Anyone wanna get wet this weekend?

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Anyone wanna get wet this weekend?

Post by eliseaboo »

I do! An unfortunate string of events has kept me out of the water for over a month now, and I'm dying to get in again! I've got Friday/Saturday off, and I'm up north in the San Juans, but not opposed to travelling. In fact, getting off this island would do me good...

I've got no sites in mind, I've only been to Redondo and Les Davis, but also wouldn't mind doing those again...coming from WI, all diving out here is great! I'm open to suggestions if people are free. The earliest I could be in Anacortes would be 8:20am, so depending on travel time we're either looking at a late morning dive or an overnight trip for me.

-Elise
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Anyone wanna get wet this weekend?

Post by Dusty2 »

I will be in Port Townsend Starting Friday night but the Saturday dive time is real early due to the currents!
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

I have not been in the water since Kona, HI in December and need to get wet too. If you can make it down to maybe,,,, Alki this weekend maybe we could hook up. Alki, like Redondo is not a current intensive dive and can be done anytime.
:partydance:

Saturday early afternoon works best for me but I could likely make it another day/time also...
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

Where is that in relation to Redondo? North or South? I'm almost desperate enough to take you up on it, and make it a two-day trip...
Metal man
Aquaphile

Post by Metal man »

I'd be up for diving late morning or early afternoon on Friday at Edmonds UP or Mukilteo.

Alki is north of Redondo in west Seattle, this is my favorite site to night dive.
Gabe ~D.I.A.W.Y.C. Diver
jackieg
Amphibian

Post by jackieg »

I am going out on a boat from Tacoma on Saturday (two tanker for $75.00) but there is space if you are interested. 7:45am load time.... and you could try out the BC (smile)

Jackie
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Post by fmerkel »

Let me get this right....you are leaving the San Juans to go dive in our local sites?
Will wonders never cease. Does no one dive up there?

You are welcome to come to Sunrise (Gig Harbor) for a 10 AM meet on Sunday. It's a bit of a hump to the water but a very pretty wall with some friendly wolfies and stand offish GPO's.

Anyone else is welcome to come on by also. My wife, Joyce, is leading a club dive for the Marker Buoys.

Fritz
To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I've still got some available spots on the 2 PM Bandito charter on Sunday.

Fritz, I may join you for the Sunrise dive as well. I'll have guests ... depends on what they want to do.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

fmerkel wrote:Let me get this right....you are leaving the San Juans to go dive in our local sites?
Will wonders never cease. Does no one dive up there?

You are welcome to come to Sunrise (Gig Harbor) for a 10 AM meet on Sunday. It's a bit of a hump to the water but a very pretty wall with some friendly wolfies and stand offish GPO's.

Anyone else is welcome to come on by also. My wife, Joyce, is leading a club dive for the Marker Buoys.

Fritz
I would totally love to dive up here, except I can never find a buddy! If anyone has any leads, point me in the right direction!

Unfortunately, my work week runs Sunday-Thursday, or I'd love to dive Sunday morning...but alas, Friday and Saturday are all I can manage.

Metal man wrote:I'd be up for diving late morning or early afternoon on Friday at Edmonds UP or Mukilteo.

Alki is north of Redondo in west Seattle, this is my favorite site to night dive.
I've been to none of these sites...but if they're good in terms of currents, I'm game. I must admit, it's been over a month since I've been in the water, and though I'm not a brand new diver I'd like to play it on the safe side. Friday afternoon would be the best bet for me, as I'm driving another friend to Seattle anyway that morning.
jackieg wrote:I am going out on a boat from Tacoma on Saturday (two tanker for $75.00) but there is space if you are interested. 7:45am load time.... and you could try out the BC (smile)

Jackie
Where are you diving? I might take you up on it, though I have to decide if I can afford it...
edm81363
Aquaphile

Post by edm81363 »

I'm also leading a Fun Dive for Bubbles Below at BHUT in Edmonds on Saturday. Meet time is 9am. This dive is open to all...
Last edited by edm81363 on Thu May 14, 2009 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Ed in Mill Creek
OW, AOW, Boat, Deep, EANx, CPR, First Aid, O2, Rescue, HSA, DM
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

eliseaboo wrote:Where is that in relation to Redondo? North or South? I'm almost desperate enough to take you up on it, and make it a two-day trip...
It is right accross Elliot BAy in Seattle... nice, easy, enjoyable dive :thumbsup:
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
Metal man
Aquaphile

Post by Metal man »

eliseaboo wrote:I've been to none of these sites...but if they're good in terms of currents, I'm game. I must admit, it's been over a month since I've been in the water, and though I'm not a brand new diver I'd like to play it on the safe side. Friday afternoon would be the best bet for me, as I'm driving another friend to Seattle anyway that morning.
PM sent
Gabe ~D.I.A.W.Y.C. Diver
CatolicDiver
Frequent Bubbler

Post by CatolicDiver »

Bob, what are the dive sites for the Sunday Bandito dive?

Fritz, is the dive club doing 1 or 2 dives at Sunrise? Do I need to bring a buddy if I want to come?

thanks,
Felix
Catolic = I worship my cat
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

JoeT and I are going to Keystone Sunday morning for a couple. You can join us if you'd like.
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Post by fmerkel »

CatolicDiver wrote:Bob,
Fritz, is the dive club doing 1 or 2 dives at Sunrise? Do I need to bring a buddy if I want to come?
Felix
One dive.
If you have a buddy-great. If not, come anyway and we'll either match you or take you our self as a 3-some. When we lead dives that's the way we work.

We generally hit Gig Harbor for social de-briefing afterward.

Look for a dark burgundy Subaru wagon and introduce yourself. Since you seem to be a cat person ask about our cat at your own risk.

Fritz
To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

CatolicDiver wrote:Bob, what are the dive sites for the Sunday Bandito dive?

thanks,
Felix
Felix!
If you can do this dive(Sunrise), you wont regret it! :supz: :partydance: :metal:

I will be at Day Island, but there seems to be alot of divers going there where the parking is limmited.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
CatolicDiver
Frequent Bubbler

Post by CatolicDiver »

Fritz, thanks for the info and for telling the nw dive club about the Sunrise dive.

Keith, I already dived Sunrise 3 times and it's one of my favorites. But thanks for the recommendation.

Bob y el Bandito are going to the KVI Tower tomorrow, so I decided to join them since it's 2 dives and I haven't been there before.
Catolic = I worship my cat