a crowd. Who would of thought otherwise. But on the bright side we got two good long dives in at Redondo. I had a great time diving with everyone. Also found out Spatman will be in Maui the same time I will be there. How cool is that?

Thanks Everyone for the dives =D>

Greg
Got Water?
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Well, more people than just me had bad information then. See what you get for listening to me? :dontknow:
DiverBob
Compulsive Diver

Post by DiverBob »

Jabberjaw wrote:I will take part responsibility for not choosing DIW.
Everyone went to Sunrise instead. The parking lot was full of divers gearing up when we arrived. We had to prark in the grass at the far end of the lot.
Life is good, let's dive!!