CLUB DIVE! CLUB DIVE! CLUB DIVE!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
April
Dive-aholic

Re: CLUB DIVE! CLUB DIVE! CLUB DIVE!

Post by April »

I'll be there, I keep changing my mind about what I want to bring. How about chips and guacamole? And something else if there are gaps to be filled.
April
kitsapdiver
Submariner

Post by kitsapdiver »

I'll be there, not sure what I'm bringing yet.
THE Ohio State University
Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

My wife intends to bring baked beans, for those who need help inflating their dry suits...
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Matt and I are driving up and I think a friend that is a diver may show up also.

I think I will bring my regulators, tanks, mask, fins, BCD, dry suit, undergarment, weights, booties and O2 Kit. Did I forget anything? :snorkel:
Charles
OlyStretch
Just Settling In

Post by OlyStretch »

I wish I could go, but the 10th just happens to be the day I am doing my first OW dive for certification, what a drag. When is the next club dive, next year? I was really hoping to get a t-shirt while there. Blasted class taking forever to get my C-card :-({|=
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

I'll be there, hopefully in my dry suit. I was going to ask to try some BP/W rigs but I think that I'll avoid trying too many new things at once. I would like to try a set of heavy paddle fins though if anybody has spares they can bring.

I'm just off NE 145th and any of the north end crowd interested in carpooling should PM me.

I can bring a 12'x12' canopy if folks feel like it would be useful.

Our fridge is overflowing with veggies from our farm share so I'll bring an antidote for the cheetos.

I'm looking forward to seeing everybody.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
lizard0924
Submariner

Post by lizard0924 »

renoun wrote:I'll be there, hopefully in my dry suit. I was going to ask to try some BP/W rigs but I think that I'll avoid trying too many new things at once. I would like to try a set of heavy paddle fins though if anybody has spares they can bring.
I'm bringing my jetfins if you want to try them. I think they are size L.

Foodwise....we will bring burgers/buns if there is going to be a grill available. Does anyone know about the grill situation?

Also will bring our shade canopy and table. And, of course, as is our usual protocol for weekend dives....we will have a cooler full of assorted post-dive libations (alcohol is prohibited in the park....discretion is key). :)

Looking forward to this!
Liz

www.lizsundquist.com

Holy cow! I'm the Godzilla of the underworld, apparently. ~ JenBowes
I'm going to tie my spool off on your manifold and ride you like a manatee! ~ Scottsax
Lundy will forever be known as The Guy Touching Richard's Thong. ~ Spatman
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I'll bring along a grill, 10x10 canopy and a few extra folding chairs.

What time's meet time anyway?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

We'll be there with some kind of salad (probably pasta salad)

I can bring an extra pair of Jets (XL) or Slipstreams (XL) as well
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

I need to try somebody's paddle fins, so dibs on a pair somewhere! I know there's a few folks bringing them.

Also, slack appears to be around noon... the flood is rippin 4.2 in the Narrows, then it settles down to a nice flat afternoon. If you go in too early there will be some flooding (south flowing) current to deal with. Afternoon dives the current should be minimal and the artificial reef at Saltwater makes a great current barrier.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Tom Nic wrote:I need to try somebody's paddle fins, so dibs on a pair somewhere! I know there's a few folks bringing them.

Also, slack appears to be around noon... the flood is rippin 4.2 in the Narrows, then it settles down to a nice flat afternoon. If you go in too early there will be some flooding (south flowing) current to deal with. Afternoon dives the current should be minimal and the artificial reef at Saltwater makes a great current barrier.
I have a pair of cressi sub pro fins...not a turtle fin but it is a long paddle fin. I believe size med/large
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Tom - what size feet do you have? I have a set of XL slipstreams you could try. They're very stiff and responsive which will be a big change from splits, but I think you'll like them.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Sounder wrote:Tom - what size feet do you have? I have a set of XL slipstreams you could try. They're very stiff and responsive which will be a big change from splits, but I think you'll like them.
I think the dry suit boots on my USIA are size 11.

If there's several options I should be able to pick one that will be fun to try, thanks to the generosity of so many NWDClubers! You guys all rock! :supz:
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Grateful Diver wrote:What time's meet time anyway?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

If I wasn't so lazy / busy I'd look up the slack in the Narrows north end (which is a good station to use for Saltwater).

I think that the first slack current is noonish.

Park opens at 8 AM.

You could dive early, but there is a good flood (4.2 knots) before the first slack. Water is pretty flat in the afternoon.

