Photos of new stairs at Les Davis!!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Photos of new stairs at Les Davis!!

Post by nwscubamom »

Saturday, Sept 9th was the ribbon cutting ceremony for the new stairs. I was able to attend and posted photos on the WSA website for you to gawk at! And then after the ceremony, I just had to try 'em out for myself for a couple of dives. My old feeble knees really appreciated the stairs and hand railings. :)

The tiles of critters turned out REALLY nice and I got pics of those too.

Immediately following the ribbon cutting ceremony, the stairs were tested by a special unit class of Rangers from Fort Lewis Scuba led by Instructor Israel Ortiz. :) (Man those guys are so YOUNG looking - I think I'm getting ooooold....)

Check it out!

http://www.wascuba.org

Many thanks again to Jim Trask, WSA VP, for doggedly pursuing this project over the past 4 or 5 years. ^:)^

- Janna :)
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Sweet! :supz:
:wav: :wav:
Great Job to all involved! This is a quality piece of work, both functional and good looking. The tiles were a nice idea, and making them of actual pics of underwater critters makes them even better. I expected "stylized" representations, which would have been fine, this is even better. It looks great, and will be an ambassador of sorts for Scuba in Washington. Great project, and a good start for Washington Scuba Divers. Good luck in the future!
:wav: :wav:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Looks great! Hopefully this will help pave the way for more in the future... now, if they could just do something about that darn surface swim at Edmonds!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

After nearly doing several "Face Plants" at and tripping over boulders
(in the past) after initial entry. This is GREAT!
This is such an improvement, still a little unstable on the new small round rocks but hey, I'll take that any day of the week!
Thank's to all who were involved =D>
And thank you Janna! for the great pictures and report.