Back from Pacific Adventure Charters!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Back from Pacific Adventure Charters!

Post by nwscubamom »

Val and I spent a GORGEOUS day on Hood Canal yesterday with Don and Diane and various and sundry assorted governmental types. Four of us were diving, and 2 were non divers, just along for the ride and cameraderie. (of which there was PLENTY!)

If you do happen to go on their boat, look for the little fishie and invertebrate stickers all over the place that Valerie and I have been carefully placing over the past few months. Each time we visit, we stealthily stick on a few more.... :D

We did a guinea pig test ride on the boat right after the Colemans got it, and had the chance to pitch in our two cents - "I think you need a handrail here, and make this last step on the ladder shorter..." That sort of thing. I am DELIGHTED to see they not only did all the improvements we suggested, but even MORE!

My old feeble knees are GRATEFUL!

So, you want more photos? Here's a select few of my top picks for the day yesterday:

http://nwgeogirl.smugmug.com/gallery/1886700

Enjoy 'em!

- Janna :)
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

wow, janna; those are incredible pics!!! :prayer: :supz:
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
Zen Diver v1
Aquaphile

Post by Zen Diver v1 »

and you should have been there in person. Two wonderful dives and more ling cod than I've even seen on one dive.

-Valerie
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

well, let me know next time you're going ... it's quite possible i could be "sick" that day ... :evil4:
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Hi Janna! We'll be going with Pac Adv the 29th! I can hardly wait.

Your picture of the Lion's Mane gave me heart palpitations! Although I suppose it's the ones I DON'T see that I should be worried about! ](*,)
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Great pics! Man, the new boat looks sweet! I gotta get back out with them.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
luv2scuba
Frequent Bubbler

Post by luv2scuba »

I just got back from an outing with Pacific Adventures yesterday. It was great. Don and Diane do a really good job. It is a very professional outfit. We were well taken care of.

There was lots to be seen and no signs of low oxygen content in that area. Diane did tell us that they do not get affected by the low oxygen in their area. We saw some great wolfies, a huge ling cod and a humungous giant nudibranch (very cool).

I did have a run in with a lions mane. Glad it was only a baby or my lip may be triple the size of Angelina Jolies instead of just double.