I don't know if there was an official "meet time", but I'm thinking around 10 AM should be fine for most folks - people will be arriving at all different times. I'm thinking the ideal 1st dive time is probably hitting the water at 11 or 11:30. After that dive times aren't that critical because the water is pretty flat.
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

This is with no corrections added.

D(B)
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Crap. Well, I may only get to do one dive, and will BS more, since I need to leave around lunchtime... Unless someone wants to loan me a scooter for the AM dive... :metal:

I'll bring 2XL Turtles. Anyone want to try a long hose setup? Let me know and I'll convert my set back.
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Tom Nic wrote:
Sounder wrote:Tom - what size feet do you have? I have a set of XL slipstreams you could try. They're very stiff and responsive which will be a big change from splits, but I think you'll like them.
i think the boots on my USIA are 11, too, so those slipstreams should fit perfectly. the slips are pretty much the same size at the jetfin, and my jets are XL.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

spatman wrote:
Tom Nic wrote:
i think the boots on my USIA are 11, too, so those slipstreams should fit perfectly. the slips are pretty much the same size at the jetfin, and my jets are XL.
Yeah, I suspect they'll fit pretty well too.
sungurl
Aquaphile

Post by sungurl »

Golly gompers I'm getting excited and nervous all at the same time about the upcoming dive...I feel like it is a "first date" after a "meeting online", :rofl: ....y'all best be just as entertaining in person as you are here on the board...(no pressure, lol)

This Saturday be my first dive post certification in my new purty dry suit (final dives in class are tomorrow - yippeee) :partydance: , can't wait.....Hope lots of folks are bringing their camera (I'm bringing mine as well) because it will be a blast to collect all the photos and put them in one big folder for everyone to share and keep to reflect on our days events...

Not sure what I'm bringning, but will probably be lots of water for everyone as I'm pretty sure all the "no-no" drinks being snuck into the park will not hydrate us properly, and I do NOT recommend sipping from the local pond.....
See you Saturday :biggrin:
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

sungurl wrote:This Saturday be my first dive post certification in my new purty dry suit (final dives in class are tomorrow - yippeee) :partydance: , can't wait.....Hope lots of folks are bringing their camera (I'm bringing mine as well) because it will be a blast to collect all the photos and put them in one big folder for everyone to share and keep to reflect on our days events...
hey, i'll be in a new drysuit, too!

and yes, everybody take pictures and add them to this album, which is ridiculously empty.
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

+1 for new dry suit :metal:
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

sungurl wrote:Golly gompers I'm getting excited and nervous all at the same time about the upcoming dive...I feel like it is a "first date" after a "meeting online", :rofl: ....y'all best be just as entertaining in person as you are here on the board...(no pressure, lol)

This Saturday be my first dive post certification in my new purty dry suit (final dives in class are tomorrow - yippeee) :partydance: , can't wait.....Hope lots of folks are bringing their camera (I'm bringing mine as well) because it will be a blast to collect all the photos and put them in one big folder for everyone to share and keep to reflect on our days events...

Not sure what I'm bringning, but will probably be lots of water for everyone as I'm pretty sure all the "no-no" drinks being snuck into the park will not hydrate us properly, and I do NOT recommend sipping from the local pond.....
See you Saturday :biggrin:
We'll get you hooked up with a rock-solid "big buddy." Big buddies are something we are always happy to coordinate for new divers, or those who want to learn something new from a mentor type. If anyone else wants to dive with a "big buddy," just let someone know and they'll route to the right folks. Big buddies will take you out for a fun dive, within your comfort level, and you'll probably learn something along the way too.
revstr
Frequent Bubbler

Post by revstr »

First dives without an instructor for me as well.
sungurl
Aquaphile

Post by sungurl »

spatman wrote:
sungurl wrote:This Saturday be my first dive post certification in my new purty dry suit (final dives in class are tomorrow - yippeee) :partydance: , can't wait.....Hope lots of folks are bringing their camera (I'm bringing mine as well) because it will be a blast to collect all the photos and put them in one big folder for everyone to share and keep to reflect on our days events...
hey, i'll be in a new drysuit, too!

and yes, everybody take pictures and add them to this album, which is ridiculously empty.
I vote all of us with new drysuits get a piccie together as a group :biggrin: How fun!!!!!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

revstr wrote:First dives without an instructor for me as well.
Find Spatman, Penelope, Pez, myself, Tom Nic, Fishstiq, Grateful Diver, BDub, etc (I'm not sure who all is coming, but these names came to mind) - we'll get you hooked up with some solid big buddies. I promise you'll have fun, promise they'll stay within your comfort zone, and I guarantee you'll learn something. Big buddy diving is wonderfully rewarding for both the little buddy and the big buddy.