3 Tree cool for slack tomorrow?

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
scottsax
I've Got Gills

3 Tree cool for slack tomorrow?

Post by scottsax »

Looking for a nice, happy dive tomorrow. Not too early, not too challenging current-wise. I haven't been in the water for at least a month and a half, so I wanted to do something easy. I figured the Deuce and the 'dondo would be madhouses, so I was thinking 3 tree, splashing around 12:00 and heading away from the point? Does that sound like an appropriate dive?
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: 3 Tree cool for slack tomorrow?

Post by Dusty2 »

I don't think there will be an appropriate dive tomorrow!! You have a -3.64 low tomorrow coming off of a 13'+ exchange running into a 16'+ exchange. The water will be way out and I doubt there will be much of a slack at all.
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Agate Pass, baby!

I just hope there is enough vis to avoid bumping into things.
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

I cannot stress enough that this is MY PROBLEM.
gcbryan
Submariner

Post by gcbryan »

dsteding wrote:Agate Pass, baby!

I just hope there is enough vis to avoid bumping into things.
Are you really doing Agate Pass tomorrow? Around 3:30pm! If so I'd like to read a dive report on that one.
seaphilia
Avid Diver

Post by seaphilia »

You should be OK as long as you head away from the point. I dove slack there today and Sat. and there was a steady but mild current that was easily manageable. Vis was 5-10 above 30ft and 10-15 below 30ft.
billandwende
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by billandwende »

seaphilia wrote: Vis was 5-10 above 30ft and 10-15 below 30ft.
Wow I dove Redondo today around 11 and viz was "if you can touch it you might be able to see it." :blackblink: I loved it but the guys I was with were whining about it. (Yea I said WHINING :neener: unnamed dive buddies.) So we canceled dive 2 and ate halibut and squid at Saltys. :fish: And it was good \:D/
"I seek out more experienced divers who are willing to dive with me, and I buy them beer." :snorkel:

"It was awesome until the point where Bono endorsed it." Fishstiq

"Anyone know a good direction to point me in so i can figure out exactly what i have?" kat