3/15/09 San Juans charter

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
LCF
I've Got Gills

3/15/09 San Juans charter

Post by LCF »

I have visitors from California coming up next weekend, and they wanted to do a charter boat in the San Juans. So I have contacted the Naknek (Bandito boat) and booked it for a two tank day on Sunday. Right now, there are only four of us on the boat, so there's plenty of room for others! Right now, pickup is in Friday Harbor, and cost is $75 per diver. If we get two more people, we can get an Anacortes pickup, but the cost will be $85.

Anyway, I just wanted to let folks know that there's a mostly empty boat going out, in case you like a lot of room to spread your stuff out :-)
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
vbcoachchris
Dive-aholic

Re: 3/15/09 San Juans charter

Post by vbcoachchris »

Lynne, if the pick up is Anacortes, Ben G and I will go. Do you let Bandito know or should I?

More people might go now that might be in Anacortes

Let me know

Scott
vbcoachchris
Dive-aholic

Post by vbcoachchris »

Sorry, Lynne I can't read. I can't go Sunday. For some reason I thought your trip was Saturday.

Scott
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Oh, darn, Scott -- It would have been fun to have had you and Ben along!

Actually, if I can't muster up two more divers, we're probably going to cancel, because Peter doesn't want to go all the way to Friday Harbor for pickup.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

If you cancel and still want to get out, I am good with a Saturday or Sunday dive on my boat (weather dependant). I can fit 4 divers (would be a bit crampped as its a 25 footer, but I have done it before).

If the wife drives, all can drop together. If not, I would need to do a 2 out, 2 in style dive.

Cost is some gas money ($20-25 per covers), your own food and drink, warm clothes for the run out (I have a Florida boat, none of those sissy Northwest cabins on my baby!!!) :-) and a good sense of humor.

I am on Whidbey Island and usually leave from Cornet Bay, although depending on where we are going, I could very easily leave from Anacortes too.

Chad
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Thanks, Chad. At this point, it looks likely that we will cancel, as I have had no interest in this charter from anybody else.

I'm going to get back to my CA friends and see what they want to do for a fallback.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

I'm interested if it still looks like its gonna happen. :snorkel:
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

I might possibly be interested if you go out - I'm on Orcas, so Friday Harbour wouldn't be a problem, so long as I can get on an early ferry. I say possibly because I should probably get the reg I have serviced before I dive it - I borrowed it from someone and haven't tried it out or had it serviced yet.

:fish: :snorkel: Elise
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I did cancel this, because a Friday Harbor pickup wasn't going to work for us.